Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Well. I know what is holding back the release of Horizon now. haha
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2015

This update is going to be very bri'ish.

Each flower chosen for this update is the county flower of London, Staffordshire and Birmingham.

London: Rosebay Willowherb (pictured center)
    Staffordshire: Common Heather
    Birmingham: Foxglove

The shrubs will be very typical English landscape shrubs

Common Yew
    Summersweet
    Rosebay Rhododendron
    I NEED them!
    when do you think they will be out?
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2015

is the house included? XD
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2015

Where did you get that house?
    ^I think he made it...
    And when exactly are these new foliage's being released?
    Where can I download the flowers? I have the trees now but no flowers.
    • CommentAuthorzacattack
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2015

So I've read the whole thread and maybe I'm missing something, but I just can't find it. Could someone please explain like I'm five where I'm supposed to put the files in order to use the scenery in-game?
    ^The same place you put any scenery. Put it in the park folder of whatever park you want the scenery to be in.
    • CommentAuthorzacattack
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2015 edited

So does it need to be copied each time you want to put it in a park? Obviously if I regularly (read: ever) used scenery I have to manually install in NL2, I wouldn't have to ask. I think I understand now though other than the copying or not, thanks.
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2015

You can either copy it to your main NL2com folder - you will get the 'scenery out of folder' warning every time you select something.

Or

You can copy it into the park folder that you're working on for each different park file.
    • CommentAuthorbramdeb
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2015

I downloaded the files and put in my documents / com.nolimitscoaster.nolimits2 folder.
    but if I add the select trees and wants, he says, unsupported format.

what am I doing wrong?
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2015

You must download the update for NL2. .DAE Collada support was added with the Wingrider update.
    • CommentAuthorSupertramp
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2015

I'm really excited to see the new foliage. When are you planning on releasing it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjamiechi
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2015

^^^^ Or, you could use the 'mklink /j src dest' command to create a junction link in all your parks.
    The advantage of this, is that you only have to update files from one place if things change.
    I have been using this to make it easier: Link Shell Extension
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2015 edited

nSeven I have a question...Why is Scream & Shout Instrumental in the Tree Textures folder? I was surprised to see it there. Btw great pack, thanks for sharing your hard work :D
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2015 edited

I have an update?! OMG WHAT?! It's true though...finally got myself into MAX and wow...it is SO much easier to assemble a tree in there instead of sketchup.

So hopefully this opens the door to some new trees here.

Starting with......

A classic White Bark Birch - this one is donned with the "Summer" leaf texture.

This one has the "Spring" texture. The leaves are smaller and that super bright shade of green you see when a forest emerges from winter.

And lastly, "Autumn" - golden yellow splendor.

All of these textures are provided - you just have to manipulate the NL2 Material editor to change them out (same as the cherry trees).
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2015

Looking gorgeous! What coasters are featured in the background?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

NoLimits Tree Simulator

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox

For the SLC it looks like it has B&M support connectors. Everything else looks great!
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Middle shot is Thunder Run by GeCoDe, bottom is my own Maurer X design (way back when I just started!) and the top is my ongoing Botanical Garden project.

Thanks guys - will get this out for download as soon as I can fix a few issues.
    OH MY GOSH.... How can you be so good at this :o Also your enviroments are INSANE
    I think people would appreciate 2d trees as well as 3d ones, just in case they have potatos for laptops...
    • CommentAuthorCraZHadder
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015

The new tree is looking fantastic. Especially love the autumn texture.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Thanks guys! CoasterGuy246 - these trees are very low poly already (I'm fastidious with my polygons), however I do plan on getting a 2d set out too - especially useful for background forests.

Got another tree out today - this one as a gift to the X2 project:

Shoestring Acacia - a very versatile landscape tree with a graceful weeping habit.

(Project featured is cb0688's Copperhead)
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

Posted By: COASTERGUY246potatos for laptops...
    I feel like this may be aimed at me... ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

These updates look so awesome.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

I love that birch tree, very nice work nSeven! Did you release it already?
    Where can we download them?
    Looks so good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

I can't wait to use these for my Flying Dutchman ride! They look gorgeous (as does all you folliage)
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Thanks for all the awesome comments guys - I hope to have the trees out by this upcoming weekend. You may see them pop up in members projects - they're selected testers...lol...ie...don't badger them.

Hopefully more to come tomorrow - I'm kind of on a roll and I don't want to stop!
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo

Amazing trees N7! Can't wait to see more.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Posted By: COASTERGUY246I think people would appreciate 2d trees as well as 3d ones, just in case they have potatos for laptops...

PotatOs

Love the look of the Shoestring Acacia. It's been so long since you released your last batch of trees, it will be refreshing to have some new ones.
    Keep that roll going, nSeven. Don't stop, lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraltlenny

Posted By: nSeven

Only thing that reveals that this is a NL2 screenshot is the shadow aliasing. Great work.
    Posted By: nSevenI have an update?! OMG WHAT?! It's true though...finally got myself into MAX and wow...it is SO much easier to assemble a tree in there instead of sketchup.

Those old trees were made in sketchup?
    You have put so much time in it! Thank you
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Whoa, theses are looking great nSeven! Excellent work as always.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Guess what everyone? IT'S RIDEOP'S BIRTHDAY!!!

And so I wanted to do something special...something that would commemorate the occasion. So I made this:

It's called the Scourge Oak. It's not like the other, more flashy oaks...it's been around a while...kinda forgotten...a little shabby on the sides....it photographs dark....no one would really take a second look... yet it still keeps appearing week after week. :)

SCOURGE OAK

Happy Birthday RideOp!
    •  
      CommentAuthor6FlagsManiac
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2015 edited

Happy Birthday Tom! Trees look great Mike!
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

I cant handle these Scourge jokes any more I'm crying

Fine
    Not dark enough
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2015

Posted By: TheCodeMasterNot dank enough

fixed
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Thanks guys! Great work Mike, fine details are lost in the darkness and I look forward to seeing this lack of light week after week after week! :-)

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

0/10 can make out some details. Must try harder.

Very nice, Mike, thanks for sharing it with us.
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Do we need to start a Scourge Oak tree counter as well? Looks nice. Well, as nice as a miserable, shabby, forgotten tree can look, lol.

And Happy Birthday Ride Op. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2015 edited

Happy Birthday ride_op!

Awesome work, nSeven! My favourite tree is the Birch although they all got shortlisted. ;)

Those Scourge jokes really are a ... well, a scourge ... :P
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2015

So I ran into a bit of a problem...

I finished a mature Douglas Fir...and it looks great and very much like the tree I was going for...but you place at least 5 of these and I notice my FPS takes a strong nosedive. There's not much else I can do to optimize it as a 3d tree.

So....you might not see this one in your inventory. But I figured I'd share it!
    No problem. I really appreciate your work! I really hope it will be released soon :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2015 edited

maybe too many textures loaded at once? Try making it UV mapped so it uses less textures.