Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2017

I would like to see a nice, green, generic deciduous tree. Something like a Maple or an Oak tree.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeOct 18th 2017 edited

I don't know if this counts (it's pretty general), but I'd really like some generic, puffy, green-leaved trees, somewhat similar to these:

Something slightly less general but still extremely general: Anything that will allow me to better recreate California foliage. I've found I do that in almost every project I create
    ^Same.
    Posted By: jpaufscI would like to see a nice, green, generic deciduous tree. Something like a Maple or an Oak tree.

I second this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

weed plants
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

I was hoping to see a hypothetical tree.

-Ride_Op
    Lombardy poplars.
    •  
      CommentAuthorraptoralex

Saguaro cactus so Arizona and northern Mexico can finally get the amusement parks they deserve.
    I wouldn’t mind what type, but some more dying plants would be kinda nice. Drooping, slightly broken leaves, etc. I think it’d be good for NL2 projects with a bit more of a desolate theme.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

Wow, you're still alive :O At least on the nolimits forums haha

I'd love some straight hedges like these is different sizes. THey are incredible useful when building paths or when trying to make a clean area.

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Was already beaten to it, but honestly just generic trees that could be used in more ways than one would be a solid go-to. There are so many different types of trees that often times I find it hard to figure out a good way to combine them, so I become stuck with the same two or three trees the entire time. Simply, just a few very generic trees to help blend some of the more special types together would be extremely useful.
    Yep, echoing what others have said, I'd love to see large (~70-80' tall maybe?) generic green trees like one might find around Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Something that can be used less often because it's big and fills space, and blends well with other of the same or similar style trees.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKevan

What about a weeping willow? (To be placed next to water to look pretty)
    I'd quite like to see a few more generic medium sized bushes to fill some of the gaps that are caused by tree trunks
    https://gyazo.com/76b8de27908827680738f1e577163803
    Yes! big, flat and wide trees like this would be great for covering larger areas with less individual trees being used
    • CommentAuthornSeven

So filler green.

I can do that. :)
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

I don’t know how hard this would be but more color options for trees would also be appreciated.
    ^omg yes like some fall trees :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

^Ditto this, being able to change the colors of leaves and bark would be awesome for different seasons as well as alien like shrubbery (if you want to get creative!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

dead trees, stumps and fallen trees/logs could be very useful as well
    tbh just make every tree on earth.
    Also, thank you for offering and making such high quality trees for everyone. As I'm sure you know, we really appreciate it and love using your things.

^the only custom content to ever be feature in literally every project ever. That's high praise
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711

Cedrus atlantica OR Cedrus libani PLEASE!
    Posted By: DerMuffinMaker^omg yes like some fall trees :D

Or you could do both. Hypothetically, of course.
    • CommentAuthorzyleo
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2017

Sorry to steer the conversation away from its current topic, but I the download link does not work for me. Can anyone post a mirror for me? Thanks.
    ^here you go

•  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2017 edited

^To bad it doesn't work..
    ^^ im dying help
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2017 edited

I want these less than filler and big, statement generic trees, because they're way more special case...

...buuuuuuuuuuuuut...

Redwoods and accompanying mossy low to the ground foliage. The super tall ones. Imagine the speeder bike scene on Endor from Star Wars. That.

• CommentAuthorzyleo
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2017 edited

^^^^ ehh I was looking for something more modern, a bit less classy. But thanks for the help.
    ^Better?

dead
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2017 edited

After putzing around in Blender, trying to relearn the intricacies of the program, I started working on a new tree using the system Dustin came up with. As I was shaping it, I couldn't really continue as I didn't know which way to go. I didn't want to make a tree that was...uncanny.

So I'm looking to you guys to vote for which tree you want to see the most for this first addition.

Tree A has a lovely round, if not irregular, canopy - good for parks and forests alike.

Tree B is very round with an open structure and bifurcating trunk.

Tree C has a more oval shape and a single trunk. This tree would be the tidiest of the three.

Let the best tree model win! (These images are taken from a 3d model set for single renders, not realtime games - the final product will function well within NL2 like the other models)
    C
    B
    B
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2017

A
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTimeOct 23rd 2017

B
    A
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2017

A

(My true vote is for all three)
    B
    • CommentAuthorasianguruu

A
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

A
    • CommentAuthorMr. E

B

And if it's not too much to ask, how tall are these trees?
    • CommentAuthornSeven

35-40 ft it looks like. C could be smaller though.
    • CommentAuthorkryptos001

A

I love the idea of a Bifurcating trunk, I just wish B wasn't so symmetric
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

A or C
    To me B looks like it can scale up best for again something like BGW. With A the trunk would be too big, and with C the leaves seem like they'd look too big. B seems most scalable to fit different functions to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711

B, I like these types of generic tree to have the "broccoli effect"