Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2014 edited

I'm gonna show you some pictures of my test park. The Batman clone isn't accurate, but it wasn't my intention. This park is for testing scenery, environments, foliage... To sum up, playing NL like it was RCT3.

screenshot 2014 12 22 14 56 41

screenshot 2014 12 22 15 01 40

screenshot 2014 12 22 17 14 53

screenshot 2014 12 22 17 15 41

screenshot 2014 12 22 17 19 34

screenshot 2014 12 22 17 25 38

screenshot 2014 12 22 17 23 37

I will use this thread for showing my secondary projects.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

A Batman with 8 cars? That'll be crazy. Still, the coaster is beautiful and I love the colors.
    Lots of them have 8 cars....
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

Huh? I guess I never noticed. I thought B&M used 7 for Batmans/smaller models and 8 for larger ones like Montu and Alpengeist.

Edit: yeah just checked RCDB. I'm an idiot.

Double edit: I was getting 7 cars from when SFOT ran Batman backwards. For that instance, they borrowed trains from SFMM and only used 7 cars. Sorry for any confusion.

Final edit: To clarify, there are Batman models with 7 car trains. But only Goliath (BTR from New Orleans), Vampire, Batman La Fuga, and Lighting only has 6.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2014

^ Haha, good explanation. Thanks.

Some more progress:

Manta1000

Manta21000

Manta31000

Manta41000

• CommentAuthorMilBee

This looks so awesome. I think it would be really fun just to walk around in this park.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Ah, so it's a Seaworld park now?

It seriously looks amazing, the scenery you have is just brilliant.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Add a water effect to Manta.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2014

Posted By: MilBeeThis looks so awesome. I think it would be really fun just to walk around in this park.

Thanks, that's one of the objetives, because the coasters are just fillers (well, except one)

Posted By: JAKoolAh, so it's a Seaworld park now?

It seriously looks amazing, the scenery you have is just brilliant.

Well, I'd say it is a Busch Gardens park. I used the Manta theming because I think it looks amazing. Thanks!

Posted By: ParadoxAdd a water effect to Manta.

I've added it, but since it is the default NL2 splash it looks a bit weird. Have anyone released a Manta style splash?

NL2 looks beautiful at night :)

Night1

Night2

Night3

Looks like something new is coming:

Night4

But I have a problem. I imported the coaster from NL1 (since I lost the FVD file) but the drop and the top hat are really bumpy. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Woo Project 314 is back!

Can you show the layout of the dive coaster?
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

This project is seriously impressive
    Depumping.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778

@Dapalm: Have you checked that none of the imported vertices or rolls are strict?
    • CommentAuthorMaverick78

You're really awesome! It's possible to make a amusement park with NL2!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2015 edited

Thank you guys! Unfortunately anything worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ip_ONLo485A&feature=youtu.be

Quick sketch of the first part of the layout. I know it has errors, but this will be the blueprint for the real track.
    • CommentAuthorMilBee
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2015

This is a pretty awesome layout. You do some very nice work. I think the first launch is too long but that's pretty much the only thing I saw wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeJan 13th 2015

I actually love dapalm
    ^ Whut?
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2015

Thanks guys! About the long launches... I will shorten them on the final version.

Full POV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgKNak0WsoM&feature=youtu.be

Now the hard part. Remaking the ride with full quality!
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

It seems to have to many zero g rolls.
    • CommentAuthorSkye
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2015 edited

Nope..

There is 2 heartline roll
    2 corksrews
    2 Zero-G's

I can see where you think the others are zero-gs

But I do feel like there are too many similar elements in the layout.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

3 heartline rolls (one very high speed and the others having great hang time), 2 corckscrews and 1 zero G roll in fact. But yeah, I may get rid of some of them in my final version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

Please make the first launch straight and have no roll. It's really annoying me :')
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^ yeah, that's one of the things that will get fixed on the final version. I made this in 6 hours or so. Final version should take at least 2 weeks.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I don't find the inversions repetitive. They are broken up well with the transitions and airtime you've included.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDonidia

I love it!!
    • CommentAuthorSkye

Guess since the coaster is shown. Might as well announce that this is a collaboration between dapalm, me and Kyle sloane!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2015

Eurofighter1000

Eurofighter Layout1000

I came across a bluprint of Abyss (the nearly identical Saw clone in Australia ) and wanted to give it a try. But then I found the blueprint wasn't accurate, so i ended up changing lots of parts to complete the ride. This is not a recreation. Trackwork has some issues (most notably the kink in the dive loop that can be seen in the second picture). Plans for this are giving it a theme (similar to the real one but different ) and release it as fast as I can. Oh, and I have finished a different second half for the Mack coaster. I'm having problems with youtube right now, but I hope to upload it later today.
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2015 edited

omg rnt u just god

only fault i'd say is the immelman's exit looks a tad steep other than that hot
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2015

Thanks! And yeah, I agree about the immelmann's exit. And I think that's causing the kink I mentioned (I don't know why I said it was on the dive loop)
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015

Mack1000

Here is the second layout I promised the other day (My personal favorite):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSqe1VDM9CY

And the first one again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgKNak0WsoM

Help us decide which one will be made again (but well made this time :). And some more things:

As many of you have already noticed, Mack/Intamin NL one has an inaccurate tie spacing. This can be fixed easily by using Gerstlauer Euro-Fighter track (you won't have Mack launch fins though, but the track looks way better):

Track11000

Using Gerstlauer track.

Track21000

Using Mack/Intamin track.

As you can see there is a big difference. Only problem is Gerstlauer track doesn't have the four tube option. And even more things:

Artworks for the Euro-Fighter I posted the other day:

IMG 20150125 110605

Station Plans (meant to be realistic, so only the parts visible from the paths will be themed.

IMG 20150125 105403

Dark ride section 1

IMG 20150125 110114

Dark ride section 2

And now concepts for another eurofighter. This is the important one. The previous was just for getting a quick start in Gerstlauer shaping (but I got carried away and I plan to release the ride with theming and everything):

IMG 20150125 105248

Gerstlauer meets Cannibal.

IMG 20150125 110210

Train desing

Hope you like it. Please, help us choose which layout will be redone and comment!
    I like the second version better. Also that Eurofighter looks super awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

Please make the launches straight!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^ The entire track will be redone. Those are just sketches. And of course the launches will be straight!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778

Those concepts look amazing dapalm. The theme for this seems very interesting at first glance and can't wait to see how it develops. Loving the look of the second version too!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015 edited

I'm really excited about how those plans will look like once they're fully fleshed out. However, it seems Mack has a higher tie spacing than Intamin (about two ties per car, see here as opposed to 3-4 like here), so I'd rather go with the in-game track and the correct LSMs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Good idea mixing trains with Gerstlauer track. Although the Mack has weird ties (round and flattened out at the ends) so I still think the default track is better.

I really love your concept-arts otherwise!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Thank you guys!

@Baadrix @KingRCT3 I don't think neither the Mack or Gerstlauer NL2 tracks fits the real Mack one. It's right in the middle of both. But I prefer Gerstlauer track as it looks better. Anyway, since the ride was made in FVD I will export it to
    NL1 and made a custom track for it. Or maybe I'll use the light pattern creator, dependint of the texture possibilities.
    The gerstlauer track has the best tie spacing
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2015

A side project. This is a Intamin LSM launch coaster I've found in my hard drive. Track was made in one day, so don't expect it to be awesome. Also, it doesn't have enough clearance in one spot (just after the top hat), but I don't feel like redoing the layout.

Layout:

Layout

View1

View2

Stats:

Max speed: 110km/hora
    Max height: 48m
    Lenght: 1100m
    Max G force (positive/negative/lateral): +4,5G/-1,5G/1G
    2 Inversions (Immelmann, Zero G roll)
    6 Airtime moments
    1 Stengel Dive

PoV:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DBy2kqttqE
    • CommentAuthorMaverick78

Nefeskesen inspired coaster? Looks really good!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMar 26th 2015 edited

That's a very cool layout, and I love the sober presentation.

Though using Eurofighter track is clever, maybe you can ask Kyle nicely for his Intamin track..?
    Well I would have to model it so its not as simple as just asking for it lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

... so if he asks you to model it? :D
    Nah ok I get it. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Well, if Dustin offers to model it would be great, but I wanted to see what I can get with the construction kit. Thanks guys!
    • CommentAuthorlujach92
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015

Really a neat layout dapalm, are you planning on uploading this one, even if it's only a side-project?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Posted By: dapalmTrack was made in one day, so don't expect it to be awesome.
    The track really has some nice shaping going on. This is even more remarkable since you've been working on it for only one day. Supports also seem solid if you ask me (literally and figuratively that is). ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 27th 2015 edited

@Maverick78 yup, with some touches of ISpeed and Mega-Lites.
    @KingRCT3 thanks, I've always enjoyed this kind of presentations that real manufacturers usually do.
    @Lujach92 Thanks. Yeah, the plan is releasing it when finished.
    @Baadrix Let's hope they're solid lol. Thanks!

Well, some progress on the environment. I think NL2 terrain editor is underused, and it's a shame, because it can make great things, so I'll be experimenting with it on this ride. I've also chosen a name, Babieca (El Cid's horse), and there will be a medieval castle theming. Here is a bunch of pictures:

img src='http://s25.postimg.org/xl9eb9r0v/image.jpg' border='0' alt="7"

I'm uploading a new pov with this new changes. Will post it in a few minutes. Hope you like it

Image disabled for spam, duplicate in screen shot thread - staff
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Seems unnecessary to use the Gerstlauer track for an Intamin coaster, but to each their own.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Looks incredible. Your environments never cease to amaze.