Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2017

^ Exactly! Thanks guys!

I remade the ending part of the Prefab, as it was a bit shorter than the real ones. I might rework it again to bring it closer to the ground though. Anyway, click on the last picture for the PoV

•  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2017 edited

LSM

So, before the next update on this park (which will come later this week), I've got some hours to spend in FVD, so I started an Intamin (again) Multi Launch coaster... I wanted to make a more intense version of Cheetah Hunt, keeping the out and back layout as well as the "tree element" (though it isn't taken at low speed and this one plays around a mountain). Here is the section between the first launch and the MCBR:

•  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2017

Wow, very nice! I love the fluidness of it with the quick transitions thrown in every now and then. I don't think it should be much longer though since it could lose the clean feeling it has now layout-wise.
    I was thinking that your transitions were too snappy, but I rewatched a few times and honestly it looks very well done this far.

^I don't know, I know cheetah hunt is a pretty funky coaster in relation, but if this is a higher-thrill (but more traditionally designed blitz) take on it, it could be a bit longer yet.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2017 edited

@Xazzaphonic I think Maverick transitions are even snappier... I'd say mine stays in the limit. Thanks!

@Zampano Too late... It was always too late. Jokes aside, the last two launched Intamin's I made were pretty short, so I wanted to try a longer layout. At 2000m of track maybe it's a bit unrealistic (although the ride time is very similar to Cheetah Hunt). But anyway, I'm glad to anounce that Project Krakatoa is back!

You may remember that name from a B&M launched sitdown I posted a lot of time ago. Well, Blase Rhine took over that concept, but I still like the idea, so I've decided to continue it with this coaster. Here are some facts:

- 3 Launches (70, 115 and 120km/h)
    - Lenght: 2009m
    - Height: 59m
    - Beyond vertical drop
    - 2 Inversions

Layout:

Here it's in its environment:

POV:

PLEASE NOTE that supports and scenery are very wip
    I can see that you're a fan of Kumba colors ;)

In reality though, I really like this coaster. It's nice to see a true-to-form Blitz coaster that is unique and very well-paced. However, its a loooooooooong coaster. A little too long, but that's just my opinion. I had kinda hoped you would end it much sooner after the third launch (i.e. Mr Bassdirt's Curse of Fellfall woods) but it just kept going and felt very repetitive and similar to the section after the second launch.

Also, to get really nitpicky, the top hat shaping is pretty off. I know its hard to shape a top hat in FVD (you don't know how long it took to shape the top hat on Nighthawk, and I didn't end up 100% satisfied even then) but if you're going for a more modern look, yours needs to be quite a bit pointier. I know that's a bit late to say this because once you mess with the top hat the rest of the layout goes to crap, so whether you change it or not is up to you.

These are just minor criticisms, though, and I'm definitely looking forward to seeing how this project turns out.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2017

^ Well, both points are good... About the first one, the only other coaster with 3 launches has a longer ride time... If I remember correctly Cheetah hunt is about 1:40 from the beginning of the first launch to the start of the final brakes. Other similar coasters (two launches, one launch one lift...) range from 1:20 (Maverick) to 1:35 (Taron). Mine is 1:30-1:35, so I'd say it's fine. The only thing is the track lenght, which ia considerably longer, but it's also a lot faster than the ones mentioned.

About the Top Hat, I wasn't looking for a specific shaping. Definetly I didn't want it to look like the modern ones like ISpeed, but didn't care a lot about the shape. It could be tweaked to look more like Stealth's but it isn't in my list of priorities... I would rather giving it a faster transition (like Stormrunner's) tbh, but who knows... It wouldn't take a lot of time to tweak it and adjust the rest of the track (guess about an hour or something like that).

Thanks for the advice, it's really appreciated :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeMar 2nd 2017

Okay I gotta say you pulled off the additional track really well! While I agree that it could have ended a little bit sooner ater the 3rd launch, I certainly would enjoy that part in reality. The sequence and elements are great, I especially loved the maverick part after the mcbr. Speaking of the mcbr, it's a little sad to see so much leftover speed going to waste. It could have been placed a few meters higher or the second launchs speed could be a bit slower since the first part was very fast anyways. That's all just nitpicking though, you really came up with a great and very intamin layout. I especially loved the maverick-style overbank at 2:17.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2017

Not a lot happened this week, lot of work that didn't let me play NL2 :(, but I worked a bit on the entry and the volcano:

Fun fact: more than 500 rocks have been used to make the volcano, and there's still a 75% to do!
    ^Performance tip: Just don't.
    Its better to make it all in a 3d modeling software.

Other then that I like what you got so far. Keep it up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeMar 10th 2017

Man those rocks look great!

Joking aside, it does look really awesome so far. I'd be really impressed if it still ran well by the time you finish the whole mountain (the rocks are optimized but I've never stress tested them) What's your FPS at now?
    Looking really good. Surrounding land and paths look real - real.

random question: you didn't want to use modern spines and vary between round and box supports for any specific reason? That seems to be the trend they've going with now.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeMar 11th 2017

@ dapalm

Your rockwork really Rock's

Looks very good
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2017

Thanks guys! Performance doesn't worry me, it will be released as a video, as I don't want to lose any detail. But anyway, right now it's around 35/40fps when looking directly at the volcano (I removed the LoD's of the rocks, so that number could be way better).

@Xazzaphonic: this is supposed to be designed about 2007/2008, when Intamin only used thath kind of track. Also, I like it more :p

Quick recreation I made to give some park feeling to this project. It wasn't supposed to be a 100% recreation, but I'm still pretty happy with how it turned out. I used the rocket coaster train as it's more similar to the real thing than the Mega coaster one in NL2.

POV:

After supporting it (now there are only prefabs on the track) I will put it up to download, so people can use it in their own parks :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMar 13th 2017 edited

Very nice!

Since it isn't a recreation in your park (and parks can always order a custom model), I always dreamed about the last bunny hop to lead into a tunnel passing under the turn, instead of levelling out... I think it would be great as: it gives the ride a proper finale - and having three hills in a row with the last one droping further is a great surprise (some Gestlauer bobsleds do that trick).
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2017

^ That sounds like a cool idea! However, if I make a custom layout I would change more things that just the ending. Thanks :)

Remember that park that had an Intamin Wing Rider and a Prefab? Well, a new friend just joined (and I won't be able to call it Intamin's Park again :P). Funny thing about this B&M coaster is I dreamed the layout. It had Alpengeist's colors, but the layout is 90% straight from my dream.

So, this is an old school B&M Inverted called Uluma. It features 7 inversions and a lenght of 1100m (Will post more statistics later, I don't have access to the file right now). So, in Sri Lanka, Ulama (or the devil bird) is some kind of owl that is supposed to make terrifying human screams. It's kind like a banshee but in owl.

I'll leave you with some pictures:

Click on the last picture for the PoV

So it's taking longer than what I originally planned, but there will be more things. Now the general park layout is made, so only queues and scenery is left. Hope you like it :)

P.D: everyone, download NL2Advanced flat rides! They're awesome and fully customizable :)
    • CommentAuthorA113

did you apply a specular map or some sort of reflectivity to the cars?
    There is an option in the nl2 mat to add reflections and change the glossiness levels
    •  
      CommentAuthorTyrush

I like the looks of this! I've always loved your environments as well, it is one thing my designs lack
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2017 edited

God, she's pretty. I love the concept, color scheme, everything. I am SUCH a sucker for a good B&M.

I also love the moment when you realize what something is. You mentioned that you dreamt the layout before you made it, however when it's completed, there is that moment when you say to yourself, "Oh THAT is what that was supposed to be!" Happens to me all the time! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Really nice ride! The first drop gave me Katun flashbacks.

I don't really like the underneath of the coaster, tho. I think the mud is too much... muddy. It looks like an abandonned terrain after a heavy rain. I think such a park would put something nicer, or at least something a bit cleaner.

(Who remember that music from the announcement video of Maverick?)
    I love that layout, holy smokes it's a perfect embodiment of old-school B&M inverted coasters. My only criticism with the layout is that your prelift turn thing was very shallow and didn't feel super B&M-ish to me. But I loved the intentional "clunkiness" the layout had.

I do have one recommendation for you though... B&M does like to use different track spines at some points, where it looks to me like your entire coaster is set to the standard track spine size. In particular, this makes your loop look extremely flimsy and undersupported. I know at first it looks weird to use thicker spines, but if you start comparing them to real life coasters, you'll realize how much better it actually looks. I'd also suggest fitting some nice i-box style supports on the loop like all of the old inverts :)
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2017

Thanks a lot guys!

@KingRCT3... yeah, I agree... Don't worry, the finished terrain will be a lot different. And yeah, I'll never forget that video :)
    @JetstreamCoasters I can bring that first turn closer to the ground, it kinda looks weird to me since you mentioned it lol. About spine size... Did B&M really change spine thickness back in those days? I think the loop looks weird because it is wider than it should be. Another thing to fix!

I started working on how the park is going to look like (and I decided this will be the third iteration of Peak Point. Hope I can get it further this time :P). I've planned 5 phases:

- Entry and Mainstreet: you'll see some pictures today, when released it will have the incredible amount of 0 rollercoasters and 2 flat rides! But I want to have a very detailed entry area, including parking lots, roads and all kind of details.

- Sri Lanka themed area: the inverted coaster.

- Western themed area: Intamin Prefab.

- Rocky Mountains themed area: Intamin Wing Rider.

- Family area: Indoor wild mouse

So let's dive into the first area:

Camera001

Camera002

Here you can see the backlot buildings are pretty hidden from the main paths:

Camera003

Front

Isometric

Perspective

You can notice a lot of inspiration from Six Flags New England layout. To be honest, making a detailed park is an incredible difficult task, so you'll probably see inspiration from parks that has google streetview in the entire park. So, the numbers are:

- Blue: park services: tickets, entry, info, express passes, lockers and first aid. I'm npt sure if I'm missing any essential park service.

- Red: these are supposed to be shops and restaurants. I'd love to have some help here: I'm really horrible with names, so please, help me with names for shops, ice cram shops, restaurants, food, anything...

- Green: rides, carrousel and paratrooper.

Another thing I need help with is textures... I currently download my textures from CG textures, but I'd like to know if there are some better/larger free collections. My god, I really miss RCT3/Planet Coaster fantastic textured, recolorable pieces when making huge amounts of scenery.

So well, that's all for today. Not really a NL2 update, but I though it was worth sharing anyway. Thanks guys, suggestions and criticism (and help!) is appreciated :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTyrush
    • CommentTimeMar 30th 2017

Entrance reminds me a little of Six Flags New England. Love the way this is looking!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTime4 days ago

Work continues on Project Krakatoa... I'll start working on the custom queue, station and buildings soon, but I wanted to use as much ingame scenery as possible for the railings and things like that. Here's what I have so far:

Can't imagine this being comfortable backseat.

https://postimg.org/image/kkfc77zm3/
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTime4 days ago

^Why not? Looks just like Maverick's drop, and Maverick's isn't only comfortable in the back seat, it's also awesome as hell.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTime4 days ago

It has an extra car, but it's also taken at low speed (unlike Maverick's, which I guess the train is going at around 20 km/h when the drop starts. This one starts at 5km/h
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTime4 days ago edited

Can you make the carousel work and be rideable? I really need a scripted carousel for my Japanese park. The only scripted one I know of is the Lego one in "The Cube" park.
    whats going on with the double flanged support connectors?