Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2017 edited

^The only critique I have is regarding the S turn at the end. I feel that a corkscrew similarly to Monster's would not only fit better, but would ride much better as well from the looks of it. I can't really get a good idea of the dimensions/scaling of that segment so I can't totally be sure. Also given that an S-turn is just kinda something I never really see on a infinity, a corkscrew would could probably fit better. That aside the end of the first airtime hill seems like it could use some work, it looks pretty "straight" compared to the entry of it but I can't tell from the angle. I like the rest.

EDIT: 2nd picture posted, the airtime hill looks different than I thought but my critiques on the S turn remain the same.
    The corkscrew idea is pretty good, however the area is a bit too stretched out for a decent corkscrew. Junker does have an s hill however, so its not that implausible

https://gyazo.com/21b51f0b45d8f147e3fe113826bef6a0

And the reason the first airtime hill looks straight from that angle is because its turning to the right

https://gyazo.com/5ca0015db02a48a985b783461aa6e5ea
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2017

More things to come...
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2017

That is everything I'll ever need in my life
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2017

Spinning ?

Looks good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

No, the greatest thing to ever be done on a coaster: swinging...
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^^No, It's swinging from side to side.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2017 edited

The cars look cool.
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2017 edited

I felt like adding some lights could be nice.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Scourge is that you
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

the ghost of the joke

it still remains
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2017 edited

Just had an idea for a very little dirty detail script, do you think that would be useful? Object has just to be placed and that's it:
    Anti Rollback device.

Details: The script places two triggers close to the coaster and activates the lashed to track function of the train when the speed drops below 0 between the triggers. Edit: looks even more realistic when the lashing threshold is slightly negative, this means the train rolls back a few cm befor it stops (not visible in video) ;-)
    https://gyazo.com/e136d5d1d3eb7665268baef3608d4f17
    ^ That's so stunning! Mygoooooood!
    Family dueling boomerang, inspired by the coaster(s) coming to WildLands Adventure Zoo next year.

• CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017 edited

I made my own version after an idea from The Beatles, but my version has Vekoma Flying Dutchman.

Download on NLE : http://www.nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/flying-launch/10645
    ^^ The amount of stairs on the exit platform looks very confusing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I agree, the two central stairs are more cluttering the station than helping.

^^ Very ominous! A launch flyer I assume?

-

I made yet another varient of my 90+° twisted drop. This is also the first time I fiddle around with the "new" objects. I like the diversity (although we are missing flowers from n7), but the lack of copy and paste makes thing tedious and easily frustrating.

Long time I haven't played with supports as well. I wish we could transform beam nodes into free nodes, because there if I want to remplace a single support, I'd have to redo half of the structure.
    Click image below for the Left POV:

Right POV:

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017

Very interesting layouts for the space that has been used with cool looking scenery!
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

I've released my drifting coaster.

Steam package
    | DropBox Package

This is more a demo for the scripts than a real (bad) recreation.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^
    That's not right...
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

How did you manage to do this o_O
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^I did nothing?
    I loaded the map (I sit in the blue car if that's important), rode it once and when I arrived at the station, it rotated to 90° as shown.
    It's the Steam version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik

It's not just the blue one - all of them do it to some degree
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Ah, the physics are FPS-dependant, and it seems like the car hit the stop trigger a bit too early...
    I'll see what causes that more in depth to find a fix.

Oh... What are you FPS ?
    Shameless Karnan Ripoff:

(Station is WIP, obvs - I need theme ideas otherwise I am literally just ripping-off Karnan)
    • CommentAuthorDelay

^^That makes sense. I got terrible FPS in the sim since 2.5.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik

3^: The simulation was running at mid-to-low 20s framerates, if memory serves.
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

TheDarkStar that looks absolutely incredible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Ah, this is normal. Between 0 and 30fps, it's not working as expected. I'll still be working on that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

DarkStar, you always impress me with amazing layout and a top-notch support-work!

As for the theme, why not about a medieval tower in Sweden? Hehehe.
    Nah, I have no idea right now. Why not ripping off Mystery Castle?
    DarkStar can we see a pov it looks stunning :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Nice custom cars, it looks and feels realistic. I was able to reproduce that bug for example by limiting NL2 to 10 fps and using factor 4 simulation speed. On some of my flatrides I let the script perform the important physics calculations multiple times in onNextFrame with smaller ticks when the frame tick got too long to work around problems caused by to much inaccuracy. I guess in your case you could add a correcting weight for the friction for example when the tick becomes too long to work around that issue.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik

@DarkStar - here's a theming idea:

1980's Soviet Russia - you are an urban explorer looking around an abandoned fortress built centuries ago but left to decay as it was seen as a sign of decadence. However, the site is still guarded by the KGB, who will arrest you if they catch you - would that work...?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2017

Testing the drifting cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFNroJAhbJs

I guess the ride is a bit wild?
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2017 edited

I though I fixed it, seems like it's going to be harder than expected. I'll post an updated version of the package as soon as possible, with the FPS problem fixed and this bug (I hope..).
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

@ TOGO Fan :

Im totaly disoriënted ........
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

That was yesterday before you updated the custom cars.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

Posted By: construction2018fan^^ The amount of stairs on the exit platform looks very confusing.

Thats only for emergency / evac.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Posted By: YedrimasI'll post an updated version of the package as soon as possible, with the FPS problem fixed and this bug (I hope..).

That's ok, take your time. I don't want the quality of it to drop because you are in a hurry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Thank you Yedrimas, those are awesome!

I tried it on a layout I had made before for the swinging cars. Well well well, nothing really works as intended haha, except those outside banked hills (<3):

• CommentAuthorDelay

I don't think these trains are made for banking (since they bank themselves). Look at pictures from the "original". None of the turns are banked.
    Yeah tell that to The Bat which was unbanked and only open 2 years.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ Exactly...

The truth is that Reverchon is only capable of producing 2D layouts because they don't have the machinery and skill to do more advanced stuffs (and they don't want to... then they wonder why the model isn't sold... The 90's called, they want their coaster back).
    So I guess they didn't bothered to make the car able to navigate through 3D curves, but heck, this is NoLimits, haha. My version would also be a train and won't have the b-awkward seats.

Working in "2D" only isn't fun... I came up with this element - which is stricly 2D, both from the manufacturing process or the navigation of a vehicle.

• CommentAuthorDelay

^Sorry, I didn't know that.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

That's actually hilarious. That's like... the one new element that a Reverchon train could possibly navigate, and they're like "nah."

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

^^^ that looks good with the restrictions in mind. Actually I think they build some cool flat rides and also their spinning coaster can be fun but really strange to hear that.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2017

Test 2 with drifting cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-kHQmOdn1E&feature=youtu.be
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeJun 8th 2017 edited

Finally, fixed this horrible bug. (At least most of it -> Still has some weird behavior sometimes...)

Drifting cars - New physics

Gona update the package soon.

EDIT : I found a fix ! And I missed it for like, few days. Shoots himself