Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

https://gyazo.com/36574ad491c20cd7c0d87138b6f3592e

I had an in-complete intamin top hat from a collaboration I was doing, decided to redo it all from the ground up with some stealth plan's as a reference. Might turn this into a full coaster at some point

https://gyazo.com/3ae8acb0880397681e0cbbfa59c04bbd

https://gyazo.com/f5647c6b04f05685443d639dbfa1f708
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2017

Nothing turns me on more than solid Intamin shaping.. Keep it up dude, would love to see a full coaster from this. Like Excelerator if it had a good post tophat layout.
    Click to watch video!

Made a lil Maurer Launch, and Tim...its gorgeous

Locker rooms/Restrooms
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeOct 22nd 2017

Blue Falcon Full Video!
    You need to work on the pre-lift. No Dive I know of has sharp-ish transitions into and out of that area.
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r

Looks fine to me. Looks like Valravn's prelift. Right down to the tiny straight segment in the middle of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

That looks correct, as awkward as it may seem to be
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

They al have it, but Valravn has it more visible
    Holy heck that 3.5 min tracking shot at the start was really satisfying. That must have taken forever to perfect.
    Video for my new ride Mistral
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2017

!!! WARNING !!! head phone users !!! LOUD MUSIC !!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 24th 2017

^^ Looks very good. Love the lay-out, I can see a lot of inspiration from rides as Shambala, Fury and that chinese hyper. Love it.
    Holy shit that is one sexy hyper right there!
    ^&^^ Thank you!
    •  
      CommentAuthortpainrad
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2017

Posted By: nolimitersBlue FalconFull Video!

It looks great man! That camera shot was really well done.

One suggestion, Id probably put your stats text (height, speed, etc) in a bottom corner. It's distracting from your awesome camera work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorraptoralex
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2017

This is too much. I should not have attempted to do this.
    •  
      CommentAuthor6FlagsManiac
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2017 edited

@raptoralex - Love that so much! Can we get some more layout pics? :0
    ^^oWo what's this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 26th 2017

^^^ Last roundup square supports beneed the ride, triangle now? Roundup 300 will give us monorail?
    Here is a full on-ride POV of Mistral , also with a Download link
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeOct 27th 2017

^^ I can confirm, more supports = lower score so you're on the right track (actually tho looks great)
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

^want some pepper with that?
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Not enough salt in the sea....gahtdamn...
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

As long as Tim makes an interesting video he should be fine, quality of the supports isn't really what the roundups are about anyways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorraptoralex
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2017

I finished it! It's Cyclone Racer at Long Beach Pike. My girlfriend has a book about Harry Traver that includes an overhead layout of the coaster, so I decided to build it. It was tough. I'm not good at NoLimits, but it was a lot of fun.

Watch a video.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2017

Such a gorgeous coaster, really hope it can be rebuilt eventually.
    A pair of 'WIP' dueling Gerstlauer Bobsled Coasters
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2017

Posted By: nolimitersBlue FalconFull Video!

Late to the party, but this is great!

How did you coordinate that epic tracking shot? Must have been quite a challenge to pull off so well.
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo
    • CommentTimeOct 30th 2017 edited

100% FVD++ :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2017

Beautiful layout.
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo
    • CommentTimeOct 31st 2017

Thx ^^
    • CommentAuthorroro
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2017

I decided to take a short break from my main project to find an older coaster and clean it up a bit. Click the pic for the video.

^ The shaping on that feels perfect. Very unique coaster type, too. Good job :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 5th 2017

^^ I love the lay-out! Some very nice turns,small footprint. The last roll is just great to watch, the right speed. Theming is minimal but on point. It looks like you can put it in many parks tomorrow. Great job!
    • CommentAuthorEmonadeo
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2017

Oh boy. That structure around the lift and the loop looks crazy!
    ^^I'm confused (especially by the wood supports) but very intrigued.
    ^They just don't have horizontal bents yet. And they're extremely close but that's TVDS for you
    ^ Yeah I'm removing some (a lot) at the part after the first drop.
    I'm really just confused about the diagonal wood supports stretching so far. I would expect them to be more compacted vertically to fit in between each horizontal bent that would be there.
    Is it having a wooden track or are you going to use a metal track?

Purely because if it’s wooden, then it needs to have catwalks for daily inspections.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2017

I think that it's a good point, but we over-scrutinize about realism whenever there wasn't an intention to be realistic (assuming that's the idea here). But I will agree it still looks a bit strange visually!
    I wouldn’t say it’s over-scrutinised to be honest, every wooden coaster in the world has the catwalks because the layers of wood that form the track need daily inspection. RMC’s don’t have this because their steel track negates the need for daily inspection.

I mean if you’re going for realistic handmade supports, the whole “doesn’t have to be realistic” kind of goes out the window doesn’t it? Might as well just use the auto supports if you’re not going for realistic ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2017 edited

Two thoughts:

1) I think the "over-scrutinizing" is a sign that the coaster has few obvious flaws. When we get nitpicky, it's usually because the shaping and general construction already look great. In the absence of obvious flaws, we seek out the tiny things that we think need that last bit of polish, and also, we assume given what we've seen that the guy doing the work is capable of it (because, again, what we're looking at is already great). It can seem probably overly critical at times, but ultimately it's way better criticism to receive (and determine what to do with) than when we look at a ride and go "eh. I don't know where to start, because the shaping is so wrong that I don't know how to explain it other than to suggest you go watch some POVs."

That said:

2) Given the shaping and presumed Gs on the ride, my brain automatically assumes some sort of hybrid, RMC-esque track system (even though TVDS is not aiming for RMC style). And even the most wooden of the RMCs, that is, the ground-up topper track rides (steel box on a laminate wooden base stack), don't have catwalks. IF you wanted to add a smidge of extra realism, I'd suggest a track retexture to make it look like a hybrid rather than catwalking the whole ride. But, as presented, I don't miss the catwalks, because the most spiritually similar real world rides also don't have catwalks.

•  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTimeNov 10th 2017

I guess I ought to share this at some point, I uploaded a WIP POV of my recreation of Secret Weapon 8 (rumoured to be called 'Wickerman') at Alton Towers. Not perfected yet but gives a very good idea of the layout, height changes and speeds.

Secret Weapon 8 WIP POV
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Soz Alton.... I just don't see how this is gonna work...

Perhaps Alton Towers should spend its money buying out the neighborhoods around so that they can have a coaster that can go higher than 50 ft. :)