Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2017

^ Or they could've used all of the Flume's old site for SW8... not really sure why they didn't.
    Cross valley RMC please
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Posted By: nSevenSoz Alton.... I just don't see how this is gonna work...

Perhaps Alton Towers should spend its money buying out the neighborhoods around so that they can have a coaster that can go higher than 50 ft. :)

Do they have restrictions on how deep they can dig? Maybe they should build down instead of up..
    ^ If they are not restricted by planning then they are restricted by money
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

I.e. Smiler and Oblivion
    Posted By: Inkyz^ Or they could've used all of the Flume's old site for SW8... not really sure why they didn't.

They are letting the trees in the Flume's forest section grow back.
    ^^Are you saying they were restricted by money with those rides?
    •  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r

Should have known it was a mistake sharing that POV here...
    Posted By: CoolioJoe100^^Are you saying they were restricted by money with those rides?

even though merlin has a lot of money, projects still only get a limited budget. Im pretty sure if they had the project money they would go insane with their design if they could
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

I actually made a coaster in NL2 for once.

hold up

projektion made a coaster

o.o

~~~~

That does not look half bad. Getting huge Gatekeeper vibes off of it, and I love how it runs parallel (for at least some distance) along a body of water.

This pleases me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2017

Posted By: DanSm1l3rShould have known it was a mistake sharing that POV here...

Why, it's a very cool recreation, thanks for your hard work!

As for the real ride, well it might not be on par with the previous SW, but I think it can be really fun to ride. GCI and interactions is a pure win.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2017

I'm still waiting for it to come together a little more. TBH it seems... slow in the POV. Which makes me thinks that there will either be a bunch of effects/scenery interactions, or it'll run a bit faster than the current recreation, or both. Cool POV though, definitely looking forward to watching it and the real ride continue to progress.

Looks like this bad boy might be making a comeback B)

•  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar
    • CommentTime3 days ago edited

•  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTime3 days ago

^Yooo. That is a friggen great ride & video. Obvious inspiration is obvious, but, pacing and intensity, awesome surroundings, execution, layout, all top marks. Love the brake run threading the already interlocked flatspins. Nicely done.

•  
      CommentAuthorDanSm1l3r
    • CommentTime3 days ago

You're welcome for the profiling on some of those elements ;-)
    • CommentAuthorBigbad
    • CommentTime3 days ago

Those interlocking corkscrews are some of the cooler NL elements. Good coaster overall, too!

Coming very soon, for real this time.

Cypher III was my favorite NL1 coaster, so safe to say I'm hyped about this.

Wonder if I'll complete this before Rounnd Up 200...

•  
      CommentAuthorTheDarkStar
    • CommentTime2 days ago edited

Next big project:

WIP
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Are you kidding me, I was literally about to post pretty much the same thing except mine is a flyer and a Sit-Down

Oh well! Haha.
    ^Post it anyway! That sounds cool!
    HELL yeah DarkStar, that looks amazing.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC

TheDarkStar, that looks damm saxy.
    That is awesome, but just to keep in mind,I think realistically the supports for that loop would have to be able to withstand double the force a loop normally would, in the case that the trains are not perfectly synced up and one ends up exiting the loop while the other is entering. This means that all that force is acting on the same side of the loop.
    Hey look I did a thing:

https://gyazo.com/91ac23b97ed6d93edaf9d64ea613d2f6

Click for POV

Let's see how this goes over with the community lmao
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9
    • CommentTime1 day ago

The loop threw me for a loop, literally. I loved it and then mentally went, "What?!" after the airtime hill.
    Love it!
    *insert unnecessary outrage about a loop not belonging on a giga*

(No but srs I like it, especially that inclined immelmann thing at the end.)
    I legit love all of it apart from the loop lol, purely because it breaks the flow imo
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime20 hours ago edited

The "What did MACK RIDES just do in Nolimits 2.5.0.0" Thread.

Is that you Lenny? :D

From this awesome video that I'm going to re-watch frame-by-frame for sure.
    Oh that's Lenny alright, he's designing with circles
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime18 hours ago edited

NoLimits on the left, Blender on the right:

I made a lil interaction, idk where to go tho, should I add like a woodie?

• CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTime15 hours ago

Posted By: KingRCT3Is that you Lenny?
    Lenny works for Mack?
    And I'm posting this from the Mission Control Center in germany.

No, really though: I don't know if he does, but it would be fantastic.

Can I squeeze this in for r200?

maybe.
    Oh dear... B&M 4d? xD
    Posted By: Delay
    Lenny works for Mack?

Yep, he does. DC Rivals is his creation
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTime15 hours ago

^Oh, nice!
    https://gyazo.com/661c0a3ae3315b5f01354966c0cdc1dd

Working on a fallout inspired floorless coaster... Trying to go with that radioactive like forest theme. What do yall think?

*Some models are from when I worked on Scourge a while back and are being optimized and re-textured for this side project if you were wondering.
    Damn, that looks awesome. Great job capturing the environment you're going after, it's clear you spent some time on it
    •  
      CommentAuthortpainrad
    • CommentTime9 hours ago edited

Posted By: CoasterMac305
    Posted By: Delay
    Lenny works for Mack?

Yep, he does. DC Rivals is his creation

Sorry, Im a bit of a 'noob', but if Im understanding correctly, real coaster designers browse here or submit content? And that real life rides have been designed and built from NL2? That'd be bad ass. I always wondered if this community or the creations that are shared inspire any real life designs.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBrett-Jones
    • CommentTime1 hour ago edited

^ yeah theres a fair few, sadly im not one of them :P yet... nah never.

i have seen a few of our designs used in chinese knockoff company designs, im not sure if any of these got built, i do also believe there are some projects that can influence some designs in small ways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime16 minutes ago

Yes, some people in the industry do browse, and sometimes post on the forums (here or elsewhere). Because most of them are also enthusiasts, you know. :)
    They can submit content, althought never something they are working on for a real life project.

Real rides are not really designed from NL2 - it requires more powerful tools than that - but NoLimits is widely used for visualisation and marketing purposes. They have tools to import datas from their designing softwares to NoLimits, kinda like what we do with FVD++.

Posted By: Brett-Jonesi have seen a few of our designs used in chinese knockoff company designs, im not sure if any of these got built

Oh yeah I remember that, haha! But that's because they're lazy and wanted a picture on their website. If they really wanted to build it, they would have to redesign the whole thing again. Granted they would have ripped off the community's design.

Posted By: Brett-Jonesi do also believe there are some projects that can influence some designs in small ways.

Definitely. As long as one person sees one's work, it triggers inspiration in a way or another.