Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

WOW.

I bought Vegas Movie Studio 14 the other day, and now I'm excited to be able to make high quality videos! Didn't focus much on camerawork here, this is a simple POV with a creative commons track added. If anyone is familiar with the program, I stretched the audio to make it a little faster and end on time with the video, and in the video editor it matches up perfectly. But when I render the video it ends super early? Any idea what settings I might need to change? I have a lot to learn here.

Runaway Train

•  
      CommentAuthorMrBassdirt
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2017 edited

Posted By: KingRCT3Real rides are not really designed from NL2 - it requires more powerful tools than that - but NoLimits is widely used for visualisation and marketing purposes.

Sorry to bump but just wanted to add... Every company does it differently, but I can confirm that having worked for Premier, NL2 is used professionally when bidding on projects. Other programs are also used by other manufacturers but NL2 is often acceptable. Once the project is won, then the ride is either refined in-house or simply sent to Stengel to work their magic on. There is a ride that (I believe) is going to be built by Premier that I helped design in NL2.

NL2 is far more powerful than I think many of us realize.

Edit: Also want to note I'm talking about track layout design, not the actual structural design of the ride, which is most certainly not done in NL2 haha.
    So they send an nl2 track directly to Stengel??? i assume the track is imported from fvd style software right, or is it actually handbuilt?
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2017 edited

^^I talked to a lot of companies at IAAPA this year and almost all of them use NL2, the only ones i'm not sure about are B&M and M&V (RMC doesn't really either). Every other company had used nl2 at some point in the design/presentation of rides.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 30th 2017

Posted By: MrBassdirtOnce the project is won, then the ride is either refined in-house or simply sent to Stengel to work their magic on.

Yeah, that was my point. NL2 is kinda like the coat hanger of the 21st century -being more powerful and versatile that is- used for previzualisation and brainstorming ideas.

But that's awesome how widely used it is! To think it started as a fan project many moons ago...
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2017

^^^^ Still amazes us to this day.

^^ Can confirm RMC does.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2017 edited

Remember these from RCT?

I was curious as to what they look like in a fully 3D- environment.
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2017

Quite good - keep developing them!
    I remember them being a bit smaller, but this is still fun!
    Missed the RU200 deadline but here is the video. This was my first attempt at filming and editing my own coaster I plan to practice more and more for RU250. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEVIwZq0nQw
    ^^^^ Gosh, you've brought back memories! That was in RCT1, wasn't it?
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2017 edited

^Yes! Agoraphobia and Claustrophobia from the original RCT. I love these two rides, I remember being obsessed with them and spending hours in RCT2 at recreations.
    Good old times...

Also, I got the reason for their names just a few days ago. Claustrophobia (the fear of small rooms/being enclosed in such rooms) has lots of small tunnels, while Agoraphobia (the fear of unsafe environments, really) spends a lot of time over water, only held up by supports. And both are hard to escape!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2017

^Watched it a few times now. To start, the support work is awsome, there is so much detail, I love how you did that. The main reason why I watched a few times is the long right turn with several hills after the loop. I didn't like it at first, but it grw on me. The turn over the station is about the only thing I would have liked different, the banking stays just a bit to much, but I can see why you did it. Overal a great ride, unique and one of the best woodies I've seen in a long time!
    ^^ best layout ive seen in a while! not a fan of the loop supports the structure doesnt need all the supports coming of it the thick spine like support would do fine similar to the older swartskopf stuff. however the rest is just perfection, i want this to be real! is there offride vids?
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2017

Posted By: DelayRemember these from RCT?

I was curious as to what they look like in a fully 3D- environment.

Not long after i got NL2, i attempted to re-create a ride from RCT2. I probably should've opted for a smaller, simpler ride to start off with, but i settled on Lunar Launcher, if i remember the name correctly.
    This one..
    RCT2 ride

I made the station, the launch and the loop, and retired it soon after that, as i couldn't get it to clear the loop without pulling too many G's. And i didn't want to make the loop bigger cause i wanted to try and keep everything faithful to the RCT2 version.
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2017

^I also tried recreating Lunar Launcher in NL2. I got the interlocked loops to work, but at the sidewinder (to the left of the big loop), I realized that the coaster already ran out of steam.
    • CommentAuthorRCW
    • CommentTime5 days ago

https://gyazo.com/3a586d236e7d811605a12a3bd0c13302

I started a new project a few weeks back and just got around to support work. More to come.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCG Coasters
    • CommentTime5 days ago edited

I just started a project too!
    https://gyazo.com/b968c3d505b33d83eea804ab74b6a314

My latest project I hope to finish soon, the name is Traveler. (I only need the station, queue and exit)
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTime4 days ago edited

Finally supporting on this thing is done. That was a lot of work...

I'm looking for somebody who could help with the lighting!
    ^Wow fantastic work on that. looks like 7 inversions packed in there
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTime3 days ago

^ Thanks! Yes, there are indeed 7 inversions on that one. I tried keeping Olympia Loopings overall layout while still adding some creative elements.
    ^ What are the Gs like?
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTime2 days ago

^ 5G max. The first section before the mini-lift is the most intense.
    Does is really need the mini lift?
    • CommentAuthorrct800
    • CommentTime1 day ago

^ It does need it. With nearly 90 seconds of ride time, it is pretty long and I also wanted to fit 4 more inversions in the second part.
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTime1 day ago

This:

I also made my first attempts at texturing the trains, since in RCT 1 the trains are colored differently. Turns out: The trains can't be fully textured, so it looks a bit ugly.
    I'll still try to make the arrow on the front of the trains, though.
    Really wish that NL 2 would have the flat varient of the front (like Nessie at Hansa park) instead of the bumpy one; it would make things a lot easier!
    • CommentAuthorWomp83
    • CommentTime11 hours ago

Look, Womp's making something that's not custom scenery. Aaaaand it's a wing coaster.

wing1
    Looks fairly standard so far

wing2
    Hang on a minute, what's this?

Ahhhh, it's a vertical lift.
    wing3

Still not too sure where to take this yet, but i have an idea. If/when i make more progress on it, i'll post about it in my thread.