Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2014 edited

I've been working on a fair few coasters now, and I kind of thought it was time I made a project thread.

The first ride I will be showing is Zeus, A Fury325 inspired B&M Giga coaster I have been working on lately.

--------------------------------------

The layout for this ride is actually finished, I wasn't planning on adding scenery to this but when I started adding the detailing (sensors, stations stuff, etc) I kind of got inspiration to go further with this, especially since I've really grown to like this ride.
    A slightly outdated POV of the ride can be seen here

The 320ft lift hill towering over the surrounding tree line

An element I've affectionately dubbed the "Dive Hammerhead". It starts off the same as the hammerhead of Fury325, but instead of turning away like on Fury325, it loops around underneath, more akin to a dive loop

Some low to the ground turns

The overbank turnaround thing. I originally wanted to put a regular hammerhead here similar to the one on Leviathan, but because of the dive hammerhead above, I decided not to otherwise It would have felt off due to the really similar flow of the elements really close to each other

The first proper airtime hill of the ride

some extremely ground hugging turns leading into the helix.

The final airtime hills leading in to the brake run

On the ride, I've recently been adding some more details to it, here are some close ups:

The sensors on the pre lift friction wheels

The station mechanisms

And as a way to close off this first updates, the first bit of proper scenery, one of those logo fountain things, similar to Gatekeeper, Banshee, etc.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlxpxw
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2014

I can't stop watching the video of it on YouTube, in my opinion it has one of the best and smoothest layouts I've ever seen created on NL2, and to hear that you're adding 3DS is really awesome. I can't wait to see the end product.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I really hope you make a park with this Poseidon and Hades.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

It will probably be released with Poseidon and Kratos, maybe not Hades since I never really liked how that ride came out, but we'll see.

I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a good looking station. I'm wanting to give it a parthenon looking station but every type of station I try thinking up just comes across as being too bare. I'm almost tempted to give it a generic Cedar fair styled station if I can't come up with anything.

Also, here are the little details on Zeus for anyone looking to use them for your own rides. Clicky

I also added in a standard On ride photo system, based on the ones by Picsolve.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Everything about this ride looks phenomenal!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I feel like you should not using the launch tires for the pre-lift segment, but the regular ones instead. Everything else is wonderful, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

I made the change. While the transport ones do look a lot better, I usually prefer to have the launch ones just because they can be much closer together compared to the transport ones.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I looked at Leviathan, and actually, they are in pair as well.

Clever use of an invisible coaster by the way. ;) (disable the anti roll-back in the curve, tho. Unless it makes too much "chain U-turns" in the way)
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2014

Nice layout on that Giga, and those little add-ons are amazing. I have to try them out. Thanks for releasing them BTW.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2015 edited

I really need to learn to stop constantly posting in the "What I've done in NL2" thread.

-------

Bandit (name pending)

An rmc coaster I've been working on for the past couple of weeks now. It is the world's first 200+ ft wooden coaster since SoB featuring a 210ft tall lift and a 215ft drop. The ride has 4 inversions (a 217º stall, a Cuban Eight element and a heartline roll).

I'm pretty happy with the layout at the moment and have moved on to doing the support work

An overview of the layout

The twisty pre lift section

The 210ft tall lift hill.

The double up into the 217º stall

The "Far end" part of the ride, showing off an outward banked airtime hill, and overbank and a wave turn

The Cuban Eight element. The immelmanns are more akin to kind on B&M's more so than rmc, I didn't realise this at the time but I think it worked out for the better in the end, giving a kind of "shifty eye" look to the element

The twisting double down out of the mcbr

More airtime and overbanks

The final overbank and heartline roll into the brakes
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2015

That layout looks very creative. I would love for you to add custom trains to this as well as crossties.

I don't really like the red color as pretty much every RMC made has red rails. I think brown rails would look nice.
    Really cool layout I think a dark red rails would look nice ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2015 edited

I really like the layout as well as the execution so far. If you want to push the realism a bit farther, I would add C beams that sandwich the wood as opposed to just I beams. See below:

•  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Idk maybe I'm just a cynic but I don't like how spread out and meandering the layout is, it looks weird.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I kinda like it, reminds me of a mix between Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler. If you put a nice dense forest around it like Outlaw Run, it could look really nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2016

*Rumaging around*

"Oh hey, what's this?"

*Blows off the dust*

"Huh, I completely forgot I had this"

-----
    I've been posting about this project in the WDYJD thread for a quite some time now, and I may as well move it to it's own thread now.

I originally got the idea to do this after experimenting with lighting in NL2 for the first time about 1.5 years or so ago now, and after playing around with scripting I saw that it could be done. I'd been putting it off for a long time until about 2-3 months ago when I fell a bit ill and thought to myself "If I'm going to be stuck in bed for the next few days, I may as well start work on some sort of big project", and that's when it all begun.

The band I chose to do this to was Rammstein, my all time favourite band as well as the first band I ever saw live. Their shows typically feature very elaborate lighting set ups (not just big wash lights, but also lights flashing in time to the music) and pyro, so I thought they'd be the best show to try and replicate. I chose the song "Links, 2, 3, 4" since it's lighting set up is generally a lot more simple than some songs (lighting rigs rarely move) but also not too simple (lights just staying on and not much happening).

After scouring the internet for a bit, I managed to come across articles including lists of all the lighting fixtures and speakers that the band use, up close shots of various parts of the stage and lighting rigs and even schematics for the stage. it's at the point where I'm trying to replicate the real thing as best as I can.

On to some pictures of my current progress

Shot of the point of the show where the most amount of lights are active (970, in case you want to know)

Shot of the stage with most of the lights off so you can see some more details (Probably the best shot I can find for comparison)

One more shot of the night time shot of how it looks in the editor, where all the lights are on by default and cannot be turned off. Average about 0.25fps

Most up to date video of the show

As of right now, all that needs to be done is that the script needs a little bit more touched up to get some of the fade outs right on some of the lights, and I need to do quite a bit of modelling to get the stage and lighting fixtures right.
    Awsome work, I admire your patience !!
    • CommentAuthornannerdw
    • CommentTimeApr 8th 2016

That is incredible. I don't know how you manage to do any work at .25 fps. lol
    Well thats just awesome. I can definitely see a step forward towards better dark ride lighting and general park lighting from this. Great work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorInstant Mix
    • CommentTimeApr 15th 2016 edited

Projektion.

That is absolutely incredible.

I mean honestly that's incredible, I work as a stage technician and that's so amazing, I've tries recreating Rammsteins' stage before, I absolutely adore their set and lighting design. How on earth did you get a hold of their stage specs?

On a very serious note, you've got this fae using NL2. I would 100% ask you to download some serious lighting software. If you can code the lights, you can certainly use a lighting desk. I would recommend grandMA2 onPc & MA3d. ( the former visualises the output of MA2 onPC). Watch a few video tutorials, but I honestly see a very, very good lighting designer inside you.

grandMA2 is the desk that the real rammstein show was programmed on, so you can get exactly the same out of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2016 edited

^Thanks. I've actually looked at those programs as I've wanted to have a play around with some sort of lighting design program for a while now, but have never really put down the time to really learn them. I stuck with NL2 and scripting since it's something I'm pretty use to at this point. I'll probably have another look at them and maybe set it as my goal next winter to see if I can get any good at it.

As for the schematics, just a lot of googling. That's not even the thing I'm most proud about finding, it's actually finding a pretty good picture of the backdrop the band uses that made me the most excited while working on this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeApr 16th 2016

This is nice.
    are the next step the pyro effects?
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2016 edited

^I've got a basic version of the pyro blast at the start of the song already set up (can be seen in the video posted above), I just really need to turn up the intensity of the flash as the explosions go off compared to how it is in the video.

Little bit of a small update, I've started work trying to get the massive cell backdrop the band uses modelled and ready for the next song I'm doing after this one.

In sketchup:

In NL2 with it lit up at night (more or less how it will actually appear:

The IRL equivelant
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen
    • CommentTimeApr 17th 2016

^
    Ah!
    Feuer Frei is the next one :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeApr 18th 2016

^No, next one is a tab bit more elaborate

Also, another small update on the backdrop:

I love how this has turned out.
    Proketion, I honestly would love trying to teach you how to use the software. It does seem daunting at first but when you realise what takes you several lines of code and trial and error can be done in about 5 mouse clicks, you'll probably switch entirely! It's very easy, it's just figuring out how to do some initial things may be confusing.

If you are actually quite keen give us a private message and we can organise something!