Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2014 edited

I've started building a new coaster. Its a intamin invert like tornado at sarkanneimi. If you have any tips on shaping it would be appreciated.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlxpxw
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2014

We need to see some pictures first.
    Use barrel rolls and vertical loops. Also look at all of the inyamin inverts as reference, especially the one in mexico. I will make you a custom track if you want because it pains me to see people using default intamin track.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2014

^ You mean the one in Spain, don't you? (Tornado at Parque de Atracciones de Madrid). Also, that Intamin track offer could be used by other people? I have a Blitz that could benefit from it...
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305

here is some links to some images of the coaster so far.
    • CommentAuthorKyle Sloane

Digging it so far. Make the roll in and out of the cobra a bit snappier tho. It will look weird right now but once the new track is on it will be fine. Look up the pics of tornados cobra and make it like that. Also it looks a little odd on the half loop portion. Might need some smoothing.
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2014 edited

I have tried to make the cobra roll more realistic as well as making a curve and barrel roll to the ride.

•  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2014

My thinking is that the Intamin barrel rolls are generally in a straight line, not changing in elevation bar the heartline. Is this even heartlined, come to think of it?
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

^^ I would advise you to insert your images using HTML, Imgur automatic generate a HTML link which you can copy here direly.
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2014 edited

don't know what i like better

the roll with a change in elevation

or the roll without a change

tell me what you guys think
    I prefer the former, more interesting to me. There is no wrong answer though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

I prefer the downward roll.
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305

finished the basic layout, any tips or critique on shaping would be appreciated

Could stand to have it be more compact I think. Maybe add a little something extra that crosses over to the right and and then back before that first barrel roll. Also your FOV slider needs to be closer to the right its hard to judge shaping. The cobra roll does look much better
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

It feels a bit short to me, you could probably fit a corkscrew or another loop in there somewhere.
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

Looks nice and the heartline rolls both look great, but, as has been said, it needs to be longer. I'm thinking a helix after the second heartline roll, or change the brake run position and add a corkscrew or something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorggddffhh

The g's on that loop must be huge. It's tiny compared to the drop.
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305

not sure if this layouts long enough yet, added a extra helix before the first barrel roll. Again, any advice/tips on shaping would be appreciated
    You should make the helix go the opposite direction around the loop! That would make it look more integrated.
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2015

I think i'm happy with the length of the layout, it lasts 48 seconds from the top of the lift to the end brake run. The other two intamin inverts, Tornado and Sarkanneimi and at Parque de Atracciones Madrid last 42 and 48 seconds
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305

This coaster is weird in the fact that it reaches its top speed after the first drop, The top speed of 80 km/h is reached before the cobra roll
    •  
      CommentAuthorlxpxw

^ A lot of coasters do that. Banshee does it - it reaches the max speed 68mph pulling out of the dive loop.