Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorMrBassdirt
    • CommentTimeFeb 3rd 2016

So much yes! I love the drop already. Reminds me of a waterslide tower, how each slide off the tower is slightly different but interlocked.
    •  
      CommentAuthorFüchschen

Lol.
    I had spagetti to lunch, that looked more sorted than this.
    This will be an amazing ride.

creating the supports might be a real pain, i guess...
    • CommentAuthorarktic2

can anyone say support this contest?
    I remember you talking about this a long time ago. Cool to see it come to fruition.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeFeb 4th 2016

^^^ & ^^
    I think after AlphaOmega with those weird, beefy, overcomplex structures, this one won't be too bad. Its 6000 meters of track instead of 4000, but at least the B&M supports are clean and simple.
    I love it! I think I do kind of remember you talking about this a few years ago. This is the project that's been like 10 years in the making now right? That's crazy! And it looks ridiculously awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2016 edited

Theres still some stuff to do but I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say,

AlphaOmega is coming to the exchange today! (Monday, february 8th)

•  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2016 edited

So, here it is. Have fun with it :) Klick the image to be taken to the exchange!

Unfortunately the picture upload on the exchange doesn't seem to work right now... But I guess it wont make much of a difference for the ride ;)

Looking forward to your Feedback!
    I tried downloading and got a Error page, any chance you can upload it to a file share website and drop us a link to that as well? Looking forward to this ride!
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2016

I see, I updated the description on the exchange with an external download link.
    Awesome, thank you very much!
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeFeb 14th 2016

So, now that the exchange seems to be back up, I would be happy about some rates from y'all =)
    AlphaOmega Download
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2016

Am I oversupporting this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2016

Probably. I think you can avoid that in some spots by just thinking structurally and looking it reference pictures.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2016 edited

I'm already doing that, sure. It's not that its like a usual B&M though, so it can be hard to do in places. But I think generally it's just like most times, that I need a little bit of time to get the general support "scale" right, with the relative changes in frequence and such being already quite okay.
    I was just looking for a a few more opinions on that, so thanks for giving yours :)
    It looks about right to be honest.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2016 edited

Howdy!
    Some of you might remember the job offer thread in 2015. TATA Interactive from Swiss wanted someone to build a rollercoaster for them (their client to be exact) and hired me in the end. So I built this little roller coaster for them which I am now allowed to present to you. My project name for it is Jet.
    It is now being used for job fairs and takes teenagers to a workshop - which is represented by a building halfway through the ride were the train stops. The whole thing is a Virtual Reality experience with 360° video material and I'm told that it's quite a success.

I did do a follow-up a while later, shortening Jet and adding 3 more coasters which provide a few dueling effects and take riders to some kind of a job center, were they can experience varying jobs in the same manner. I'll do a video one of the days (or weeks or...).

Anyway, as this was a paid job, the focus and some of the design decisions were determined by the client and not by me. This means that I may have put more effort in some things while putting less in others than if it was purely my own project. While I am very pleased with the outcome and the awesome collaboration with TATA as a whole, just keep that in mind and please enjoy Jet! (Video Link below)

>>> To the video! <<<

•  
      CommentAuthorHafizBazzi
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2016

Wow, this looks absolutely amazing, and its great that you got hired on for this project.
    Good for you! its great you got a job doing what you love!
    This is really cool to hear about. Thanks for sharing! The coaster flows very nicely and is super smooth. It's cool how I can kind of tell that it was made for VR. You emphasized the things that would "wow" you when experiencing it in VR. Great work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2016

Thanks guys :)

^yeah that sure was a goal for the coaster, unfortunately I did not have the chance to experience it in VR myself yet x)
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2016

And here comes another one. This one was long overdue, maybe you remember the awesome Purism Contest last year, I finally made a video for my entry which got me first place. Cloud Burst is the Name of this intense B&M Flyer, in which I combined everything I love about those while it is quite heavily influenced by Sky Scrapper. I've added some original elements I came up with that haven't been done on flyers before, like the "Nosedive Drop" and the "Hurricane Immelman". Btw, you can download the track here.

Have fun :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2016 edited

And here's more.. roundup 150 is approaching and I don't want to rush the last two weeks as much as last time, so I'm trying to get it over with the support work - maybe my least favorite part.. good news is, I've got the placement down, only tube sizes, fine tuning and proper flanges left. Here's a little bit of a tease for you:

(click to enlarge)

(click to enlarge)

And heres another Editor shot showing the lift hill structure. I tried several designs to support the three tracks and chose this one because I think it should not only work, but also looks cool and fits the ride's style/idea/setting (yet to come). What do you guys think of it?

(click to enlarge)
    Clearly dueling just wasn't enough last year. This looks like madness and I'm loving it.
    Hopefully you can put this in roundup 150 because it looks epic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2016 edited

I love this. Cannot wait to see it all in action together.

I... don't care for those lift supports though. They look neat enough, but you're placing a really high stress concentration on those two "X" cross points. Between the un-braced diamond in the center and the open/2-sided triangle shape on the edges, it just doesn't pass my eyeball "this is looks stable" engineering muster.

Now, I think you could solve a lot of that by adding a horizontal brace across the open diamond, but that may ruin the aesthetic for you. In short - I like the idea of unique/artistic lift supports, but I'd either modify what you have or take a step back and try to dream up something else.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2016

The lift support remind me of RCT3, and that's not necessarily a good thing here. I agree with BBSpeed, it doesn't look structuraly logical.

The rest is just.... wow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeAug 20th 2016

Thanks guys! =)

About the Lift Supports, I'll think about another cool way...
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeOct 7th 2016 edited

How about this?

(click to enlarge)

Still got a wrong tube size in the highest one. Also excuse the low graphics, I'm only trying to make the lag while building supports a little less tedious D:
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeOct 10th 2016

Definitely looks more stable than the first version. I also think this structure is still asthetically pleasing, but in my opinion the largest support needs another horizontal beam as the "X" appears to be too big.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2016 edited

So here it is!
    I'm very happy to have made it to #7 again, it's my lucky number anyway :D

Click here to see the Video

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2016

The spiraling drop was my favorite part of the whole video even though it did mess with my brain a bit. Great work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

This is going to be the ride that every dueller gets compared to from now on out.
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

Wow. And it's one continuous circuit. That's awesome.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9
    • CommentTimeDec 22nd 2016

Upon first glance, I didn't actually like this. After rewetting the video, I commend you on this huge risk but exceptionally rewarding payoff. The spiraling drop of not two, but three dueling roller coasters is so mind boggling to me; you pulled it off and did it very well. I just don't understand how you made the damn thing?! Really great job.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can you release this coaster on steam workshop or here?
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

<3 Thanks guys!

@projection great to hear that from the person who build a great triple dueller himself :)

^^Not so sure either.. :D I remember drawing layouts on my math book ten years ago. Also, you might have noticed that the technical aspect of the tracks wasn't really up to par cause the trackwork is quite old.

^I will shortly!
    • CommentAuthorBigbad
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016

What are the stats, like height, drop, and speed? All you mentioned in the YouTube description is a length of 3.8 miles (impressive).
    That was an awesome coaster. Job well done zampano.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGeCoDe
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016 edited

th...
    tha...
    that drop...
    wow...
    i´m speachless...
    love the song of the third pov :P

EDIT; welcome home is my favourite song of oheed and cambria. i used it once in a small teaser.
    •  
      CommentAuthorNemesisRider
    • CommentTimeDec 23rd 2016 edited

Amazing ride. I honestly just really loved it, exciting coasters, cool editing and great soundtrack! Speaking of which, thank you for introducing me to Coheed and Cambria, really enjoying their stuff :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2016

Thanks! =)

^ That's great to hear! I really love them and they have played a key role in my musical development both as a listener and a musician, especially in my late teens. Even though their 4th and 5th album that they did in a quite different lineup are not up to par in my opinion, they managed to have a personal comeback for me with their afterman albums as well as the current one. Their first 3 albums, especially "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth: 3" have always been among my absolute favorite albums ever and I doubt this will ever change. What's also very interesting about them is that the first five albums are one big concept, telling a story (even though chronologically and content-wise quite cryptic) about the siblings Coheed and Cambria. There are also comics and books but there are still a few to be released and I haven't gotten as far into them as I want to yet. Have fun with them, as I said, I'd especially recommend "In keeping Secrets ..." as well as "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV: from Fear through the Eyes of Madness" and "Second Stage Turbine Blade". Feel free to give me your specific opinions on their stuff here when you've managed to get a good overview :)

^^ The song is "Welcome Home", I love that one, too ;)

^^^^ Oh, you actually read that? ;P Here are a few more Infos and a proper overview:

(click for full size)

(click for full size)
    • CommentAuthorMr. E
    • CommentTimeDec 24th 2016

I really enjoyed that video, it had cool editing a good soundtrack and awesome dueling. The drop concept is really cool and well executed and there are some pretty cool dueling moments. However I didn't really like the rest of the layout. It was smooth but it just felt like a lot of helices. On top of that the ride really slows at the end and it feels like the ride kind of dies off. While the dueling did occur throughout thew whole layout, the individual rides felt kind of slow. The dueling made the coasters good but I feel like the layout dragged on and it could have been better. Aside from that, I thoroughly enjoyed the scene with the cliffs and the station and it is very apparent a lot of work went into the overall experience, and obviously hard work was put into those supports which I thought were really well done. Overall I definitely enjoyed this project.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeDec 26th 2016

@MrE
    Yeah, I feel you. The layout was perceived 10 years ago with a few changes when rebuilt 3 years later. I wanted to finish this project and go on rather then redoing it again, so I agree with you to a certain extent. Also, I'm not too happy with the trackwork itself, it's a good bit below my current level.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeJan 15th 2017 edited

Aaand it's released! :)

CoasterCrazy
    Steam Workshop
    Direct Download
    NoLimits Exchange

Please have fun! Feedback and Ratings are greatly appreciated :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2017

After a long and hard fight I now also managed to get it up on NLE :D
    Link above!
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 19th 2017 edited

Nearly a month after Roundup 150, Three Evils is the project I'm always coming back to. I downloaded it and, well, let's say the amount of tracks and supports roasted my potato of a laptop xD

I feel that this coaster really captured the essence of Coheed and Cambria. The theming had a really nice Amory Wars - space age feel and, despite for the most part being fairly simple objects, the texturing gave it a nice sheen. My only minor point on this is that it wasn't as extensively themed as other Roundup 150 projects (although I personally don't feel this is an issue, the track work and structures are beautiful as it is).

Onto the layout - nigh on perfection. The first drop is amazing and one of the most unique starts I've seen on any NoLimits 2 coaster, how they all fall together is perfect. The trackwork was pretty strong, however I can definitely see this is one of your older projects, it's very smooth but one or two parts felt a little slow (namely one of the last airtime hills on The Crowing, although I get this was for interaction). The mixture of airtime and overbanks is good for this style of coaster, and how you intertwined them all together is just amazing. I imagine clearance and syncing was a bit of a nightmare during construction! One moment I just found really awesome was on The Suffering (by the way, my favourite track: you really maintained a great pace throughout on this one and music is my favourite of the selection) was the turn where it banked around the edge of the cliff - not too sure why, I just imagine it would be a really cool feeling onride.

Finally on the music, Coheed was a perfect choice for this coaster. The first track using "The Crowing" and "Favor House Atlantic" was nice - I do really enjoy some of the stuff from "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3" but, sheerly due to personal preference, I would have preferred "Three Evils" (butwith some of the lyrics I could understand your reasons for not including it!). "Welcome Home" is another great song and I'm glad you used it on The Reaping but The Suffering definitely had the best music in my eyes. "Apollo I: The Writing Writer" has an awesome chorus, Ten Speed is another epic song and "The Suffering" rounded it off nicely. I think "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV: Vol.1" is their best album, so that may be why I love it so much :P One Coheed song which I'm considering using for one of my own rides is "The Running Free", I'm somewhat surprised you didn't use it in this project, but I understand you have a limited amount of songs you can include.

Also, now I've had a good listen and I'd say I rank the albums as 1. Good Apollo Vol. 1, 2. No World for Tomorrow, 3. "In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3". Thanks to this project I've found a new band that I love. :)

TL;DR: Awesome work Zampano. Here's to 7th for the 3rd time in R200! ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2017

Thank you very much for the detailed review =) That means a lot to me!

First off, you're right in that the theming isn't as extensive as other rides. But as you say yourself, this project wasn't really about the theming and pretty hard to really theme too without taking the attention away from the dueling, so I focused on creating an atmosphere that somehow resembles what I hear in Coheed and Cambria. I'm working on some things that are more heavily themed though..

About the clearance, yeah, well, it doesn't pass clearance in the big helix, but it really was too late to fix that now :D The syncing was a bit of work, but I got it down in the first handbuilt version of the ride and so I had a pretty good template for that. :)

In the first version of the video, Three Evils would be running over most of "the Crowing's" POV (from about 3:50 to "A Favor House Atlantic"), but then I had to realize that for some reason it is about the only CoCa song that is restricted on youtube and had to change it last minute.. I didn't use "The Running Free" since the first three Albums were the ones that inspired me for this coaster (and the only ones out at that time). Also, I'm not too fond of No World for Tomorrow, let alone Year of the Black Rainbow.. The song is okay though.

About your ranking, I'm a little confused. You wrote "Good Apollo Vol1" and "Good Apollo Vol2", but there only is "Good Apollo [I'm Burning Star] 4" (The albums tell the story like so: "Year of the Black Rainbow"(5th Album but Prequel), "SECOND Stage Turbine Blade", "In Keeping Secrets [...] 3", "Good Apollo [...] 4", "No World for Tomorrow" (Chapter 5). Then "Afterman Ascension" and "Descension" are like a Spin off Prequel way before the events of the other albums.
    So I'd be interested in a corrected ranking.

Mine would be:
    1. In Keeping Secrets
    2. Good Apollo
    3. Second Stage and Aftermans
    4. The Color Before The Sun
    and then after a while No World for Tomorrow and eventually somewhere Black Rainbow^^
    •  
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2017 edited

^ About the rankings: fixed that now. I've heard "No World For Tomorrow" referred to as "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow" but I wasn't sure if it was ever referred to as "Good Apollo Vol. 2". I've corrected on the post, but my ranking for the top 3 would be:
    1. Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Vol. 1
    2. No World For Tomorrow
    3. In Keeping Secrets of Silent Earth 3

Certain people just prefer certain albums and sounds, totally up to the listener :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2017

Ah yeah, I see, you really could put it that way. It gets a bit confusing with all the numbers :D And sure, might have to do with the time you are introduced to the albums as well. Also, it might be hard to ignore the lower production quality of In Keeping Secrets when you have the newer albums as comparison. So yeah, I'm basically just really happy you enjoy them so much :)