Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorZazu Yen
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2014 edited

I've had some time to play with NL 2 for the first time over the holidays and it's been fun. My head is full of ideas for scripting Calamity Jane (fortunately importing the track from NL 1 didn't have too many ugly surprises, I haven't tried the 3ds objects yet). For my first scripting project I chose something "simple", making those headlamps on the Vekoma mine train engines cast actual light, with track triggers that can turn them on and off. Getting it to work was, shall we say, illuminating (sorry). When I get it working as desired (it's pretty close) and cleaned up a bit (that needs work) I'll release it so you can use it or pull it apart to see how it ticks. There's a rather badly compressed YouTube video that will at least give you an idea of how it looks using a modified Schwarzwald Express as a test. Here are some sample images.

•  
      CommentAuthorZazu Yen
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2015

Ah, yes, well that's what I get for posting at 2am. Fixed the links, thanks The_Architect.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZazu Yen
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2015 edited

Blarg. Now a double post.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Triple post.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

It seems like the light is too dim and it does not throw a big enough lit area. Can you increase the light throw and the brightness?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZazu Yen

Indeed I can do that. The settings I've been working with are for Calamity Jane which has a much smaller footprint and doesn't need to cast light very far. I should have adjusted it for the Schwarzwald Express. I'll play around with it and post some extra pictures.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZazu Yen
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2015 edited

Here are some new images with the headlamp turned up (and the darkness turned down).

That looks amazing!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlxpxw
    • CommentTimeJan 2nd 2015

Posted By: Zazu Yenheadlamp turned up

Couldn't help but laugh at this.

In all seriousness though, it looks amazing.