Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2015 edited

Just a quick side project. I hadn't tried the wooden style in NL2, and thought it would look pretty. Trackwork won't be perfect, but I think it will be enjoyable anyway. Should be out in one/two weeks. The supports won't be custom made (well, maybe I will edit some of them) but I plan on adding some scenery. If you have any suggestion for the name please post it. Here are some pics:

Hope you like it!
    • CommentAuthorA113
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2015

Cool photo editing, I like the first image. As for the ride, I think your figure 8 after the first air hill is too drawn out... I would look at T-Express for reference (probably satellite view?).
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^ Thanks! In fact that first turn is smaller than the T-Express one (or at least I think so, because the Google Earth picture is crap). It pulls 3G's on it, I think it looks wider because of the drawn out entry into it.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Make it pull 5 gs for the whole turn. It is a Intamin after all, right?
    5G for that duration is a bad idea, but you can go significantly higher than 3G on an Intamin prefab. I agree with A113, and without checking pictures or an onride, I definitely don't think T Express' turn is that big.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^ After looking with more detail at the Google Earth aerial I think all of you are right. I have reprofiled it and now it pulls 3,7G's. Thanks for your feedback.

Didn't work a lot on the coaster today. Just reprofiled the first turn (now it pulls 3,7G's instead of 3G's), changed the station orientation (and fixed the rest of the layout)and added an overbank. No pictures of it yet, but started working on scenery:

There is still a lot to do though. I draw a plan for the area. Still hace to decide where the water ride will be placed. Oh, and the coaster will be called Ghostrider (not sure if I will keep it, depends on the environment I finally choose. I don't think the name fits a totally sunny day)

IMG 20150108 203800

•  
      CommentAuthorChukensky
    • CommentTimeJan 8th 2015 edited

Looks Wonderful Dapalm

Chukensky: Haha really Hot Stuff here XD
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: dapalmI don't think the name fits a totally sunny da

The day NL users would stop using "dramatic" skybox to theme their coasters, I'd be so happy. ;)

Looks great dapalm!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2015 edited

Thank you guys! Although I am working on other projects this ain't dead. I made an error with friction and now I am redoing it.

fdfds1000
    hosting imagenes

A tip: if you don't know/want how to make scenery you can always download something from SketchUp Warehouse. All you have to do is export it as collada(.dae). You can really enhance your ride easily. Fish Pagoda by Sprucetree on the picture.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2015

How to you export the .skp files to collada? You use NL2 editor or do you have to download sketchup to be able to export?
    •  
      CommentAuthor1blueshe
    • CommentTimeJan 20th 2015 edited

(edit)

ignore this lol. didn't read the whole thing.....
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

@TOGO Fan you use SketchUp. File - export - .dae

@1blueshe now I want to know what you wrote :(
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Your images looks always very good and realistic, great job!
    Yo bring a nice vibe to your rides and screens, I love it! :-)

*Geoff*
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Posted By: dapalm@TOGO Fan you use SketchUp. File - export - .dae

@1blueshe now I want to know what you wrote :(

That hasn't worked for me. I've done what you said, placed the object in my park folder but it doesn't show up when accessing it from within NL2.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

^Maybe make a NLobj first then place it in the park
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

@UncleArly nothing is showing in the game? I didn't have problems with any of the objects I tried. Could you please send me the file so I can take a look at it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Well that's the problem. It just isn't showing up in the park base, even though it's definitely in there. But obviously No Limits isn't recognising it. So even if I sent it to you, it wouldn't show.

I exported as .dae in sketchup. Placed that file within the park folder I wanted it in. Opened NL2 and went to place the object, but it doesnt exisit within the park base in NL2, but does if I go via documents on my laptop.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^ Weird. Are you sure you have selected .dae as the file type when searching it in NL2? It searchs .NL2SCO by default. It's the only thing I can think right now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

^ I'm an idiot.

Thank you¬