Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeNov 17th 2015

Haaa thanks guys, that makes sense.
    Man, this is really coming along nicely! Good job with the support scenery.
    • CommentAuthormwmayerle

It was a joke because Mantis Fast Lane (because of noise) and the Dragster queue (heat) are arguably the worst positions to work in the entire park. The Rougarou conversion had that section quieted down significantly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Laptop

Mind if I toss in a few random things here and there? I'd like to do something for this project but time and interests have kind of been taking me away from NL2 lately.
    Without having directly compared to pictures/videos, that recreation of Mantis does look really nice Matt. I look forward to seeing it continue to develop.
    • CommentAuthormwmayerle
    • CommentTimeDec 15th 2015 edited

Hi guys sorry about the lack of updates. Work has been hectic but now things have slowed down. I managed to create a somewhat decent grate texture. I struggle a bit with scenery so sometimes it comes off as cartoony but I'm giving it my best effort. Here are some nontraditional unfinished pictures.

A common photo opportunity from the exit:

Very unfinished shot of the station. This station is a butt and I'd like to smack whoever thought a random octagon on top of a rectangle with elevators and random staircases jutting out at odd angles was a good idea:

To do:
    1. Railings in the station, under the station, queue railings, and choo-choo railings.
    2. Floating bridges, entrance stairs. These should be easy since they're at 90 degree angles.
    3. Thicken the chain link fence texture so you can actually see it.
    4. Onride photo building
    5. Ride op booth that doesn't suck.
    6. Entrance sign.
    7. Block brake stairs.
    8. Miscellaneous little details like the work box, lights in the station, lift motor, etc
    9. Trees
    10. Repaint everything for Rougarou and add magnets to main brake lol

It looks like a ton, but it really should fill in and stop looking cheap soon. Thanks for tolerating my slowness.
    https://gyazo.com/aaed20defc03d3acb1c468d7021d4134
    Working on Raptor supports atm. Thoughts? (Photobomb by Valravn xD)
    I feel sad for Raptor, it's cobra-roll is completely being overshadowed by Valravn
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeDec 21st 2015

I love how the lift for Valravn is so steep, it's screwed with the orientation on the support connectors.
    Valravn is 45° steep isn't it? I mean the lift duh ;)
    ^It's 47°. xD
    • CommentAuthormwmayerle
    • CommentTimeJan 3rd 2016

Hey guys! Another small update. Exit ramp is done, and I've been working on various detailing projects around the ride. Queue entrance is almost done, and it should really start to fill in once I get the foliage and stuff placed. Lots of little things have been placed, edited, and fiddled with.

I'll start with the pic I always take. Look towards the bottom of the image to see most of the progress:

And here is an overview of the area. Can't wait to finish up the queue area so it really starts to look complete:

If anyone is curious I finally figured out (I think) what they did to make the squiggle on the first drop. It's not banked. That's it lol. Again thanks for the encouragement and tolerating my sloth-like building speeds.
    It doesn't matter the speed but the results. Your recreation is going awesome!
    Hello! It's been a long time since I've last posted here.

https://gyazo.com/38a6e332d79c1a52fc9a7bc87dd487fa

Here's the midway between Corkscrew and Iron Dragon is so far. Right now Rougarou (Formally Mantis) is sitting in it's rightful spot on the island, and Iron Dragon's lift hill supports have finally started. I'm right now looking for people to recreate Corkscrew, so if you wanna do that whisper me and I'll iron out the details for you. :D
    I probably missed something, but why are you doing it as Mantis instead of Rougarou? Either way it's all looking good :)

Also, possible tiny suggestion (although I'm not sure what it looks like in real life): maybe fade the colours a tiny bit on the suspended coaster. I can imagine it's quite old, so it'd probably look more realistic.
    ^He was recreating it as Mantis because it was easier for him to do it that way.
    Isn't it exactly the same coaster with different trains and colours though? (I'm going to sound slightly dumb if not :P)
    Id volunteer for corkscrew but... Id never finish it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016

Let Matt do his thing with the Mantis/Rougarou recreation. He operated the ride as Mantis so it's probably easier for him to recreate it like that.
    ^

Also, iron dragon isn't that spread out.
    Oh, and, one more thing.. ;)

PS: You guys have no clue how proud I am of this project... :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJan 31st 2016

not enough trees!!!!11!11 Unrealistic!!!11!!!1!!
    The accuracy is practically spot-on! I'm really interested to see how the B&M loop connectors turn out.
    With all of these low angle shots to hide the lack or pathways/other buildings, I'm really excited to see the pathways/other buildings once work starts on them
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeFeb 1st 2016

Looking great so far, how is the fps holding up?
    There is no red on the Rougarou station, it's a darker grey.
    Amazing!!
    It's been a while, hasn't it?
    • CommentAuthorderpy nis
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2016

yes love it will there be a download?
    • CommentAuthormwmayerle
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2016

Dis is purdy
    • CommentAuthorloki352
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2017

This looks amazing. It's so realistic that it's practically unrealistic to see that this could be done in NL2. Glad to see that you're still working on this project. How are things progressing now?
    That loop connector doesn't look right