Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2015 edited

Hey guys, I've been offered to come be with Maurer-Söhne! The position would take place within the sales department, creating NoLimits simulations of their rides for promotional use. I'm currently in the process of discussing details such as when to start, and how long the position will last. The main reason I wanted to tell you guys this is because A) I'm super excited and B) I know there are quite a few of you out there who want to get into the field. Now, I'm no professional, but I want to help other people pursue their dreams.

While this accomplishment is relatively small, words cannot describe how excited I am to start working with a real roller coaster manufacturer before I attend college. This wouldn't have happened without the community, a resource I value very much. If anyone ever wants to talk roller coasters, IAAPA, or anything, feel free to shoot me a whisper and I'll be sure to get back to you.

I hope I don't come off TOO selfish and braggy, I'm just excited.
    Congratulations!
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2015

Nice job! Enjoy!
    That's excellent news, congratulations!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJan 22nd 2015 edited

Enjoy your new job! Wish you the best, congratulations.
    Not braggy at all dude, this is big and you deserve to share your excitement with others!
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688

That's awesome! Congrats!
    • CommentAuthorMGCD

Beatles, that's awesome. A job working with No Limits, now that is great! I wish you much success, as that is such a great opportunity. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

That is fantastic, congratulations!!!
    • CommentAuthorSkye

Good luck out there! :)
    Nice Joseph!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Congratulations. Truly amazing news. No need to feel like you are bragging :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Phenomenal! I'm so happy to see talented users have their hard work and dedication pay off with recognition and opportunities in the industry! Congratulations Joseph!

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778

As above, a massive congratulations to yourself! I for one am incredibly overjoyed that Maurer Söhne have seen the potential of what members of the NL community like yourself can do. I wish you all the best and hope it leads to bigger things within the company for you. Great job. :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

By the way, being slightly off topic here, but Maurer Söhne changed their name to Maurer AG last December. See.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

Well done Beatles, thats really awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

wow, congrats! Have a nice time at Maurer!
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

THATS AMAZING.
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeJan 23rd 2015

Congratulation! Well deserved! :D I hope we see some awesome stuff, you made in the future ;) ..enjoy the time of your life!!! :D ...rock it!
    Awesome! Maurer made one of my favorite rides, so that's great to hear.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Amazing! Big congrats!

•  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

Wow, so jealous! Envy aside, congratulations! I can't imagine how much excitement you have for your future.
    I just got a new job making pizzas!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

^I just got a 67 on my calculus test!
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87

Congrats TheBeatles. This is a good first step and making you one step closer to achieving your dreams. You and a few others are doing what most of wish we could do. Good luck
    • CommentAuthorWomp83

Oh wow, congratulations Beatles. That's great news! :D
    I'm sure you'll enjoy your time with them.
    Wow that's amazing Joseph! Congratulations! :D
    Tell me your ways, oh mighty brother.

Great job! They certainly picked one of the best suited ;)
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2015

Awesome, congratulations!
    • CommentTimeJan 24th 2015

Thank you for the kind words, everyone! I'm still awaiting clarification from Maurer (thank you, KingRCT3) on what exactly I will be doing, but I couldn't be more excited to start! If you're interested, I'll try my best to keep you all updated with projects and details as they come.

In the meantime, thank you all again for your support! I appreciate it more than you can imagine.
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2015 edited

Hey guys, just wanted to give you all a quick update. Communication has been relatively slow between myself and the company, I usually send/receive one email per week. However, that's not to say things aren't going well. I have a call scheduled for tomorrow morning (7am PST, 4pm CET) with the VP of Sales and Marketing for Maurer. We'll be discussing the specifics of my stay, as there are still many things I'm a bit unsure of.

I'll report back with details tomorrow, right around this time!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2015

Great to hear! Can't wait to see the details :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeFeb 5th 2015

Can't congratulate you enough! It's so rare for an enthusiast to get into the industry so I bet you're super ecstatic. :-P As dapalm says, can't wait to hear the deets and look forward to seeing the concepts of Maurer that you'll be bringing to 'virtual' life. :-)
    So, this morning I spoke with the company, discussing what exactly I'd be doing in my position. Basically, I'll be creating videos, taking screenshots and creating PowerPoint presentations in NoLimits. At this point in time I won't be creating any tracks, although we did discuss the possibility of doing so in the future. Unfortunately, I it appears as though I won't be able to share much of my work with you guys. As you might have guessed, many of these projects won't be for the public to view.

The position will be project based, meaning I won't be working all day every day. Basically, when Maurer has a new project for me they'll send me the details and I'll do it for them. At this point in time, I'm not sure how often that will be, only time will tell. While I really wish I could go to Germany and work, my high school commitment doesn't allow me to do that. I'm planning on working with the company until September, when I'll be preparing to go to college.

I hope Maurer is as excited as I am to begin working.

Once again, if anyone has anything they'd like to ask, please don't hesitate. I want to at least try to appear helpful on these forums!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2015

How exactly did you contact Maurer in the first place? I would love to know how to get an internship.
    I went to IAAPA in 2013 and 2014, and talked to as many manufacturers as possible. Small talk with engineers like, how does this work? Why does this coaster have this mechanism? Etc. Anything to keep a conversation. Believe it or not, people really enjoy talking about their jobs. If you show enough interest, people will remember you. In this case, I happened to meet a very nice engineer from Maurer who was able to set me up with this position.
    ^It's that easy to get a position? Jeez! I wish I was older to go to IAAPA.. D:
    Easy isn't the word I would use.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeFeb 7th 2015

All I'll ask is for you to reveal your work once each item becomes public. That's what we do once something we worked on ends up visible to the public.

In the mean time have fun working on these projects and gaining such enormous experience in the industry. Great work and make us all proud!

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeFeb 8th 2015

That's amazing to hear, Joseph. Best of luck to you!
    Thanks, guys!

@Tom, I'll release whatever I can, when I can!
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2015 edited

Back with an update! Due to the distance between myself and Germany, I won't be in an actual "internship" contract. Instead, it looks like I'll be helping Maurer with projects as they need it. When they get a new project, they'll send it my way to make a video and powerpoint for them. Luckily, I may be able to visit Germany over the summer for a short term stay at the company's HQ. Until then, that's where I'm at!
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeMar 19th 2015

Sounds very cool! Ole and I visited Maurer's headquarters in October of 2013 and had a ton of fun seeing the operation there. At the time they were fabricating some giant ferris wheels that are the tallest transportable wheels in the world. One was set up outside and lighting was being installed. Inside they were fabricating all the parts and painting the massive columns for additional wheels. We also got to see and take a photo with Schwarzkopf's original pipe bending machine that produced something like 90% of all Schwarzkopf coaster track. We geeked out! If you get the chance to go to Munich, jump on it.

-Ride_Op
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2015

A short update but a big update!

Last week I received my first project from Maurer! Unfortunately, I can't go into detail on the content, but hey, I'm getting paid for a project within the industry! I'm still planning on going to Germany over the summer for a full-time internship position over the course of 4-6 weeks. At this point, I'm as nervous as I am excited to see where things go!
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

Bravo! Paid no less, very cool!

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

I'm so glad for you! Really want to know what it is, hope they let you show us soon :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

That's really awesome to hear. I'm sure you're doing a great job! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus

have fun dude! so excited to see someone so energized by their work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778

That's great news! Can't wait to hear (and possibly see) what you've been tasked with working on. And wow, talk about 'best summer ever', sounds like you're in for a treat. :-)
    • CommentTimeJun 25th 2015

Headed from California to Münich to be with Maurer for 5 weeks!

I'll keep you guys posted