Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

This is where I'm going to post how to do some rather difficult things, fairly easy in sketchup.

Tutorial 1: Cliffs

Step 1: Draw a square the size of your cliff.

Step 2: Use the freehand tool to draw a line in the shape of the cliff

Step 3: Delete extra lines

Step 4: Use the extrude tool to raise up the shape.

Step 5: Select the top line with the move tool and move it inwards

Step 6: Texture

And that should be it! Go ahead and export it as a DAE and enjoy!

There will be more coming soon.
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015

OMG THANK YOU THAT REALLY HELPS
    Oh my.. I feel a lot of help is coming my way if people start to make sketchup Tutorials! Nice!

Thanks Codemaster! I hope there will be a lot more where this came from! :-D

*geoff
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Check out the Erode plugin for sketch up. It'd make something like this 10x more realistic.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeJan 25th 2015 edited

^ But it will have a lot more polys... I think this is a very nice for beginners but also it can be very useful for building a background for your coaster. Thanks for sharing!

Edit: I will post the link in other forums if you don't mind. I posted the link to your previous youtube tutorials, and I'm afraid I forgot to ask you if you didn't mind. I only posted the links to your YouTube channel and gave you credits, but should have asked you.
    Extrude tool...?

Where do I find this magic in sketchup.
    It's the 'Push/Pull' tool
    •  
      CommentAuthorMr. Laptop

Suddenly I have the strange desire to build mountains.
    EDIT: What the heck happened to my profile pic.
    ^^Oh lol..

I has a bit of a problem.. When I raise the floor, a bunch of little lines are on the side of the cliff...
    •  
      CommentAuthorHZGarfield

I believe apply some bump mapping can have a better performances
    •  
      CommentAuthordjd711

I'm having trouble with the drawing straight lines? Is there a plugin that can do everything for me automagically?
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

^in theory, the line you are drawing should turn from back to red or blue when it is straight or perpendicular to another line.
    • CommentAuthorMGCD

^Correct. But I think the drawing line turns magenta or pink when drawing a straight line in any of the directions except the cardinal x,y,z. They turn red, blue, and green respectively.
    If you can't get SU to draw a straight line try changing your perspective view, just move to another angle and the editor should snap to the tangent line mode I.e. The pink line
    in what program is this made?
    ^It's made with SketchUp, a 3d modeling program from Google :)
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeJan 30th 2015

Sketch up is no longer owned by Google. I believe a company called Trimble owns the program now.
    ^Ah oke, my bad! Thanks for the information.