Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2015 edited

Hi there,

I'm new here, but I'm following the threads in this forum for a very long time now.
    All your work is stunning and I'm excited to be part of this community in the future.
    I got Nolimits 2 10 Months ago and the first thing I did was to start a recreation of 'Black Mamba'.
    Within a few days I finished trackwork and started to create the scenery and adding Supports. Since then worked on this project, sometimes a lot, sometimes 'a little less'.
    But after this whole time I'm not satisfied with the trackwork anymore. With good cause:
    Because the programm was new to me I didn't realize you can set the spline to heartline. I tried to fix the trackwork but I'm still not happy with it.
    So I decided to restart this project and keep you guys updated to force myself to constantly work on it.

Sorry for the long text but here are some pictures of the old Version:

http://i.imgur.com/sLUpzx4.png

http://i.imgur.com/2kJfMZ9.png

http://i.imgur.com/ReffXS5.png

I will soon post new pics, but I warn you: I don't have much time at the moment, so the future progress of this project could be very slow

Edit: I know the landscape and the environment are not the best but please note this was WIP

• CommentAuthorMGCD
    • CommentTimeFeb 15th 2015 edited

Man...the structures around the coaster are superb! I wish to see some better textures on them, but the current ones will suffice for now.
    Also, how about changing the land in that area to sand?

Edit:
    Silly me, this is a recreation ha. :) Nevermind about the sand
    Your buildings look great, I have to say! But if you really want to nail this, the track needs a lot more work. The shapes just don't look naturall enough? Which is a shame 'cause the whole theming should be based on the track's position... But again: That modeling looks cool so keep working on this!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeFeb 16th 2015

^ Yeah I'm totally aware of that the shaping of the Track doesn't look good. Thats why I'm starting from scratch, although this means to redo most of the 3D-models :'(

But yeah. I'm a lot more satisfied with what I have right now (trackwise).

http://i.imgur.com/CgHozK2.png

Please let me now what you think ;)
    • CommentAuthorMGCD
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2015

^I must say, that profile view is very nice. The symmetry on your elements is easy on the eyes, nice work. Drop's not lookin' too bad either, I look forward to seeing more!
    Yeah, that looks much better now! Although I'm not shure if that Zero G is correct.. I thought it "snaps" more at the top in stread of looking more like an airtime hill.. But I can be wrong off course... either way, it looks really good for now and I can't wait to see more of it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKiwi

^ Yeah I'm going to have to disagree with you on that.

I think the roll looks fine. I do agree though, it is looking much better now. I'm excited to see more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Posted By: Coaster-GEOFFI thought it "snaps" more at the top in stread of looking more like an airtime hill

Essentially, a zero-g is an airtime hill in the fact that it is parabolic (hence it giving zero-g, a-la B&M airtime hill) the difference of course is that a rotates a full 360 degrees through the course of the hill, as pictured below. Due to this, it looks like it 'flattens' out at the apex due to the roll. Of course, older gen B&M were more 'snappy' but they are generally smoother and more drawn out these days. But yeah, if it's parabolic and looks like an airtime hill with the roll, then you are onto a winner.

•  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeFeb 17th 2015 edited

^ Thats a pretty good explanation, thanks ;)

Thanks for the feedback so far. I really appreciate it.
    The heartline of the Zero G looks like an airtime hill and the G's are all nearly zero so it should be fine.
    Zero g doesn't always mean zero g. I take helixs zero g roll. You still feel that you are pushed down in your seat. So think again ;)
    Nah. Just hold it so as you think is right :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart

new trackwork looks AWESOME!
    nice job!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: JL NoLimitsZero g doesn't always mean zero g. I take helixs zero g roll. You still feel that you are pushed down in your seat. So think again ;)

I don't get what you mean. What do you call "helixs zero g roll"?
    For me, a zero-g roll is indeed zero-g. Newer B&M are even better at that than older, because olders have (bad) laterals. (EDIT: But as Arly said, it doesn't affect the true purpose, which is zero *vertical* g)

RK, great job so far! I really love Black Mamba, and that's a great challenge to recreate it. Good luck.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Regardless of that, to be a true zero-g it has to have zero-gs. It's not like the name isn't explicit. It's pretty self explanatory.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK

^ True.

^^ Thanks. I love Black Mamba too (kind of obvious I think) :D
    And I'm pretty sure JL NoLimits meant 'Helix' the coaster not the element.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ Ha. *facepalm*
    But I felt zero-g on Helix's rolls. Some might be more "perfect" than other, but the idea is still aiming for 0.
    There are elements designed in the style of a 0G roll that may not actually sustain 0G. Maybe at some point they pass through 0G, or maybe they stay slightly positive. They may still be named a 0G roll, even if they aren't necessarily a "true" 0G. Laterals and train length mess with the forces anyways on most of them and for the majority of the train. B&M's newer rolls (like that of Black Mamba, or on a larger scale, Banshee) have more of a drawn-out, floaty feel, where their older ones like Batman or Raptor (with these "bad laterals" that I love) are more focused on exciting rotation and fast pacing under low forces. They're all still known as 0G rolls. Either way, the "true purpose" of these elements is whatever the designer wants it to be.
    Sorry for the confusion. I ment a coaster named HELIX The Next Level. Its a 7 loops coaster. With hidden g forces that totally make you glad. there's one zero g roll that really isn't a zero g.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97

I'm pretty sure we're all talking about the same coaster here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

Anyway, the 0g on Black Mamba really is quite drawn out, as DC said.

and I dare to say that the exit of it is lower that the entrance, even though I can't find a good reference picture, since its just too tightly fit in there..

Anywho, you can find lots of good reference photos on that site:
    http://coastersandmore.de/rides/blackmamba/blackmamba.php
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK

^ I saw the exact same picture and thought the same and I'm still not quite sure if its right or wrong.
    But I think the picture is irritating. The track with the right turn which goes into the Brakes and the Station is a little bit higher because the station is higher than the lowest points of the track.

Anyway, at first I had the exit lower as the entrance but it did dot match with the max. of speed and the difference of heights (don't know how realistic the default coefficient of friction is though). So now I made them the same level.

coastersandmore indeed has really good reference photos which will help a lot with the details of the scenery, but rcdb has really nice construction pics and there is a very nice documentary of the Construction on the web too.
    So I definitely have enough reference ;) But beside that thank you for the tip.

Edit: When I'm ready with the track (except there will never be an ending of trackwork like JAMMYD778 in his Smiler Thread described) I will post a picture of this particular spot.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

Thats cool!

I was almost sure it must be this way by riding it and I also have the impression that theres a little more time between the end of the roll and the pullout than there is on the entrance, where it almost immediately begins to spin. The exit seems to be a bit steeper, too. Looking for a picture I had to realize its not that clear and it's not possible for me to say for sure without actually being there again.

But I can't help but to think there is some difference, It also looks like it in some of the offride scenes and the backwards onride scene in this TPR video. But after all, it's your recreation, if you're not convinced, then just do what you feel is right. I don't want to come off as a smartass, especially since I can't even proof anything, maybe I'm just being fooled by the looks. And in the end, such a detail doesn't make a great recreation bad or the other way around.

:)
    I like the 3ds so far. But those textures.... If you need some layout reference i could maybe help with the following pictures. I did a lot of research because i wanted to try a recreation myself a while ago. Maybe a future project...
    I found some of the pictures at the website of the architecture bureau which planned the landscaping and theming:

I also started with some of the scenery to try out some stuff:

^Not perfect but still...
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK

^^ I used that video too as reference and i need to agree to you that it looks like the exit is a little bit lower.
    Now I'm taking it serious so I analyzed the video precisely. The result:

http://i.imgur.com/aLolheG.gifwidth=

http://i.imgur.com/3WxKcIs.png width=

The GIF/video doesn't show big difference when going forward or backwards. But the picture beneath shows that the exit is lower. So there has to be a very slight height difference. And so I will include this little detail cause its my goal to make the recreation as realistic as possible.

^Woah. A Lot of the plans you posted I'm used as reference the last time and this time too. But the first one will be very helpful. Thank yo very much! Your model looks really awesome man! I tried that one too but it looked so crappy I deleted it :O Would you mind if I could use this?
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano

^_^

I'm glad I was able to help! You're really taking this seriously, I'm sure the result will be awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2015 edited

Looks great. Was planning on doing a remake of Black Mamba aswell, but for some reason I can't get the track to work.
    Looking forward to see the end results on your project.

Following :) EDIT and Bookmarked
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2015

Great job! New trackwork is much better than previous one. Looks like you're putting a lot of dedication to this project. Don't forget to play with the environment and download nSeven trees in case you haven't already. It will make a great improvement to the look of this already amazing project :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2015 edited

^^Thanks. It seems like al lot people had problems with the trackwork of Black Mamba

^Thank you. Thats the plan to make an own environment and of course I have in mind to use nSeven's awesome foliage :D Can't find a nice Skybox/Cubemap though.

Edit: Forget about that Skybox thing. I found Davids tutorial.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2015 edited

Posted By: RK^^Thanks. It seems like al lot people had problems with the trackwork of Black Mamba

Well, it is a difficult track to recreate ( which you should know by now :p )
    As for scenery: I kinda like the idea of a combination of The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Black Mamba.

Wonder how that would turn out. Can't wait :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2015

^Yeah I have Problems too, but if you try hard its getting better.

Ok here's a little Update for you.
    I changed the shaping of the Zero G Roll a lot, due to the fact that the exit is lower than the entrance and that you are rolling faster when leaving the 0G.
    I added the first Wingover and the left Turn. the shaping of the Wingover looks almost fine to me but it's not final because the laterals are way too high. The Inclined Immelmann isn't final too.

Now it looks like this:

Also here are some pictures of the Zero G Roll together with reference pics:

^That. Is pretty spot on. Great job.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBattin

I love it. Would love to see more, with scenery.
    Perhaps you could use some scenery from my "donkey Kongs Mountain" project. If something fits ofcourse
    Awesome! Looks pretty much spot on already! Can't wait to see it themed :P
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Wow, for having been here for only a week now.. this is insane. Black Mamba is one of my favorite inverts, and this looks damn good so far. Great work, seriously cannot wait to see more here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeFeb 22nd 2015 edited

^ Thank you very much. As I said in my first post I have NoLimits since 10 months and im following the forums since 3 or 4 months. So I have quite a bit of experience.
    I've not finished a lot of projects but this will be definitely one project which comes to a nice ending. Maybe I will upload some of my finished projects to the exchange in some time and let you know about it in this thread.

^^^ Of course there will be scenery in the future. Thank you for your offer. I'm following your Donkey Kongs Mountain Project and I love your scenery. But I think it's too cartoon-ish for my needs.

The work on the scenery will start when the rough trackwork is finished. It will take some time to this point because I'm in the middle of an exam's period. But I'm happy to announce that I will work together with Coasterdude on the scenery. The scenery itself will be massive and take a long time to create but I'm sure that we will nail it! (Look at the model Coasterdude postet some comments before!)
    Looks pretty good and accurate. Hope it turns out well ^_^
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015

The next update won't be before the 5th of March. So don't wonder if nothing is happening here for the next weeks.

The work on the wingover is pretty annoying, so I made something different:
    •  
      CommentAuthorChukensky

Looks great!

Will you be adding the mesh pattern under the seats?
    Ow yeah.. It looks really great for now! Can't wait to see the next update in a fiew weeks!
    Keep it up!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2015 edited

^^Lol never noticed them. But I noticed some other things which Black Mamba's trains have in comparison to the NoLimits B&M Invert. I have to think about it, but it's worth a try.

Thanks for the feedback guys!
    Looks amazing! Reall looking forward to the collab with you! I have the slight feeling that this is going to turn out super awesome!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK

^ I'm pretty excited too. We'll definitely get something nice!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2015

@chukensky: I got something wrong with this mesh pattern thing you mentioned. I thought you meant this thing:

But I noticed every inverted and so the NoLimits Car has it.
    So could you please explain me what you meant with that. I would be very pleased if you could give me a picture of it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorTDeHart

OMG, Car texture pr0n! LOVE IT! hnnnnng
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

This is the custom mesh Black Mamba has:

•  
      CommentAuthorRK

^ Thank you for the picture.

Its a little bit irritating. On some pictures the trains have it then again not. rcdb has a picture too where both is the case. I think I will check this and other small details for myself when the park is open again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeMar 6th 2015

Ok, in the last two weeks I just had like two hours left for working on the Project.
    So theres no big noticeable progress at the moment.

The Wingover is keeping me busy, so there are a few changes on the existing Elements but no new Elements.

Maybe I get some work done on the weekend but further progress will definitely come in the middle of this month.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeMar 15th 2015

It's been a while since the last real Update.

I kind of finished the Track, but it still needs a lot of work. To be exact: everything after the second Wingover.

But I think I nailed the first one after countless hours of work.

I tried out some stuff, so I added the loop boxes und built the service platform for the storage track:

I hope that I will find more time to work on this the next few weeks.
    Anyways. I will keep you updated!

Nice Morning/Evening/Day to all of you!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Looks promising!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKiwi

I'm glad to see some progress. I think it looks pretty great so far.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeMar 31st 2015

I had some time in the last few days. Enough to get the track finished to a point where I'm satisfied for now.
    It still needs some slightly finishing touches, but Coasterdude and I will start modeling now.
    Progress is not easily visible, but again here's an overview:

You can't imagine how happy I am with the track at the moment.

As you can see I changed my mind on the storage track. Going for a lot more realism now. (Textures aren't final of course, Object WIP)

Please let me know what you think of the Storage.
    Also if you wish to see particular elements feel free to ask.