Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Here are some initial teasers of my newest project.

•  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeFeb 18th 2015

Your track model looks excellent. How did you manage the connections between the rails and spine? Is that a custom track model or are they individually done with supports?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Did you... No... Did you... Supports... No no no... Did you build everything with supports?! :o
    ^probably used nl1 and the construction kit
    I'm thinking he made the crossties between the track and the spine once with supports, copied that along the length of the track, and connected them with more supports for the spine. Sounds like a pain, but doable with the copy and paste feature. Without that it would take forever and would be almost impossible to get something close to decent manually.
    While that may be the case, the spacing of those ties is seemingly too perfect to be done by hand. Plus, the hexagonal shape of the double spine is a sign of CK use because NL2 doesn't have hexagonal supports.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

It has the texture of the supports.
    Huh, so it does. I stand corrected. Gerst you're insane.
    Might be perfect because he placed his copies at the default track tie spacing.
    Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm glad you're excited about it. But I don't plan on releasing any details about my method until after the release in a few months. But you may continue to speculate :D I'll have more revealing pictures uploaded later this week.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2015

The little joints visible in the third picture make me suspect that it's supports.
    Heehur I guess you'll have to wait to find out for sure =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorGerstlCrazy
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2015 edited

Here are a few updates. It includes the newer looking, shinier track, and some more elements revealed ;P

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2015

Make sure that every hill produces -1.9 gs of insane airtime.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

That's definitely supports, looking at all the little imperfections in it. I just want to see how you did all those crossties...
    But you still think it looks good right? =P
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Better than the CK because it has a texture and the tubes are really round. Yet it's a huuuge amount of effort "only" for a trackstyle, so I don't think everyone can uses that method, haha, but you, you can be proud because you did it and it looks better than I would have expected!

Now I just wish you would take a step aside from Skyrush, and have your own original name and colors. ;)
    ^I'm not going to name it SkyRush. But I like the colors because they look authentic, but I'll probably play around with colors much later when supports are done. And I was really ambitious and really wanted a good looking double spine Intamin track. And you know, it doesn't actually take that much time. Just have to have a little patience.
    Some more revealing photos.

•  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2015

I really like that low turn over the water, and everything looks really smooth and nice from afar! Can't wait to see the supporting stage of this beauty take place!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTms_XD_15
    • CommentTimeFeb 24th 2015

is there a way to make this double spine without no limits 1? :/
    ^Yes, that's how I'm making this double spine haha. This is NL2...
    •  
      CommentAuthorTms_XD_15
    • CommentTimeFeb 25th 2015

yeah i know but you used the construction kit right? or dide you made the with the supports?
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2015

It's made of supports.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2015

I think your drop jerk might be a bit too pronounced.
    It's not. It's actually not really easily noticeable when you're on it. Remember, that's a far away, declined angle shot of the drop. It's not meeting the eye correctly.
    • CommentAuthorbigjoe97
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2015

Alright, I'll trust ya on this one for now. Everything else looks nice, although the exit to that overbank/stengel dive thing seems a bit odd with unbanking -> drop -> pullout. Might just be my odd distaste for that sort of thing though.
    I love that stengel dive mod. Looks great to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorGerstlCrazy
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2015 edited

^^I realize it's unorthodox. I took an element from I305 that was used as a turn into brakes and made it into a mid-course hill. So yeah it's weird, but I really love the way it rides. I made sure to shape it the way Intamin might. Also it was kind of a playoff of this thing that Skyrush does:

Also, I know it's been awhile since anything new. We're moving onto supports and objects. I'm working behind the scenes with another forum member right now who will be doing most of the object work. I'll be sure to release some updates as soon as I have them.

Okay I guess a little somethin' new for you all.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeMar 5th 2015

Looks really nice, any theming ideas yet?
    ^Working on that part right now with one of my partners in this project =P
    •  
      CommentAuthorGerstlCrazy
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2015 edited

The update is good news for my project lol. The tracks have so much more detail. Oh well, it only took a few days to produce the support-track anyway herh.

A little teaser from Dapalm's end =P
    Hey that's my environment :) Can't wait to see this whole thing supported!
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeMay 26th 2015

Looks superb!
    Coaster: Amazing
    Env: Amazing
    Supports: Fantastic

I WANT THAT ENV :D
    Yes the environment definitely is not mine. Dapalm is to credit for the supports! His work is amazing. He sent me a few mock-ups, I just decided to use this one as a teaser. I don't know what environment will end up in the track in the end, but I thought that one definitely accentuated the sexiness of the ride! Thanks for the comments guys!