Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2015 edited

Looking through the roundup this week, I saw that JBS Coasters had an issue when filming his ride and that the park itself was laggy as hell. Long-story-short, I found out what was wrong (alpha issues) and was kind of taken with how nicely the project had been done and wanted to see it have a better final production. So after getting the go-ahead from JBSC, I started fixing up the park and mending some of the many alpha issues to improve performance. Then I just started doing what I normally do...and tinkered and tinkered and tinkered some more.

Here is the result:

I've been working to get more life out of the textures and to create a landscape that hugs the track without looking too thick and dense. I already have the soundtrack decided for a day and night POV - so a few little touch ups here and there and we'll be ready to refilm!

Here is the file as I received it.

And here is my work-in-progress.

Some of the track shaping is off and the coaster starts a little high, but that's kind of how it is for this project - I didn't want to strip JBSC's layout to fix minor errors as it should still look like HIS project.

Besides, there's a far more accurate recreation going on in Code's thread!
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2015

Looks really good! Thanks to RCT3, you have a great eye for theming/environment that other NL users haven't, so I can't wait to see what else you have in store. Foliage in that 4th picture is superb.
    Ohmaigod how do you people get such good environments?! The fourth picture, what environment is that?

Foliage looks really good. You have such an eye for planting and stuff like that. Great job!
    Nemisis Inferno always seemed to have such a stupid layout to me. It's like someone striped a batman clone of all the good parts and stuck some theming around it. Project's looking good so far!
    • CommentAuthorsprog

^ It's a very good, forceful layout though - it's almost in that little point between insane old-school B&M and smooth, swoopy new B&M.
    The only thing I dislike about it is the fact it riffs on Nemesis' name, and it'll never live up to that.

I have to say, this looks brilliant nSeven, can't wait to get my hands on it.
    Really? it doesn't look all that forceful from POV's.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Its great until after the Zero-G...
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

If they had put the lift where that stupid prelift is and had the drop turn left where the lift is, the layout could have been so much better. Anyways, the environment and scenery look phenomenal, great job as usual n7!
    • CommentAuthorsprog

^^^ The loop-to-zero-g combo has a nice mix of forces, and the final two helixes are pretty strong.

I think it gets a lot more flack than it deserves, I used to not be that keen on it at all, but the more I ride it the more I like and come to appreciate it. But again, they shouldn't have stuck "Nemesis" in the name, as it instantly draws comparisons with the original. Judge it on it's own merits, and it's quite a nice little ride.

^I quite like the fun, swoopy prelift through the fog and lights... :(
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^ Layout is awful. Totally unispired. If they would have taken a Batman clone, added it a prelift (and therefore making some adjustments) and theming they would have one of the best inverts out there. And probably for the same price (or even cheaper).
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

And how putting a clone is more inspired than an original layout? :p
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Because it's a great layout. I prefer a great layout that has been cloned a few times than an "original one" which is far worse.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

^^^I shall agree to disagree in that case ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeFeb 19th 2015 edited

I may try it once I finish my current project.

Batman Inferno coming in 2015... I'm being serious in case you had any doubt. I found a very accurate Batman blueprint the other day and wanted to use it...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Great, I like twists on real rides!

Oh BTW n7, great job, and that fourth picture has a realistic feeling to it, the colors, the depth, I don't know but I love looking at it.
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2015

Thanks for the awesome responses guys! Well, the project is done. I won't be uploading it as it isn't mine in the first place so I can't redistribute without permission of the author.

That said, here she is:

NEMESIS INFERNO: POV

And the glamour shots:

Big thanks to JBSCoasters for letting me do this - it was fun to work on a semi-accurate recreation!
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Absolutely beautiful!
    But the track can be improved, it's not so good..
    That 5th screen is just stunning! Time stopped for a few seconds there! ;-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorDonidia

I love the scenery, it looks perfect!

However...

I agree with nolimiters, the track could really do with some improvement.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778

I am astonished at the beauty of that n7! It's great. While yes the trackwork could use some work (although not your role :P) the scenery and terraforming, plus the use of your magnificent foliage tops it off nicely. Now I just wish the real life counterpart was as beautiful. :P
    • CommentAuthorsbdb2099
    • CommentTimeMar 3rd 2015 edited

I´m with Coaster-GEOFF...the 5th is fu***** beautiful...and the sixth....woah...

Haven´t seen the video...but it´s a real sight to look at.

edit: oh...and since i haven´t said anything to your other work...thanks for that. Really awesome contribution for the whole NL2 community.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Thanks guys, yeah - the trackwork isn't mine and it has some pumps but I didn't want to have to redo the supports (I did try to reshape the loop and the zero-g)...and have a snowball effect of work. Haha - my goal was to simply reshoot the ride and update some of the scenery.

Thanks for all the great comments!
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

in the 3rd to last and 4th you should probably take a look at the rail connectors again. looks like a great project!
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Lol, yup...that was fixed for the video, but I think the night shots are a bit old - thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTms_XD_15
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2015 edited

wow awesome recreation. but your zero - g looks a bit messed up i recommend to set the mode to -0,45 to get the zero - g like the real one.
    i used that on my new-gen-inverted coaster and it looks like this
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK

^How is it so hard to understand that he didn't make the track himself? EDIT: (Sorry wasn't meant to be rude)

Posted By: nSeven the trackwork isn't mine and it has some pumps but I didn't want to have to redo the supports (I did try to reshape the loop and the zero-g)...and have a snowball effect of work. Haha - my goal was to simply reshoot the ride and update some of the scenery.

@nSeven: Beautiful what you have made out of this. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorTms_XD_15

ouh... ok i´m sorry i haven´t read the complete thread^^
    i have there a question. what are your enviroment settings? that enviroment looks awesome and i want that too (i´m sorry if i have some mistakes. i´m german and still at school)
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeMar 4th 2015

It's not a problem Tms, but yeah like RK said - this wasn't my original track. I did actually take a look at a good gopro POV of the ride and ...yeah there are issues with my trackwork. However if you look at CodeMaster's Nemesis Inferno recent recreation, you can see that the old school B&Ms didn't have those wide zero-g rolls. They're almost like a flattened out airtime hill with a twist.

You should check his project out - he was able to procure actual blueprints for the site so his recreation is pretty spot on.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^ While Nemesis Inferno's 0G roll isn't as parabolic as the new school ones (like Banshee's), it isn't an old school one. It's in the middle, B&M's transition from one style to another.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Wouldn't you agree that's a plateau? If anything it looks flatter than the old Batmans:

•  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Oh, I ain't saying it isn't a plateau, I'm saying it isn't an old school one. Banking is way more aggressive in Batman. I wouldn't assure it is flatter than Batman's though, I can't find a good front picture.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Wow! It's amazing how a change of environment and addition of more foliage improves an already good ride - I'd love if the real version of Inferno was more like that, it's fantastic. Excellent work nSeven!
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

no its an inclined barrel roll XD