Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorCraZHadder
    • CommentTimeJun 15th 2016 edited

Did more work today around Raptor. For the most part it is done, aside from the areas of the coaster that
    scatter into the rest of the park. Just a few shots to show what I have done so far.

Path going around the entrance to the ride

Looking outside the station from the inside queue. Almost everything you see out this window is made from supports.

Launch section
    • CommentTimeJun 18th 2016

Finished working on Raptor. Here are some final images. On to the next project.

• CommentTimeJun 20th 2016

Here's the POV for Raptor, for those wanting to see it. Feel free to leave a comment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8rutJrETO4
    Not gonna lie, I didn't really like it. Layout was ok, the scenery and car textures are great, but the shaping, supporting, transitions, and strict nodes need some improvement.
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2016

I am new to Blender and created my first object. Right now I am having an issue with exporting the .dae file with the attached textures I have in Blender. I've ticked the boxes in the export window to include the textures. Is there a step I am missing before exporting, that should be done with the textures?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2016 edited

May I refer you to This post and the posts a few hours before, since there's a discussion about exactly that ongoing currently. ;-)
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeJun 30th 2016 edited

Or maybe two questions: Do your models having UV maps / Did you UV unwrap your model? And do you use blender render or blender cycles? Maybe a picture or so would be helpful ;)
    If you export the model with blender render, the textures should be visible. If you are using blender cycles, you need to add a "Image Texture Node" or you can also bake your textures (Diffuse, Normal, Ambient Occlusion, etc.), safe them seperatly and apply them in No Limits 2 via .nl2mat.

Here is an example:

Blender Render:

You need to assign a material to your object. Than on the right side panel, go to textures and load the texure (into the created material).
    You have to load the texture alo into the "UV Map Editor" window.

NL2 result:

Blender Cycles:

Blender Cycles is using nodes. You have to enable those in the texture tab (on the ride side under surface) ... click on "use nodes".
    Than go to the node editor and add a "Image Texture" Node and load (or choose) your texture in. At least you have to connect the output into the diffuse input.
    Done.

NL2 result:
    Works as same as above. =)

Of course you can do MUCH more in Blender. Especially if you get into the nodes and how they work. And it´s also better to apply a nl2 material to your objects, because of the possibilities of NL2.
    But if you just want to apply textures, that´s the way.

I hope that helps.

Edit:
    I recommand to start simple. If you just want some textures, use the internal blender render.
    I think, if you having fun with it, you will expand your knowledge and use the cycle nodes as well =)
    But for basic texturing, baking textures and so on, the internal blender render is a great start.