Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorCoasterGuy
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2015

I want to start this thread with a question: does anyone know anything about the status of Entropy's Newton 3.0? Is it still being developed or has he given it up? The last video he has uploaded on his YouTube channel was from 1 year ago. From the looks of his videos it appeared that he was pretty far along in development. And it has been years since he supposedly started work on Newton 3.0. Does anyone know anything?
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Ask the maker...

Posted By: nolimitersAsk the maker...

I did, in fact that is the reason I started this thread. I have left comments on three of Entropy's videos and even directly messaged him through his channel. No response at all. This was all over the course of about a year, and from what I can tell there has been no activity. Hopefully he's still working on it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

Have you whispered him on any NLE forums?

Posted By: MorganFanHave you whispered him on any NLE forums?

Does he have an account here?
    • CommentAuthorDBonner13

^Yes, he does, but it hasn't been active since 2011.

Posted By: DBonner13^Yes, he does, but it hasn't been active since 2011.

Hmm... Yea I see his account. Do you guys think that he gave the project up?
    So long no activity... I think he gave up.
    I'll bite. What's wrong with FVD++ exactly?
    >2015
    >not using fvd

I'll be the first to admit it took some adjusting but overall it's well worth the effort. Really the only thing FVD is missing from Newton is direct roll control instead of the two options it has now. Other than that it's much easier yet more advanced on a multitude of fronts. Although, if entropy happened to still be making Newton 3 I would still be interested to see what he would put out. Perhaps he saw FVD's development and decided that Lenny was doing a good enough job to where he shouldn't bother rewriting his own. Plus, I'm sure he was writing for NL1 beforehand so whatever he has now is probably even more out of date.

I think for the time being it's safe to say the project is dead. On his YouTube the only thing he showed off was a new rendering engine - nothing on the tool itself.
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2015 edited

^ That really stinks if its true, but I do agree that newton 2 is already a fulfilling tool as it is. Like you said, I really just wanted to see what he would improve on. It's funny though, seemed like Entropy has just vanished all of a sudden. I mean if the project were really dead wouldn't it make sense to tell you subscriber base? This is why I'm not really sure what's going on.
    He probably just lost interest in it or forgot about it. The only times I really saw him on the forums was when Newton 2 debuted, after that he didn't really visit or communicate much. So he's "disappeared" for quite a while now.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2015

FVD is basically the new Newton, it does everything Newton does but better.
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2015 edited

^ Yea. But I was just hype for newton 3 as I'm sure many of you guys were.