Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

HI!

So if you have seen in the Post Your 3D models thread, you will see that I have made this:

A entrance plaza for a park called "Kings Berry" (Btw, like the font? It's what Cedar Fair uses ;D).

Well, I think it's time I made a thread for this park. This park is a Cedar Fair park (obviously) and will include 3 B&M's, 1 Intamin, 2 Arrow, and 1 RMC. This will be a tough task to undertake, but I am hopeful I will complete those coasters. Right now I have 2/7 coasters on the park (Both B&M). This is my first park with major 3ds! Woohoo!

Bird of Prey, my B&M Wing coaster will be featured in this park, and so as an unnamed B&M Invert that I will import in later updates.

Right now, I will show the parks most popular coaster, Blitz. This is a B&M Giga that is 321.123 feet high (hehehe), and 7219.83 feet long. This coaster is B&M's longest coaster yet. When you critique the coaster, please critique the parts that aren't supported, as it would be very hard to re-support the supported areas, especially the lift and drop. Pics below:

See ya next update!

~Toilet
    If it's a Cedar Fair park doesn't the I always have a flag over it instead of a dot.
    ^IT does, I just found the generic font. The I is made by Cedar Fair, only for Cedar Fair. It's the best I could've found.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeMar 21st 2015

So just model a flag over the I...

Also, I'm not too big on the name. King's Berry? Does the king have a special berry or something?
    ^the name derives from an old berry farm (NOT KNOTTS LOL) where the park stands.
    Yeah honestly that's a really dumb sounding name, it was my first thought when i looked at the thread. Also the dot on the i is floating :x
    ^I am fixing it right now.

EDIT: Taking name suggestions for this park now.
    • CommentTimeMar 22nd 2015

Call it call it __________ Berry Farm then, because Kings Berry doesn't sound like a theme park at all. I'd ditch the "Kings" word altogether, especially since you already have the "Berry" from KBF.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I liked the name actually, but then again I'm not native english, so berry doesn't sound like the fruit.

What about KingsRCT3? Hehehe.
    This name will not be the official chosen name, but I think I might've found one.

Brooks Berry Farm.

Please tell me if you like the name or not, if not then please give me another name. Thanks!
    I have gotten started with the RMC (Used to be GCI but I changed it, I can't custom support wooden coasters so I won't custom support this RMC.. Sorry).

This RMC will have a unique serpentine spiral drop.

BTW: Any names for the park and RMC? Really like to know...

That's all for now, see ya next update!

~Toilet
    I have edited the ticket building:

Made ticket holes, and borders of the windows.

Made the white thing extended to this wall, and the door have a little bit of an inside border thing (?).

Still looking for name suggestions... :/

See ya next update!

~Toilet
    This looks great! though I would recommend a brighter env. also the giga's supports could use some work...
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

love this project, i agree with chicken though, supports could use some work^
    ^I don't see where the supports need work, could you point out the element please? :)
    EDIT: nvm
    There shouldn't be two horizontal bars on the lift
    ^Thanks! Fixing that now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I also suggest reducing their size a bit. ;) Otherwise, the giga seems pretty well shaped, and the RMC definitely sounds promising (I hear you on custom supporting, haha!). Keep up the good work toilet!
    Changed the size of the lift supports, and credit to intim305 for the amazing WindSeeker sign! Thanks!

View of updated supports. Looks better?

If you can't tell, I have completed supports on the airtime hill.

Thanks intim305! WindSeeker looks really nice now.

I think we can (Probably) agree the new name is now Brooks Berry Farm.

See ya next update!

~Toilet
    so much better now! On the sense objects, make sure you have 'fix ambient materials' on. It makes it so they are not that dark. Also would recommend changing the path texture. I like it, but it seams too...not cedar fair ish. LOVE the colors on that giga though! Good work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ Agree on the path texture, it has the feel of a local rural park, haha. Supports are also better that way, indeed.

And I see you used the Eurofighter track for the fence... Clever and the result is perfect!
    ^^Actually I already have them on, it's just the environment's shadow colors are REALLY dark, almost to black.

^Thanks. I really didn't want to model fencing so I just used the track for the euro-fighter xD

^^,^I will also change the path texture soon, but I can't find anything Cedar Fair-esque so if you guys have any path textures I would gladly use them. :D

----------------------------------

What could this be...?

•  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Intamin accelerator :)
    a Support.
    ^OHHHHHHMAIGODDDDDDDDDDD 8/8 YOU SOLVED IT M8 YOU GET THE PARK OHMAIGOD OH BABY OHMAIGOD

no.
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305

a support that you put there to distract viewers from the wingrider in the background?
    ^Kind of.
    an INTAMIN support
    Something else is brewing...

man, that track gets delivered FAST!
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeMar 23rd 2015

now an invert? looking cool
    Little test for the sign of Blitz (WIP):

See ya next update!

~Toilet
    totally blows my fake looking sign away
    'Blitz' and 'The Need for Speed' don't really go well together, especially when you look up the definitions of the word blitz.
    • CommentTimeMar 25th 2015

Lightning: Ride at the Speed of Snails
    TheBeatles that sounds more for a kiddy coaster ;)

I like the name but Need For Speed... not so good I think. But yeah, it's up to you :)
    ^^^Thanks for the info. I'll rework the sign soon, as now I am looking for names to replace Blitz.

Any good names that go well with a sci-fi or modern is needed for replacing the name Blitz!

*NO NAMES THAT ARE [ADJ] [NUMBER] PLEASE!*

The Demonator

-borrowed from Mystic Mountain
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

^Yas.

I loved Drake and Josh.
    This park looks amazing! Can't wait to see more.
    ^Thanks!

It's time to finally update this thread. I have gotten a lot of supports done on Bird of Prey. Pics below:

See ya next update!

~Toilet
    Bird of Prey has been uploaded! Enjoy your flight!

Download
    Drop a rate after riding! :D
    great! I will download and rate ASAP.
    I wasn't happy with the first park, so I am now restarting fresh.. Here is what I have now:

The ride that is only returning to this park is Bird Of Prey.

PS: The blue B&M isn't a giga. ;)
    • CommentTimeApr 19th 2015

So who is the Brooks family? Why did they have a berry farm? How did the berry farm turn into a theme park?

A cute backstory would be cool!
    ^I was thinking about that.. I just can't think up of a good backstory to the park. xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorowen9h10
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2015

This has to be one of the best looking parks I've seen yet!
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2015

I'm liking the look of that entrance area, very Cedar Fair like. And that Windseeker being slap bang in the middle is a very good way to add a focal point to the guests first view of the park. I think some of the ride areas such as around Bird of Prey could use with some more interesting terrain topography just to break things up and make it look a bit less uniform but aside from that, looking forward to more. :-)

Re-doing it again!