Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

I know there's been a lot of hype going around about Cannibal opening up in Lagoon, but I wanted to try my hand at an official recreation with another coaster in the park, one of my personal favorites: Wicked. It's a one of a kind Zierer launch coaster that's small in size but packs a lot of punch (ranks as one of the coasters with the highest G-forces in the world: 4.8!)

Because I am a university student, progress will probably be slow with this guy, but I've already made some good headway. I've got a rough outline of the track so far, and the overall length is only off by 20 feet, which I'm fairly proud of. A LOT still has to be done, however. Basically, everything after the second halfpipe element I will probably redo. Once the layout is comletely done I will add CodeMaster's Zierer cars to the track so its accurate. I'll also include progress that I make for the 3DS scenery, as I'll be making the station, queue, launch and trim sections custom. Comment and criticize as necessary.

To Start things off:

the launch hill (yes I made sure to include two separate launch blocks, one horizontal and one vertical)

A shot of the tower supports

The Airtime hill immediately after the tower

The overbanked turn

The Zero-G Roll

Alternate shot of the Zero-G Roll

Half-Pipe portion

Side View

Top View

From RCDB
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2015

If that overlay is accurate, then you might need to work on the half-pipe section a tad more to get the shaping down pat. How do the lengths of the two compare?
    Nice! You should use my Zierer trains for this to make it extra realistic
    Posted By: BrawlyIf that overlay is accurate, then you might need to work on the half-pipe section a tad more to get the shaping down pat. How do the lengths of the two compare?

The overlay seems *mostly* accurate, but I am taking into account the weird angle in which the picture was taken. I'm mostly using the POV and google maps images to make it as accurate as possible. Oh how I wish I could have an official layout image. Like I said, I do have to work on the shaping in and after the half-pipe section, which is my next step. As for length comparisons, the real one is 2050ft long, and mine is 2075 feet. I'm not that far off.

Posted By: TheCodeMasterNice! You should use my Zierer trains for this to make it extra realistic

I plan on it! They are what inspired me to pursue the project!
    •  
      CommentAuthorknexrule11
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2015

That zero G roll looks dead on! I've had that as my phone background for over a year now, looks the same as the real ride. Nice work man, continue.
    I wanted to give you guys some progress with this project and hopefully get some more eyes on it. So, here's a side-by-side POV of the real ride and my version. There are some parts that need to be changed, I recognize that. The launch's timing and acceleration is all wrong, and the banking's a bit weird in some places. Once I finish the layout I'll post stats. But, as it stands, the real coaster is 2050 ft long and mine is 2032 ft long, which I'm pretty proud of.

The link for the POV is here
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2015

That's pretty good actually. The half pipe section could use a tiny bit of work, but it's really close.
    Posted By: knexrule11That zero G roll looks dead on! I've had that as my phone background for over a year now, looks the same as the real ride. Nice work man, continue.

I actually have to disagree... The banking looks to drawn out on the entrance and exit. And on the exit it never reaches full 0 degree banking... Not looking at a picture right now I suppose but from my experience with lagoon being my local park and from my experience riding it

Edit: so basically make the roll start and end more abruptly and not at 0 degrees and start the roll later in the hill and finish it sooner
    I actually have to disagree... The banking looks to drawn out on the entrance and exit. And on the exit it never reaches full 0 degree banking... Not looking at a picture right now I suppose but from my experience with lagoon being my local park and from my experience riding it

Edit: so basically make the roll start and end more abruptly and not at 0 degrees and start the roll later in the hill and finish it sooner

I agree the roll isn't EXACTLY right, but no major changes are needed. Look at my pov comparison for the roll, and its pretty much dead on. The exit isn't quite right though...
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeApr 4th 2015

You need more work in your transitions, but timing looks spot on. Keep it up!