Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hey guys!

After my successful release of Bird of Prey, I have started a new coaster. This will be (obviously) a B&M Giga Coaster heavily inspired by Fury 325. I'm making this as a little celebration of my long awaited Platinum Passes to arrive without me knowing. Anyways, here ya' go nerds:

See ya next update!

~Toilet
    the drop looks great! IDK about the grass texture though...
    ^Grass texture is only temporary.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeApr 10th 2015

Nope, the drop shaping us wrong. You're shaping it like an hyper, and those are quite different than gigas. Take a look at shambhala's drop and the at Fury's drop.
    I don't think that necessarily means it's wrong. They're drops from the same company, and there isn't a big sample size of giga coaster drops. There also isn't a long time between them...Shambhala and Leviathan both opened the same year. I think within reason he's ok with a drop that emulates either of those two styles, or something different that has characteristics of a B&M but doesn't follow the norm. If everything had to be the same, then Nitro's drop would be like AC/RB, Behemoth like Nitro, and Leviathan/Fury like Behemoth.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

I think it looks alright. Maybe it looks varied because it's so much steeper than any current Giga's drop, but the shaping itself looks fine.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

But in gigas it also has to do with the support system. With a drop like that the bottom support is in a wider angle, worse for working effectively , and also the spine is less resistent itself (as the arch at the top has a bigger radious).
    Seems like some valid observations.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

I think that having a near-vertical support at the end of the drop would prove to be more structurally sound then one at a more acute angle with respect to the ground. I agree with the claim of the crest radius, but the support being near vertical wouldn't hinder its efficiency.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeApr 11th 2015

^ I don't mean that one. You're talking about the spine support, aren't you? I mean the one before. You're going to get more steepness in your drop with Fury's style drop than Shambhala's style, which would help to the steepness of the spine support.
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Ahh yes I see what you're saying now.
    I'm sorry, I have no clue what you guys are saying.. Could you show me a pic where?
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

Screenshot 2015 04 01 17 01 39

You can see it there. Hypers drop switch to negative Gs very gradually, while Gigas do it more abruptly. Yours looks right in the middle of the two.