Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

-This is my thread for all of my construction and upcoming rides-

A while back I was thinking about how great it would be to have a 370+ foot giga in real life, but I realized that would probably never happen because it would cost SO much for the ultra high supports and the towering elements that it would have. Then I had an Idea - Why not build my own giga that hugged the natural terrain so that the elements would be tall, but they wouldn't be too high off the ground. It would lower the material and construction costs and create an interesting ride! Because of that idea, this ride was born. The Coaster has a ~375 foot drop, but it never reaches more than 240 ft off of the ground. The trackwork is final (I used FVD++) and I have started supporting at this point.

My naming skills are terrible so I would appreciate suggestions for names XD

Here are some artsy pictures (I don't want to reveal too much of the layout quite yet)

Feel free to provide feedback :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2015

Your brake run is way too steep.
    The brake run that is shown in the pictures is the MCBR, and it is actually -0.141° steep so I'm not really sure what you are talking about.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeApr 20th 2015

It's pretty much parallel with the horizon. How is that steep?

I'm intrigued how far that drop disappears into the valley!
    How bout' monstrosity? (currently my fav word)
    Looks great!
    @sprog: Oh it goes down pretty far... I can tell you that much XD
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2015 edited

Posted By: thecoasterman589actually -0.141° steep
    I hate to say it, but B&M's MCBRs tend to be inclined at an angle of about 6°, so yours is far too shallow. The trains should be able to move forward once the brakes are disabled, as far as I know the angle to make this happen has to be at least 1.5-2°.

Furthermore, the connected supports on the MCBR aren't ususally done by B&M - which doesn't mean you can't do them, but it makes the coaster look more unrealistic (and probably more unstable) if you ask me.

Other than that, I really dig the idea of a terrain-hugging giga. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeApr 21st 2015

^ Yeah, that won't work without friction wheels. I'd say 2° minimum, although I usually angle them between 3 and 10, depending on the coaster.

You don't need to use A frames if you can't place them. Take a look at Fury, one of it's tallest supports is like this /|

Gradually, I will be releasing portions of the POV of my upcoming ride on to YouTube to build up the excitement. This is part one of the teaser POV's

-Statistics-

Drop Height - 375 ft / 114 m

Max Speed - 104 Mph

Length - 6969 ft / 2124 m

It has been officially named Hejdlöst, which means wild, violent and uncontrollable in Swedish (i'm no Swedish expert, I just used translate)

Get ready to be teased ;)

Hejdlöst Teaser POV (Pt. 1)

It means unstoppable. Yes I'm Swedish:)
    Haha oops. I guess you can never trust translate XD
    Still a good name ;)
    I like the name too :)

Hopefully my second teaser POV will be finished soon.

In the meantime, I'll just leave this here...

starting to look nice!
    Looks good ;D
    What is it with B&M Gigas around here eith unpronouncable names?

Haha idk why so many are popping up now. I actually have wanted to name a ride Hejdlöst for a pretty long time though, so it's not like i'm trying to jump on a bandwagon or anything XD.

Also, Hejdlöst doesn't actually seem hard to pronounce (this is coming from an English speaker, I have no Swedish experience)

^I'm assuming it's pronounced "hedge-lost"?
    ^ Probably "heyd-lost".

Looks fantastic!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2015

Seems easier than Hrasevelglegre
    The second teaser POV is out! In this one, I really focused on the terrain and scenery just as much as the supporting and trackwork. For the rocks, I used TheCodeMaster's rock pack.

Hejdlöst Teaser POV - Pt. 2
    ^looks very smooth
    Yummy. This eye ... nah I won't go deeper into it lol.

Back to the coaster. It was simply one amazing bit of track there!
    Just so you know I'm not dead, just busy. I made third third teaser a while ago but I never really got around to posting it here so here you go

Hejdlöst Teaser POV - Pt. 3

I promise that that release isn't too very far away. I can also say that all trackwork and supporting is finished and most scenery is finished, so I just have to do a bit of tweaking before it is ready. Here's a little picture of the queue

I present to you... Ventus

This ride stared out as me just playing around with making an Intamin tophat, but then I decided what the heck, I'll make a full layout. I would actually consider this the best trackwork I have ever done, and I feel like it is a very good ride for only a few days work.

Here are some pics of the cartexture (this is my first time ever making one)

Ventus should be on the exchange by Monday, 12/14/15, but I can't make any promises.

Also, the release of Hejdlöst has been pushed back a bit, but Its for a good reason ;)

• CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015 edited

Do I recognise that logo from somewhere?
    https://gyazo.com/7f681e17356022583d4540de775f8364
    I do.
    • CommentAuthoriCoaster44
    • CommentTimeDec 14th 2015

Wait, I know this logo too..
     photo Ventus.jpg
    It's from the micro k'nex Ventus coaster made by ruben12268 :p

Ventus is now on the exchange! I hope you enjoy the ride

Download it here on the exchange and don't forget to rate!

Also, make sure to watch the 60fps POV video

Note: I did change the logo because the original was very similar to the examples @inkyz and @iCoaster44 provided. I hope I didn't offend anyone or anything :P

Sorry for the double post, but I would really appreciate it if someone dropped me a rate on the exchange. Currently, Ventus has no ratings and it has been out for nearly a week! Seeing what I did right and wrong really inspires me to create more coasters and most importantly, better coasters. Thanks!
    Hmm that's a bummer that nobody dropped you a rate man! I'll try to give it a download and rate when I get back form the holidays. :)
    I am pretty happy with my NLT round 1 entry, Valkyrie. It's a hybrid between an RMC and a b&m, and has some pretty cool elements including a wave turn into a zero-g-roll. Should I post a POV video on my youtube?

^Woah, that looks like a really fun ride!
    While I have always wanted to tackle the challenge of building a full park in NL2, I never actually have. Since I am not the best at modeling, right now I'm sticking to a smaller kind of park where the amount of buildings and paths will be at a minimum. My aim for this park is to be very compact and have a grona lund kind of feel to it, with many smaller but thrilling rides in a compact space. So far I have a intamin tophat heavily inspired by new gen intamin shaping (but it's only about 170 feet tall) and a mini b&m floorless. I intend to have some other coasters including a woodie, and some flat rides in the park, but I would also love suggestions regarding what kind of coasters I should build.

u should change the floorless trains to b&m hyper trains...just a suggestion
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2016

^why?
    ^There's no inversions, no needs for OTSRs
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

^*cough* Kingda Ka *cough* Rita *cough* (who needs OTSRs anyway?)

I do agree however, having only lapbars should make that layout more fun than it already is.

On another note, maybe you could reduce the length of the Intamin train a bit, too? Six cars are quite heavy, the acceleration might be lower than usual.
    •  
      CommentAuthorRobotnik
    • CommentTimeMay 5th 2016 edited

2^Seconded. The ride would look better as a Schwarzkopf Classic, too.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBasilisk

Those supports are imho a bigger problem.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: TheBeatles^There's no inversions, no needs for OTSRs

That sounds GPish. x)
    Looking at the layout, I think it would be nice (also a little different) with the lap bars. That first little over bank may be a little tight, though.
    @baadrix, @KingRCT3, before recent years, OSTRs were generally reserved for rides with inversions. I'm not saying this is some sort of concrete rule that cannot be broken. No need to crack down with the Hammer of Coaster Knowledge™.
    Just so you guys know the layout of the floorless is NOT final. In fact, I have two or three diffrent layouts I am tinkering with right now, and I am actually leaning towards one that has a corkscrew. Even I it didn't have a corkscrew, I would still use the floorless style because it rides like a floorless, and you don't get the same "floorless" sensation I am aiming for with hyper trains. If there was an such thing as a floorless train with lapbars, sure, I would probably use it.

On a different note I'm kind of embarrassed I didn't notice those terrible supports on the right side of the tophat XD. I don't know how i didn't notice that the beam that the supports were connected to wasn't aligned with the track at all. Anyway, they are fixed now.
    Posted By: TheBeatlesHammer of Coaster Knowledge™.

Possibly the best thing I've seen on this site in my short time here.

Since my original tophat coaster looked lopsided and the rolling looked weird and gross, I decided to re-do it (Old is on the right, new is on the left). Although it might seem like a very small difference, it took 3 hours and at least 6 or 7 drafts in FVD++ for me to be satisfied with the shaping (I am a perfectionist if you haven't realized it yet XD). Also you can see a bit of the new layout I am trying out for the floorless that has a corkscrew over the launch. Here is a POV of the new version so you can see how it rides

•  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2016

Still wrong, I'm afraid (I've spent too many hours on Stealth, I hope I would know xD). Make the very top of the top hat start right at the end of the twist.

After nearly two years in the making, I can finally say that Hejdlöst is DONE! If you could go download and rate it that would be awesome. I hope you enjoy it, and get ready for bigger and better things in the future.

DOWNLOAD

• CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2016 edited

I'm gonna miss this project...this was an absolute joy to work with and one of my favorites to film.
    This was beautiful to watch and the terrain interaction was heavenly. Great work, you two!