Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorNeity
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2015 edited

Hawk is a wooden coaster from an unknown company which is the property of the park where the coaster is located.
    Hawk stands almost 80 fts (24m).The ride also features a turn banked up to 90° and over 2000 feet (610 m) of track.

I'm sorry with this very basic summary. But i'm french and quite uneasy with english... (don't hesitate to correct me if I make a mistake)
    But this is the most important part.. PICTURES !

I'm waiting for your advices and critics ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorhappyman
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2015

I really like the fourth picture.
    This, my friend, looks like an RMC. A really really cool RMC.
    Custom station and queue look great, layout looks fun too should be some decent airtime there. Nice to see people making coasters that don't imitate a particular manufacturer, although i think i see some RMC inspiration there. Overall looks pretty good, id like to see an overview of the layout.
    •  
      CommentAuthorJAMMYD778
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2015

Loved the look of this on Twitter so am really glad to see a thread for it! Looks like a really RMC layout. Can't wait to see more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjustinwzig
    • CommentTimeApr 24th 2015 edited

w o w.
    Oh. My. Goodness.

That's hot.
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2015

Hang on a minute, I need to get my jaw of my desk...

Right then. This, sir, is sexy. I'm assuming that this isn't done, but please put wooden picket fences on the paths.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeApr 25th 2015

Awesome job! That queue looks really pretty, as do the coaster. Just a little detail, I would change the inside of the station roof. But I'm looking forward to this. Great job!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2015

I really appreciate the attention to detail. The custom station looks fantastic!
    • CommentAuthorNeity
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2015

thanks you for your comments. I present today a -not so- little project :)!
    This is Osprey, a B&M Inverted Coaster.

Nice work with the surroundings for both coasters. I'm especially fond of osprey and the bold colors. It has a pretty good skyline as well with the cobra roll framing one end and the station framing the other. I'miss also interested in seeing an overview of the rmc
    • CommentAuthorNeity
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2015 edited

In the same park of Osprey there is an other big coaster : Iron BigFoot. A RMC refurbishment of an old Wooden.

• CommentAuthorWayne
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2015

Wow amazing looking. How did you get that wooden/steel coaster? Just a custom made one?
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2015

This park looks better and better - Those screenshots are fantastic! Certainly looks like a fun and action-packed layout, can we get some wider shots?
    • CommentAuthorNeity
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2015 edited

Hello everyone :) !

Finally because I have neither the time nor the powerful enough Computer, I won't release a video for River Island, and therefore Osprey and Iron BigFoot. However I am happy to make them available for download on the Workshop!

I would be very glad if someone would like to do a video of the coaster ! You just have to credits me ;).

Here is the address where you will find the download link for the Park: https://mega.nz/#!YoswnCoI!PqWlmE5Mo8vnSaM3BnVz7c0NyPkpesJMyOsLlAOsvbk
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2015

There are some warnings and errors in your package, perhaps you can look into it.

• CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeNov 8th 2015 edited

Salvia is a broken asset from myself - that's my bad. :)

BTW - dibs on this video....others can certainly make a video, but I adore this park and want to dress it up a bit!
    • CommentAuthorNeity
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2015

Hello !

I have to work now on the Intamin Aquatrax train, and on the queue line (to add some elements which will explain the storyline).
    I hope you like it :) !
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2015

That looks astounding. Any chance of a layout picture?
    Only just seen this thread - amazing work.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJan 1st 2016

This is really nice so far! I'm personally in love with the whole aquatrax idea in the first place (attempted a few in the past) so this will be a pretty neat ride to see finished! Can't wait to see more.
    • CommentAuthorNeity
    • CommentTimeJan 10th 2016

Thanks

THE WINTER GUARD is OUT !

(click on the picture to see the video)

I hope you'll enjoy the video :D !
    And please give me your thoughts :)

That is amazing! Keep up the good work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

Wow, I'll do a more extended comment on this later, but the combination between the music and the openingshots were just amazing! The harry potter like name opening was just marvelous to watch. I'll surely get back on this later ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ Yep, the coaster was really nice (the scenery a bit oversized, tho, that's a bummer), but the editing of the video was what I enjoyed the most! Even tho I felt like a long, end credit scene for the most of it, it was well-done.

Bien joué Bastien !
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

So, I had to change to look at the ride for a few more times and I am still very much impresed by the ideas shown in this ride. The opening of the video had a perfect combination between angles of shots and music. The onride was really nice, I would have prefered to see a bit more of the car maybe. The lay-out was nice, had a good start with some good turns and good airtime moments. The turns were a nice thing to, altough it felt like it lost pacing at the end. I'm not sure, but maybe the part before the brakes should have been a bit lower to keep pacing.

The scenery was kind of two sided. The idea of what you were trying to do was clearly visible. The size of it however was to big. This is no problem on the larger shots (although the huge windows on the left pushes if), but up close it didn't work out. I know it's really hard to make everything fit when you make a ride like this, but the size took away a fair amount of the experience. Another thing to watch is the use of textures. The texture you used for the main part of the castle was very repetitive, which showed very clearly on the wide shots. Also the combination of textures didn't always work, it was as if there was to much contrast in them. Last point is that I would have loved to have somthing on the inside other than black. It's no problem because the ride was mostly about the coaster experience, but since it looked like you draw inspiration from Atlantis Adventure I would sugest looking at what they did with it.

Overal, this ride was realy realy nicecly put together. It had a nice theme, great video and I think that with time you're going to surprise us with you rides. Well done!
    ^Perfect ;)
    The only problem i have is.... those cars are WAAAAYYY TO SMALL.. WAY.
    ^ this. WAY.

lol.
    ^^ Yep. Cars look like toys on that track...

Nonetheless i really like what you did! Solid scenery and layout!
    • CommentAuthorNeity
    • CommentTimeFeb 21st 2016 edited

Overall, thank you for all the nice and supportive comments!
    Thank you Zingo! You really help me to point out the different mistakes I did. This Will help me for my next creations!

It's time for me to show you my new creation which is a big RMC terrain coaster !

Here are a couple of WIP pictures to give you more easily an idea of the layout !

Can't wait to read your thought about this new project !
    • CommentAuthorBlaseRhine
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2016

This looks absolutely fantastic! I am really loving that layout!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrBassdirt
    • CommentTimeFeb 23rd 2016 edited

^ Yeah this looks like an awesome ride with some awesome terrain interaction (which is a huge plus for me cuz I love that). Can't wait to see your station area take form too.

There is just one thing I want to mention to be careful of however. From an engineering and construction standpoint, the slopes that your footings are on are quite steep (primarily in your 2nd picture). It would be very difficult to pour footings and work on such a slope without any grading. It's not impossible, but just keep that in mind when supporting your rides. Make sure to ask yourself "can a crew really get in here and work/pour footers on this slope?" Lightning Run at Dollywood is one example of this, due to it's terrain. It shows the that you can, indeed, support on some pretty wicked terrain, but there are also limitations.

These two images show some of the crazy limits that RMC is able to support on. Note however that it's pretty much sediment here:

Here, however, we can see some areas where grading was required:

On the left side of the image you can see that grading was required, although that's very possibly due to other reasons due to the shaping of the track, but probably also because the track is turning right here, and thus there will be a considerable force being pushed into the footers that is oriented down slope, so it was probably necessary to flatten the area so that the normal force points more into the earth. Idk though it could be a number of reasons. (I'm probably wrong)

On the other end of the spectrum, we have rides like Boulder Dash that really show how much you can push the limits with supports.

This is actually an awesome image. Notice on the left hand side, there appears to be a footer literally poured into a protruding boulder. It probably makes a great footing! XD (since the rock basically does what the concrete does)

And lastly, here is a ride that avoids the cliff face completely:

Many times, for steeper cliffs or slopes, this type of supporting is necessary.

Anyway, sorry for beating a dead horse and posting photos all over your thread; I just wanted to show some of the different situations in which wooden coasters are supported on. Basically: general rule of thumb is to steer clear of supporting on large cliff faces and just keep some of this stuff in mind as you support. There are, of course, always exceptions, but usually exceptions to general rules in engineering = $$$.

Again--the ride looks amazing.