Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorDecept
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2015 edited

Well you may or may not remember me.

If you were around when Coastersims was still kicking, then maybe you will. But I was last active there over 10 years ago. Man, ten years? Crazy...

Curious to know if Real, Phyter, Talonman, Jah_moon, BBspeed26, pkigoer, jfc1, Seuss or Coasterfreak are still active in the community? (anyone else I forgot to mention?)

---------------------------

Anyways, I finally got around to picking up NoLimits 2, and I wanted to give you all a look at my first foray into the next-gen sim. A lot of you will remember me for love of unconventional design and unique track shaping. I was curious to see how my skills had held up over the last 10 years, and it would appear that my interest in unique design still lingers. Also, I have to say that the editor in NoLimits 2 is rather incredible. I have had a blast getting reacquainted with the new design tools.

Without further ado, a preview of my NoLimits 2 debut:

R E P E A T E R

•  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2015

Hey, welcome back! While I cannot remember any of your rides, I definately remember your username. Yeah, there are some of us still around. I was out of the NL community myself for many years, but returned when NL2 was released.

I really like the look of your ride, looks really great!That first drop looks absolutely ridicilous, but in a good way. Also like the color scheme. I think maybe I would reduce the number of support flanges a little, looks a bit overkill at the moment. Otherwise its looking good, looking forward to see more. :)
    I was there as DCs221, and I am here now as DC High Heat. Hello!
    • CommentAuthorDecept
    • CommentTimeApr 27th 2015 edited

Posted By: viking86Hey, welcome back! While I cannot remember any of your rides, I definately remember your username. Yeah, there are some of us still around. I was out of the NL community myself for many years, but returned when NL2 was released.

I really like the look of your ride, looks really great!That first drop looks absolutely ridicilous, but in a good way. Also like the color scheme. I think maybe I would reduce the number of support flanges a little, looks a bit overkill at the moment. Otherwise its looking good, looking forward to see more. :)

I can't remember many of my rides either! :P

Though, for some reason Xero (the last major ride I worked on with Real) is still hosted here.

And yes, I agree with you on the flanges. Didn't really notice it until after I was putting together these screenshots :)

Posted By: DC High HeatI was there as DCs221, and I am here now as DC High Heat. Hello!

I certainly remember you! Great to see the same people are still kicking it around.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeApr 28th 2015

Hi and welcome to the NLE forums. Nice to meet an old stager. :)
    (I myself became a member here in January 2011, so you most likely don't know me, haha.)

Anyway, I have a soft spot for unique ride designs like yours. This coaster definitely seems to be exciting, the colours are pretty intersting as well. Is there a reason why you changed the style to what appears to be 2-tube track in some of the valleys? Looking forward to future updates! ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Welcome back, and also, welcome to the old guys club.

Ride looks great - first drop looks well sorted and there looks to be little pops of air in unexpected spots throughout the track. I'm particularly interested to see how you worked out shaping on that tiny little cobra roll (and the element that follows it) at the end.

•  
      CommentAuthorviking86

Oh, I remember Xero. Well, the name atleast, not the ride... :P
    Wow! great to see a returning person. I dont remember you because Im fairly new, but welcome back!

P.S. Cant wait for more on that coaster!
    welcome back. Even when I'm to new to remember you:)
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2015

Would have loved to be around during those years, but I wasn't, so nice to meet you :)

The coaster looks great, an interesting layout for sure, and I love the colors!
    • CommentAuthorDecept
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2015

Posted By: baadrixAnyway, I have a soft spot for unique ride designs like yours. This coaster definitely seems to be exciting, the colours are pretty intersting as well. Is there a reason why you changed the style to what appears to be 2-tube track in some of the valleys? Looking forward to future updates! ;)

Those are sections where there will be tunneling. I use that as a visual marker in the editor for now.
    • CommentAuthorDecept
    • CommentTimeApr 30th 2015

Posted By: BBSpeed26

Welcome back, and also, welcome to the old guys club.

Ride looks great - first drop looks well sorted and there looks to be little pops of air in unexpected spots throughout the track. I'm particularly interested to see how you worked out shaping on that tiny little cobra roll (and the element that follows it) at the end.

The cobra roll is the prefab one for now. I put it there as a placeholder, as I am not sure if I am going to keep the ride as-is after the MCBR.

As for the element after the cobra roll, it's a very quick overbank similar to something you'd see on Maverick or iSpeed. It's a pretty nasty little jolt of force that give the second half some unsuspecting payoff :)
    • CommentAuthorDecept
    • CommentTimeMay 1st 2015 edited

Posted By: Decept

I'm starting to entertain the idea of scrapping the second half of the ride. The hill after the MCBR peaks at just near -2 G's, which is awesome to me, but might not be seen by others in the same light.

Additionally, there is just too much energy left in the trains entering the second half. I feel like ditching the MCBR there and just adding more (larger) elements and maybe one more out-n-back rotation near the bulk of the layout may be a better option. Maybe THEN add an MCBR and have a more tedious end/route back to the station.

Thoughts?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeMay 2nd 2015

As the length is now, it probably doesn't need an MCBR, but maybe an added block before/after the station to increase capacity. If you want to add an MCBR, then your idea seems good to me. Scrub a bit more speed and utilize the energy, then create a tighter ending, perhaps one that focuses less on inversions and more on tight turns, hills and quick transitions. You could exit the MCBR with a near-vertical drop then keep it low to the ground, perhaps even going below ground level if you need just a bit more speed.
    • CommentAuthorDecept
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2015

An update to the layout. May have this run without an MCBR and have it mirror the pacing of Fahrenheit.

It looks cool although I would personally add an element that would give the layout a clearly-defined "finish". Maybe a small and quick overbank or bunny hop would be good. :)
    • CommentAuthorDecept
    • CommentTimeMay 4th 2015

Oh she's not done yet. Just got done with adding this, which occurs shortly after that flat roll:

Looks cool but without supports or really knowledge of anything else, to me it looks like it could use tri-rail track rather than quad. Also I'd shy away from varying colors on Intamin track, likely for manufacturing reasons. Many, including myself, don't think it looks as good anyways.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeMay 6th 2015

I think it looks fine. I like it actually.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Seconded.
    • CommentAuthorDecept

Posted By: MorganFanI think it looks fine. I like it actually.

Posted By: cheetahSeconded.

Talking about the color scheme?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

Yeah and the quad-spine.