Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorrockbely
    • CommentTimeMay 13th 2015

Hi all. I've been using No Limits for about three years and haven't really jumped into the community. You may have seen me post a couple times here and there but nothing major. I realized in order to get better, I need to jump right in. So finally decided to make a thread featuring my own work.
    This is what i'm currently working on. I'm thinking of calling it Copperhead. Keep in mind the layout isn't final.

I really like this stall over the final brake run and want to keep it, so if you have any suggestions or comments, please do so! :)
    I think the layout is really cool actually, very unique and not necessarily any one manufacturer's style. Its refreshing. However, I think its a bit distracting to have two-color track. When you add supports, it will be visually hard to look at. I'd suggest keeping all three track colors the same (like the gold-ish, tan-ish that you've got now) and then use the support color as contrast.

Just my two cents.
    i think you should replace the vert lift with a launch, and also, the entrance and length of the final break run need to be tweaked
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

I actually like this colour scheme, it might work really well with a neutral colour for the supports. Shaping looks pretty good as well, the exit of the final turn is a little weird indeed, though. Maybe try to unbank slightly after the track turns 180° near the ground and make a sharper turn (and "hop") into the final brake run to offer an even more exciting finale to your ride.
    Also be careful about the roll speed in that stall, both transitions seem to be quick, but maybe the speed is lower than I think it is.

Other than that, looking forward to the supports! :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrockbely

Posted By: COASTERGUY246i think you should replace the vert lift with a launch, and also, the entrance and length of the final break run need to be tweaked

Are you meaning a vertical launch or just a plain straight launch?

^ Thanks! I'm still working on that last transition into the brake run. And that roll speed is fairly slow.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Everything has been said, this is a promising project. Good luck. =)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrockbely
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2015

Hey guys, time for an update!
    So I've been busy lately and haven't had much time to work on this, but now that its summer I can really go through this.
    So far I've started on the basic layout of the scenery

Any questions comments and tips will be greatly appreciated!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2015

I like the pathways interacting with the track (or the other way round? :P). What do you have in mind for the lift hill supports?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrockbely
    • CommentTimeJun 6th 2015

^This is what I've started to work on for the lift,

I've never made a eurofighter before so i dont know if this is good or not... Here's another angle.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 7th 2015

Oh, I didn't know this was a Eurofighter. I've been under the impression this is your own style and therefore I thought you'd make a different support structure for the lift.

Anywho ... looks good so far anyway, I'd change the beams to rectangular ones, though. Maybe someone with more insight into the Eurofighter style could give you better feedback. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrockbely
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2015

Since my last update I've done a lot.

Firstly I've finished supports.

Added some plants,

Worked on the station.

Here's a view from the entrance I'm working on.

Any comments, questions, concerns are greatly appreciated.

Also, does anyone know where to get nice control panel textures?

here is a good control panel texture.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrockbely
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2015

^Thanks!