Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2015

Hello all.

So in about a month and a half my family will be travelling to California. Our flight goes into Vegas so we will be there for a few days, then we will head up to LA, then San Diego. We have two park plans and I really need your opinion on which is better. The only park set in stone is the Adventuredome in Vegas.

Option 1:
    Knott's: One day.
    SFMM: One day.
    Disney: 2 days (One at each park).

Option 2:
    Knott's: One day
    SFMM: 2 days.

I really want to visit Disney as I really want to ride CS and the Matterhorn, but I don't think SFMM can be done in one day. Knott's seems small enough to be able to do in one day.

Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJun 9th 2015 edited

SFMM can certainly be done in one day. What you do is get there before opening, then when you get in, walk up the Revolution exit and keep following it next to the station. Make a right when you get out of it, and you will be able to walk-on Tatsu at least twice. Then I'd say check out Apocalypse and Riddler's Revenge, those two have been one training for a while. X2 lines get shorter throughout the day, try going there near park closing. As for Twisted Colossus... it's gonna be >1 hour lines no matter when you get there. So I'd say knock out everything first and then get in the TC line right before closing.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015

^Thanks for the advice.

Well here's an update. It seems as if option 2 is happening. We will be staying at Knott's hotel for one night and will also be getting fast lane passes so I can marathon Xcelerator for a few hours. SFMM will be two days so I can get as much as possible in one day then finish up the park and do re-rides the next day.

One question about SFMM: is Revolution worth the ride with the OTSR's?

Hopefully I can get around to doing a TR this time around.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015 edited

Ride revolution in the second to last row and you should barely have to brace yourself at all.

Also, do you know the 5th car trick for Viper?
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

^The trick is, ride in the fifth row.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Except that the fifth row is not the fifth car. Fifth car, front row, keep your head forward the entire ride and you'll be fine.
    • CommentAuthorA113

Actually, newfound advice regarding Twisted Colossus.. take the single rider line. Two rides in less than 20 minutes.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Really? Single rider doesn't work on any other ride. Good to know though.
    Yeah i did it as well with 3 other people and we got on in 20 mins
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Thanks. I will take all of this advice!

So how is FT's capacity?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Pretty good. Usually if the queue is half full its 30 mins, full 1 hour.
    •  
      CommentAuthorvdveen

I'm planning to do SFMM 1 day in July. If I want to get as much rides on a day as I can, is it worth it to buy a Flash pass?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Yes, especially in July.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBirdNerd

I went to SFMM on July 3rd last year, and it was pretty crowded in both the theme park and water park! Even though it was something like 90+ degrees Fahrenheit outside all day long, it didn't seem to stop anybody from going LOL! Yes, I would highly advise you to buy the flash pass, I got the platinum one and got on all of their roller coasters except for six of them, which were broken that day.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I'm going 2 days to SFMM and I bought a flash pass for KBF.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2015

Sorry for the bump but here is an updated list of parks I will be visiting:

Adventuredome
    Not exactly a park but I will be doing the rides on the Stratosphere Tower
    Knott's (1 day with Fast Lane)
    SFMM (1 day with Platinum Flash Pass)

I'm leaving this Saturday!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2015

Thanks for the advice on where to ride guys! I had a great time at SFMM and got on everything but Batman and Lex Luthor which was closed all day and the Superman side of Superman.

I am going to Knott's this Tuesday so any advice would be appreciated.

Full TR coming in 2 weeks.
    I may have some advice for your Knotts trip since I work there.

You should be good with fastlane. Ghostrider's line is usually 25 minutes to 1 hour all day. I know because I'm a ride operator for Ghostrider. Xcelerator can have very long lines all day because of the one train operation. It gets even longer for the front. Silver Bullet's line fluctuates throughout the day. Zoom and Jaguar never ever have a wait. La Revolucion actually does get a little longer wait, and since there is no fastlane for that ride (I know, I used to operate that ride as well) you should ride it early in the morning. Pony is never more than 25 minutes. Iron Reef's line is an hour if the line goes down the stairs. If you have a platinum pass, Camp Snoopy and Fiesta Village open up at 9:30. Either Bullet or Ghost will open also for ERT (Im not sure which one it will be.) And like with any other park, all the lines close exactly at 10, so be sure to get in line for a ride before 10 because we are pretty strict on that rule.

I hope any of the information helps you out on your Knotts trip and I hope you have a great day at Knotts! :p
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2015 edited

Honestly, Fast Lane is your best bet. At this time of year, nothing will be empty. For Ghostrider, wait a little bit extra for the back car. Ride in the front row of the back car for some of the best airtime in the state. The wait for the front on Xcelerator may look shorter than the others, but it will take twice as long. If the stars align and Xcelerator has a moderate length line with a decent front row line, take it. Just remember that the air gates are per car and you might have to bargain with someone else for the very front or very back. Boomerang is the best, not unlike Ghostrider, in the back car, front row. Keep your head forward on the cobra as well. If Iron Reef has over half an hour, I'd say, it's too long. You might as well go ride Toy Story Mania if you have to wait very long for Iron Reef. If it's short, then wait because it is a damn good ride.

And whatever you do, DO NOT skip the Mine Train or the Log Ride.

That's pretty much all I can think of right now, hope this helps!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 3rd 2015

Thanks guys. I do have a Fast Lane booked so hopefully that will help a lot. I'm really looking forwards to Xclerator and Zoom. And yes Jake the mine train and log ride are high up on my priority list as I have heard amazing reviews from those and I know they redid them recently. I don't have a platinum pass because there are no Cedar Fair parks where I live but I should be able to get everything done in time.

Also is there a show at night when the park closes? CW had one and I was wondering if Knott's did too. I was also wondering where the best place to eat is and what shows if any are a must see.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2015

I had an awesome day at Knotts! I was only able to get 2 rides on Xcelerator because it shut down around 2 and did not reopen.
    Better than nothing :D
    How was Ghostrider? When i rode it in 2010 it was really painful. Did they do something to improve the experience?
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2015

It is pretty rough still but nothing unbearable. I could only do it once though because doing rough rides like those multiple times gives me a bad headache and I didn't want to ruin my day. It had some great floater air and some nice ejector on some of the drops.

Honestly all Ghostrider needs is the topper track treatment. I would hate for it to be I-boxed as it has a great layout.

Voyage to the Iron Reef was awesome. If WMG had the extra theming elements like this did it would be much better. I lost both times tho lol.

In the end I prefer KBF to SFMM. It has a much better atmosphere and didn't play annoying music made for teenage girls like SFMM did.