Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeJun 10th 2015 edited

So, I started this a loooong time ago in RCT-3. The peeps from Atari/SGW will probably know me from that time cuus I spend to many hours building rides inspired by this. So now I have mastered a bit more of sketchup I wanted to try this ride in NL, just because, well the no limits part. So far I am working at the lay-out and most important the 3DS of this ride. I want to try so new stuff to make it look very detailed and not to heavy at the same time....that stuff I have in mind for that second part isn't in these screens btw. Just wanted to show some progress.

photo screenshot-2015-06-10-23-17-40.png

photo screenshot-2015-06-10-23-16-58.png

photo screenshot-2015-06-10-23-17-22.png
    It isn't a recreation right?
    But I can see what you have been inspired by ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeJun 11th 2015

It certainly isn't, it's more like a concept version, or alternative version.
    Most everything looks great so far. The one thing that stands out to me as maybe needing some work is the windows. I understand why you don't want clear windows, but the ones you have don't really look right, and they're very obvious. If you have some reference though let me know and I'll keep quiet lol.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeJun 14th 2015

So, I wanted to show some of the lay-out I've been working on. I must say it has been quite hard to do so far since I wanted to stay close to the original lay-out, but I think the start is looking good.

photo screenshot-2015-06-14-11-29-33.png

photo screenshot-2015-06-14-11-29-51.png

photo screenshot-2015-06-14-11-30-16.png

@DC: If you could help me with that, that be great, I really can't seem to get this right
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2015

So, I did some more work!

photo screenshot-2015-06-19-20-39-00.png

photo screenshot-2015-06-19-20-39-05.png

photo screenshot-2015-06-19-20-39-42.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2015

And some more:

photo screenshot-2015-06-20-14-03-42.png
    • CommentAuthorKamui
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2015

Oh man ... what a nice theming. I think i wet my pants.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2015

Haha, well,once this is done your pants won't be the only wet thing ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2015

So I did some extra work on the shaping and the look of the drop. I also tried some supports just to see if it works. I must say that so far I think the tower is coming along greatly!

photo d8b96306-86a5-451b-9cb6-dcb4ee22c52b.png

photo screenshot-2015-07-04-15-31-48.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorrockbely
    • CommentTimeJul 4th 2015

This is turning out nicely. Does it have a lift or launch?
    Look super Fancy.
    •  
      CommentAuthorSandorvdl
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2015

This looks just like the flying dutchman in efteling

Efteling, flying dutchman
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeJul 5th 2015

^ That's because it's meant to...
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeJul 7th 2015

Haha, yeah, its met to look a bit like the RCT-3 version I made about 4 years ago. But due to the fact that NL is more life-like I hope that the darkride part and the experience can be a bit more complete.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2015 edited

The following is all work in progress on the outside queue. And for those who know my RCT-3 version, the queue is half the size at most. Sorry for the crappy image quality....photobucket.

photo screenshot-2015-07-19-20-40-29.png

photo screenshot-2015-07-19-20-41-07.png

photo screenshot-2015-07-19-20-40-46.png

photo screenshot-2015-07-19-20-41-19.png

photo screenshot-2015-07-21-15-45-05.png
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2015

Excuse me, I'm just gathering my jaw up from the floor.

That looks amazing. I literally can't say anything that will make it better but you should bump map the paths and the wooden trims in the bottom photo.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2015

Very nice!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeAug 1st 2015

So, I did the first tests on the queue (hell, the theming is more important to me that the trackwork, sorry so far guys) and they turned out quite...good I must say. What do you guys think?

photo screenshot-2015-08-01-23-56-41.png

photo screenshot-2015-08-01-23-56-55.png
    Yep. 100% Fliegende Hollander :)
    ^ I was thinking the same :D Looks so gorgeous.
    The texture and lighting work is amazing! Really creates an atmosphere for the ride. I have to say though, it does make some of the textures of the exterior you posted earlier stand out as looking a little average in comparison (and I stress, in comparison). I think it's mostly the large brick facades, they look a little 'blocky' from a distance. I think a little extra detail and some bump mapping could go a long way.
    Have you also created de smokkelgang?
    The internal queue looks absolutely stunning! Great work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2015

I'm a die hard for interior theming. Even more when it's themed around something spooky... You won my heart in seconds with your latest post. Great work, it seriously is looking great.

I literally can't find a single thing to nitpick about this project. Great work and I can't wait to see more, god am I going to have fun with this park when it's released. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I agree, the interior looks stunning!

I don't know how far your motivation can go, but I would just freak out if you are going to add realistic theme parkish details in there, such as the EXIT signs (and actual exits), smoke detectors and hoses, speakers, emergency lights, vents, tags on the walls...

Anyways, wish you luck wih this ambition ride, but you seem to master it already!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2015 edited

Hey, thanks for the great comments!

@JL Nolimits: yeah, it is grealy inspired by it. Although, while taking a look at it, I must confess that the first room is maybe a bit to much like the real thing. For the "Smugglecorridor", look down below ;)
    @KingRCT3: I have stuff like that planned, but only to be added later. Unlike my last ride I try to use as much small objects directly in NL2 so I can do a bit more with LOD's

photo screenshot-2015-08-04-21-43-48.png
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

Truly amazing!
    Fantastic <3 I love the Vliegende Hollander style :D
    @DerMuffinMaker: Vliegende Hollander to get it correctly :)
    @Zingo: that's exact what it looks like in real life!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2015

photo screenshot-2015-08-16-20-24-01.png

First test for one of the other queue area's. Probably one of the last in a series of houses.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2015

Looks great!
    •  
      CommentAuthorPearman
    • CommentTimeAug 17th 2015

Looks very nice!
    The textures are very detailed and also the small scenery parts give me the feeling to be there in real
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2015

So, presenting the first version of the official train for this ride! It's a 14 person boat with a cinema seating, each row rising 5cm to ensure maximum visibility for the rider! Of course I am going to add more details to the boat, but I just wanted a rough and good enough looking version done for trackshaping and pictures.

photo screenshot-2015-08-22-18-17-20.png

photo screenshot-2015-08-22-18-18-13.png

photo screenshot-2015-08-22-18-18-24.png

photo screenshot-2015-08-22-18-19-59.png

photo screenshot-2015-08-22-18-18-41.png
    Wow, nice work yet again. Are the lapbars scripted or static? And can we get a closer look at the wheels/bogies? I am aware you said this is just a first, rough version but I am interested to see.

Also, I'm not familiar with the real life ride myself, but for the water sections do the boats float freely or do they still run along a track? If they float freely then you should make the underwater sections of track invisible and use transports instead of a lift chain (again, so it is invisible).

The ride as a whole package looks like it is starting to come together nicely now and it looks great!
    ^Also you could add small bits of banking throughout the invisible track to simulate the water rocking the boat.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPearman

The Boats are very well modelled. Also the textures are very nice, the wood is very dark and matches perfectly with the dark szenery.
    ^^Excellent idea, you could have the track undulate ever so slightly up and down as well.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2015 edited

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the real ride does keep a track underwater at all time... ;)

Excellent work on the car model, Zingo. I'd suggest to make the seats look like plastic instead of wood, though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op

At the end of the ride the boat is on track for the entire trip back to the station. Would faking some rocking make sense?

Boats look great!

-Ride_Op
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

Haha, thx for the great comments. The boats are not done at all. The bogies are modeled, but I still have to add details to the underside (and have to add some watertubes).

About the track, I am planning to keep it all on track, mostly because of some stuff happening on the inside ;). Those who've seen my RCT3 version will sort of know what kind of stuff might happen (no mealstrom this time though). I am planning on using chains under water for most part.

@Kingrct3: good idea, gonne try it.
    That looks absolutley amazing :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2015 edited

And now for the reason I wanted that train sorta done....you cant make this picture without the train right ;)

photo screenshot-2015-08-23-14-34-58_1.png
    •  
      CommentAuthorPearman
    • CommentTimeAug 23rd 2015

Awesome. :D
    Still can't wait for the POV
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2015

U can make the track inviseble, so the riders can't see where they going.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeAug 24th 2015

I'm going to keep it visible, even add some catwalks since I'm going for realism on this one (as far as a ship this size can be called realistic that it)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2015 edited

So, I did finish most of the darkride, at least design wise. Now it's a question of optimizing and putting way to much lightning in. I might remove some light for speed purposes though.

photo screenshot-2015-08-28-17-35-57.png

I am also very happy to announce that DerMuffinMaker is redoing all the trackwork and it doing a very good job at making the outside part very awesome!
    ^ OH my Gooowwwwdddddddddd :c Absolutley AMAZING
    •  
      CommentAuthorcb0688
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2015

I'm just catching up with this project...wow. That looks fantastic!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 28th 2015 edited

Can't you make lights go off only when the boat passes by? Would it help?

Looks really good anyway!