Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2015 edited

I think it comes from Nl2 (I mean it's not from your computer). I have the same issue with coasters and some sound scripts.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2015

In that case it is time for the NL2 team to step up and fix it, cuss for me it's a killer in using this game at all.
    ^ Game?!
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeOct 3rd 2015

NL2 does not support sound occluding so coaster sounds travel through imported scenery. To avoid brake sounds, switch to magnetic brakes and hide the brake device. That should give you a completely silent stop.

-Ride_Op
    ^ That's what I do for most of my brakes
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

I've taped another example of what happens. As you can clearly hear the sound appear way closer than they are in real life. Untill 3 days go this wasn't the case. And I know about the sound not occulding with the scenery and such, thats no problem for me. The problem for me is how far all sounds reach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zACKSAgFhUg&feature=youtu.be
    ^Ok now THAT is a bug.. It should be MUCH quieter...
    Everything is fine except for the brake noises, as the sounds of the wooden coaster roar is normal, it happens to from time to time, what I do is put magnetic brakes.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^ If that amount of sound is normal I really want to know how I did it last time, because I really miss my old sound design :)

Edit: nevermind, I'm just going to finish this ride and if the scripted sound isn't good on any other PC it's not my fault :D
    Check your settings in the setup menu
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2015

So, I had this idea, instead of bitching about the sound of the woody just do something with it. If I am going to hear it, it better look pretty you know. So, instead of having it just as an prop I am going to add it to the park area, just with a different theme. No, it's not going to be a full theme zone, just the edge so it looks al nice and stuff. The station is mostly a test since I am not that happy yet with the texturework.

photo screenshot-2015-10-04-23-55-34.png

photo screenshot-2015-10-04-23-54-07.png

photo screenshot-2015-10-04-23-55-46.png

photo screenshot-2015-10-04-23-54-31.png

photo screenshot-2015-10-04-23-53-55.png
    ^Really cool idea :D I Like it.
    "Roaring Woodlands" as the area name?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeOct 5th 2015

This look very nice and realistic. Good work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015

I'm thinking about make a whole theme zone around the wooden coaster. What do you guys think? Do it or leave it for performance (trust me, this thing is heavy)?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeOct 8th 2015

I'd prefer to first see the ride itself finished. After that, it's easier to determine if you it's a good idea performance-wise. Perhaps the ride itself (because that's the main attraction) is heavy enough of itself.
    Please don't. First finish everything else and then release it. Because it will already burn my computer down :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 11th 2015

So, great news! The outside is done! Finito! Finalised! I must say I really love how it's turned out, it's way grander than I had in mind when I started working on this 1,5 year ago. I've learned a lot and IMHO it really shows when I compare it to my previous ride. I think that the darkride alone is as big as Baron, but it runs so much beter (and I am still optimizing, that occulder thing is great!) But although the outside is done I still have to stuff to do: the inside.

Bestdani offered his help with scripting some objects in the darkride part. I also started working on the lightning of the darkride and of course the music. So, we are not quite there yet, but I intend to finish it before the week 100 video's of NL are there. I can't wait to show and let you guys hear some of the stuff that's going on on the inside!

This one is a poster size, click on it! :D

A
    M
    A
    Z
    I
    N
    G
    Beautiful!! Excited to download :D
    I'm in love.... no other words.

And are those rocks my rocks or happen it to be the same textures and the same form?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2015

Can't wait to download it and play around myself!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 12th 2015

^^ Yes sir, you are correct, those rocks happen to be the same texture and same form. And of course your hard work will be rewarded in the queue hall of fame (to many rooms to fill, figured why not make a room honoring the people who helped in some way)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 14th 2015

--Update--

Hey,

Since the outside is done I thought you guys might like a POV of the wooden coaster. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP-En2w8y7U
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

The final brakes are a bit too much deceleration. How much are the G-forces set?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

Posted By: rcthThe final brakes are a bit too much deceleration. How much are the G-forces set?

Quite high yes, they are going to be lower and I'm going to put a little trim right before it. But the ride is mostly just for scenery purposes, the fact it's themed is just a little extra :)
    • CommentAuthorrct800

That looks like a very fun ride! The only concern that I have is the brake and station area. It would be cool if you could remove the friction wheels in the station and position it in a slight angle to let the train run slowly. In addition to that, I would recommend at least one friction brake in the final brake run for a more realistic block system (perhaps to run two trains?).
    • CommentAuthor0108daniel

Why are the same pictures on a dutch site?.....
    http://themepark.nl/ubb/ubbthreads.php/topics/2077463/32.html
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 15th 2015

^same person, different screenname. But I am happy to see that unlike on tp.nl you are not accusing me of stealing my own stuff.....
    Why are you stealing your own stuff? That's such a jerk move. Thief!

:P
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2015 edited

^ Stealing my own stuff makes life so much easier ;)

---update---

So, the work on the darkride is going fine, especialy since I fugres out how the light animation scripting program thingy works. It'll take some time to perfect it and add some other stuff (does anyone have some good fire?) but I'll be done in time...I hope.

I also found out that I forgot to theme the MCBR house so I ended up doing that today. Also I wanted to show some of the back of the ride building. It's all about the details right.

Those details on the back, so realistic. I really like how this is going to look better everytime you post a update. :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeOct 17th 2015

Are there real corridors behind these buildings?

If so, perhaps you could use this object (Steam Workshop) and restyle the doors, so you can have real emergency exits!

For the fire: Perhaps this item (Steam Workshop)? Bestdani has a lot of nice things that are useful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

So much thanks for the fire. Exactly what i was looking for!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I really think you should experiment more with the path layouts. A lot of the paths have 90 degree turns and it seems really RCT-ish in that sense. Maybe try varying the movement of the paths in the whole flower garden area.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 19th 2015

^You've got a good point there, the paths in that area are to square for a game like NL2. Part of it was inspired by rural hills that you can find in several european countries, but there is to much of the straight stuff. I changed most of it a bit to make it more fitting to the game. The straight lines there (with the trees) are going to stay since it was a design choice driven by the trees and the landscape, not the fact that I am to used to RCT-3. I'm also going to take a look at a few other paths at a later point. Darkride first at the moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2015

-- First test for the ship scene, enjoy --

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yluX_aQT2tk&feature=youtu.be
    ^ I love that :)
    I would probably set the lift motor to silent
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 20th 2015 edited

^ Yeah, I'm going to put as many of the elements on silent for the end product, but at the moment I am mostly focusing on the visual side, so I didn't pay attention to that part yet (I play NL2 with no sound, just music from Spotify)
    That's good, it looks like you've got an excellent project here. I do love when people add backstage area's and true facades, far more realistic.
    ^^ Hey thats what I do XD But as Crazycoaster said it will be better to make the sound silent.

Oh and I think I can say that I am so proud to be a part of this amazing project... I really like how my track and support work making this ride a little bit prettier. ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 25th 2015

^^ It takes a lot of time, but it is indeed worth it. I'm not quite sure how far to take it. I have some emergency exit signs and such ready to import, but I think considering the size I might take it to far with the detail. Thanks for the compliment, it means a lot to me to hear it coming from you :)

^ Yeah, I probably couldn't finish this project without your amazing help :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 28th 2015

---update---

So, I finnaly got the doors working, the end is coming close very very fast now! The problem with the performance is still there, mostly due to the crazy high amount of trees and plants. I've removed all folliage and the performance tripled. So I am now thinking about two version of the park. A light version where I remove the wooden coaster and such to improve performance and one with everything in it. The other problem is the crazy file size of 350mb, but dropbox will get ride of that :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeOct 29th 2015

--update--

going up!

•  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2015

--update--

So, the cars are done! I can't script the restraints to open, but at least we have something now. Also, the darkride is going better and better, just needs a lot of work on the lights (help?)

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Is there no splash effect for the water?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth

^ I think that will come at a later point. It's almost impossible to end without a splash!

^^ Perhaps try bestdani's light set kit? Use it with track triggers to enable a certain sequence.
    And again BEAUTIFUL :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^^^ Splash is indeed on it's way. The default splash doesn't end in time, so I am still looking for a custom splash to use.

^^ yeah, I'm using dani's light set kit for most of the lights. The problem however is not in the lights itself, but in the athosphere. NL2 is, opposed to RCT3, capable of direct lightning, therefor the need for volume lights to light something isn't there. Volume lights however greatly contribute to creating an atmosphere, more than light s can do if you want to have a rideable FPS. So I am now experimenting with using volume lights just to create atmosphere. For example, this is one of the darkride scenes atm.