Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

It looks much better the the real one!
    ^ agree, but if you want to use the Volume effect make sure you set the number to something like 0,0... So you have a tiny little volume effect ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2015

^^^ Looks nice. Perhaps bestdani's custom splash is useful? (Seriously, that guy has made so much useful stuff!)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 3rd 2015

---update---

Splash seems to come along just fine!
    •  
      CommentAuthorBolt789

I can't get over how awesome each update looks, words can't express how pumped I am to see the end result!

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox

https://gyazo.com/a09dd00e23eb5b43576c3c684eb04001

The laterals
    •  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015 edited

^Have you seen the POV? It's pretty gentile last I remember
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015

^Yea I know lol. Just thought it looked a bit funny
    ^^^^ Agree. It is just too awesome
    At the risk of sounding nit-picky, shouldn't the splash be coming from the front end of the boat?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 4th 2015

@paradox, yeah, it looks funny, but in both directions it's under 1G lats. But I agree about the look of it.
    @Crazycoaster, you had me there, the splash is way behind the boat at the moment since i screwed up the scripting. in the final version it will be fixed :)

BTW, I need to people to test the ride due to story and performance, sent me a whisper if you want to help out.
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2015

Any time, i love to try it out.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

Thanks for all the great replies and help. I have selected a few of the many Whispers I received to help with the testing process. For now I have enough testers, but those who did not receive the park, I will keep you guys in mind for later on during the process.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Volume lights can be done like they were in RCT3 - what I might recommend is to have two sets of lights - one with just the volume effect so you can really control how dim it is and not risk lighting anything up (therefore, no FPS crash) - and you can layer a LOT more of these since they light nothing but still give the appearance of light. And then have a set of lights where they do light up, and use a LOT less of them - only lighting what is very important. Textures should take you the rest of the way with some kind of 'darkride blacklight' feel. Just subtle enough to show off the highlights - not super cheesy.

Of course, this is only really useful in static scenes where you don't have to script - but a lot of darkride scenes are typically this way.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^ Jup, did that in most of the scenes where I want static lights. It does even work on scripts btw. As you said, it doesn't have to lit up something, just give the impression it does lit up. One problem is though that I heard NL2 is very bad at all kinds of transparent textures, thats what lights are in the end. So I'll just have to keep it basic when needed. But thanks for the advice, I really should use that trick a bit more.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2015 edited

--Update--

So, the darkride is comming along very nicely. I wanted to give away some kind of teaser, so here we go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FglfCvO_aTE
    • CommentAuthornSeven

You're making great use of the lighting systems in the sim!

(my reaction the first time that played through!)
    ^ Exact the same reaction :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 9th 2015

^^ Haha, thanks man! The effect kinda came alive while testing the projection. I found out that you can also just project on the fog, and it works perfectly for what I want.

^ Thanks, as always your help and advice are such a great help with this project :)
    ^ Haha no problem... :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2015 edited

--update--

First of all, thanks for all the great feedback so far! I've written everything down and I am ticking of the boxes one by one. Also I added a little area...which might go at a later point due to performance issues :(. But we'll see. Currently the work on the darkride is done, so are as good as all objects. Just the music left to do. And optimise of course. Then again, it still runs better than Scourge, so....well

So, I want to show of this new area where you enter the park in the download version. I hope you guys like it, since it probably will go away some time soon for optimisation :P

Posted By: ZingoThen again, it still runs better than Scourge, so....well

Blame nl2 lighting for that one. daytime version runs smoother by tons

looking really good! this really looks like an alternate efteling
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2015

Posted By: COASTERGUY246
    Posted By: ZingoThen again, it still runs better than Scourge, so....well

Blame nl2 lighting for that one. daytime version runs smoother by tons

I know your pain, lightning is a killer in this game and I need it a lot for this ride :(. Great ride that Scourge btw ;)
    I really like the different paths.
    Gorgeous park! You're really tying everything together with this project.
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2015

Looks really awesome!

Will you publish the park on Steam Workshop too or just as download only?
    • CommentAuthorHarmL98
    • CommentTimeNov 14th 2015

This park has a nice atmosphere.
    Are you going to use park music?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2015

---update---

The official trailer is out now! Watch it while it's still hot!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOfwyMZDKhw
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeNov 16th 2015

Gorgeous trailer that really got me pumped for the full ride experience. It's nice to see all the effects working in concert.
    ^agree :D and the full ride experience is just incredible ;) did i say to much xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2015

I am back!

Oh did i say YYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSS xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2015

That element in the second pic.... BRI-LLI-ANT.

The first pic is not bad as well, but I'm a tiny little bit frustrated to see floating ingame light projectors. But that's a detail.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^^ Haha, yes you did ;). As you know, I want this video to go in the best of 2015, so this must be finished before the 31th.
    ^ Yeah, the light also kinda bother me. I'm thinking about making some simple things to hold them, but not to sure yet. I can't wait to show you guys this new scene in full score and all. The testers even didn't see it yet since I am mosty just testing to see if I can make this work.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

It is truly glorious!

Also, you don't NEED to use the lights from the library - you can just make a black scenery piece and attach a light onto it with very little issue whatsoever. This might not replace all of them, but maybe the ones that are really obvious when riding.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2015 edited

^ Thx man! Can't wait to shop you guys the full ride. I will probably make the lights invisible on the final version though ;)

I'll be streaming the ride for about an hour starting in 40 minutes. http://www.twitch.tv/johanr1991

Live now!
    • CommentAuthornSeven
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2015

Woot, I'm there already - ...zingo...all I'm seeing is black, are you sure this isn't Scourge?
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2015

^ Nope, it's just...well....a teaser you know
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2015

So, I've got the music selection done for the whole area and onride. Just to give you guys an idea of what amount of music to expect I've made a little list of all the music I am using:

Area:
    Efteling - Anderrijk
    Efteling - Ruigrijk
    Efteling - Vliegende Hollander buiten

Queue:
    Efteling - Willems Kamer
    Efteling - Smokkelgang
    Efteling - Vliegende Hollander have

Onride:
    Efteling - Vliegende Hollander uitvaren
    Efteling - Vliegende Hollander sluisdeuren
    Efteling - Vliegende Hollander poort naar open zee
    Efteling - Vliegende Hollander lifthill
    Efteling - Vliegende Hollander behouden terugvaart
    Game of Thrones - North of the Wall
    Two steps from hell - 1000 ships of the underworld

So, I've used most of the origional music and added two extra tracks for the new parts. I can't wait to show you guys the end result. The release date is planned on the 29th of December!
    ^ Im so Hyped for the final product :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeDec 20th 2015

Can't wait!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 25th 2015

So, a few more days till this year ends! In 4 days this ride will be released upon the world and so it is time to have a good look what you'll be visiting first. Projektion was nice enough to lend me his awesome environment for the and it look stunning! Thank you so much!

AND NOW I CAN'T SLEEP BECAUSE I AM TOO HYPED FOR THIS :O
    Thank you xD

Gimme that download link :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 28th 2015

---update---

ONE DAY MORE! Tomorrow will mark the end of my journey in making a (maybe) first of its kind rollercoaster in nolimits 2. The ride has now, with the help of rcth, a working soundtrack, only need to get the camera's working on the boat and than it's done. In this last update I want to pay attention to the awesome trackwork DerMuffinMaker provided me with. Altough the rough lay-out was layed out by me he made this track to the smooth ride it currently is.

This airtime hill is so awesome. It looks quite normal, but keep in mind that this is a 14 person boat, not just a small simple car. The airtime gives a very nice ejector with a nice long lead-out.

This turn was kinda tricky due to the relative high speed and the big size of the boat. It's stretched out even a bit more than needed, but better safe than sorry.

In the first versions, the MCBR here was on the second hill, however due to changes made it turned out into this small nice hill. This section in in an enclosed area, so you can't see the rest of the area. The beams were added for the extra headchopper effect.

At first the ride ended with the helix and the splash. But during the testing the speed on the splash was a bit to high. So instead of extra braking and thereby making the baron shaped helix a bit boring I suggested adding the extra hill. Perfectly excecuted by DerMuffinMaker again.

I spend hours on this simple turn and couldn't get it right. The more reason for me to be superhappy with the way DerMuffinMaker made this work!

So, thats a little overview of the outside of the ride. Of course the inside is mostly what this is all about, so I can;t wait to give you guys a look tomorrow!
    I am super happy that i had the chance to help you in this seriously, massive, insanely, gorgeous project...

And for all those YOU SHOULD BE VERY EXCITED FOR TOMMOROW... This Darkride is everthing, Zingo also put a surprise in it...

Oh and this ride needs to be included in This Is Nolimits2. :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2015

^ And you even haven't seen or heard everything ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2015

I really loved the dark ride and the music adds a great feel over it. :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 29th 2015 edited

Finishing up the last stuff as we speak...damn script error, dont know what causes it, everything looks fine and such XD

Valve time kicking in....error found, last things to fix!

Edit 2: Uploading! :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2015

It's out!!!!

http://nolimits-exchange.com/coaster/flying-dutchman/9601
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2015

...and Downloading now.