Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2015

Just finished now, the park is open, having errors but I hope it's ok (omg the music while i'm writing *_*)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

The download failed twice already.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^^ that did not happen here....weird..
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Posted By: Zingo^^ that did not happen here....weird..

Anyway, everything seems to work , just finished to ride it and one word : amazing. *_*
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^ did quick download test. No errors here. As long as the onride music works its fine with me :p
    One word again....

I N S A N E
    N
    S
    A M A Z I N G
    N
    E
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeDec 30th 2015 edited

Posted By: Zingo^ did quick download test. No errors here. As long as the onride music works its fine with me :p

Then it's ok.
    Exploring everything, have found some little.. glitch... But not important, everything is so cool :)

I wish I had an Oculus :-(
    I don't like how you download a park which tells you to go to another link (I'm guessing it's to do with file size), and I get the same errors as Yedrimas (the onride music works fine though) but that aside:

It just looks and feels phenomenal :o The music adds such great atmosphere too.
    I can say with quite a bit of certainty that this is the most well-executed ride in NL2 to date (definitely in my opinion, if not everyone's). Baron might end up beating it by a tiny bit, but it'll always be one of the best.
    Time well spent.

Totally going back to this when I get an Oculus Rift :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

I'll personally go on a limb to say that that was one of the best NL2 Coasters I've ever seen. Everything was on par, from trackwork to scenery, even to the little details throughout. The dark ride itself was outstanding, and the slow buildup of events to the inital first drop was perfect. The music made this especially nice, as it created that suspense that couldn't have been done otherwise. Overall this was a great coaster, and while you put so much work into it, it definitely payed off. Great work Zingo and I can't wait to see what other creations you have in store!
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

crashed my comp gg
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster

^^^ The thing is, if you just post a download link rather than by adding a park with the link in, people won't download the park file. And by not downloading the park file the user then cannot add a rating. I mean not everyone will rate anyway, but by doing it the way Zingo has, it at least gives downloaders the option.
    • CommentAuthorHarmL98

And I am downloading :D
    One word: Amazing!! Well done!!
    Posted By: YedrimasJust finished now, the park is open, having errors but I hope it's ok (omg the music while i'm writing *_*)

same problem here

EDIT: but everything works perfect
    awesome job!!
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

Thanks for all the great replies. About, the error, I haven't seen it while testing the version thats uploaded atm. I'll take a look at it tonoght and upload a new version. I am also working on a light version. Removing the trees greatly helps. A onride will be online next week or so ;)
    https://gyazo.com/1e24e2db71db78f9a9ecbf75b02e00be

yeah i wont be running this on the oculus any time soon...

other than that i absolutely love it! there were a few issues i had with trackwork (mainly involving strict roll points and some wiggle inbetween transitions but thats only something few people would complain about), but aside from that it was a solid experience and one of the best nl2 projects i have seen in a while! i hope you continue making more great rides in the future!

*NITPICK ALERT*

https://gyazo.com/f7aaa5efc4a95dc9ab3761b0ebd4c6bf
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

Agreed with COASTERGUY246 for the most part. Everything was just absolutely amazing. I did a walk through of the queue, and when it got to the night time inside, it threw me for a second.

My only real nit picks about the ride are the invisible track pieces at the top of the drop and as you are entering into the ship.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Posted By: Zingo^ did quick download test. No errors here. As long as the onride music works its fine with me :p

Did you tried downloading on another computer? Because if it's missing files that you already have on your computer, that's normal that you don't have an error but others do.
    • CommentAuthorole

I noticed a problem in the Environment which causes a very long load time. The Perlin Size (Background Tab) should not be 0. This will be fixed in the next NL2 update.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

I know there are a few rough spots left, but I just wanted it done and I knew I didn't have that much time left. Also, the project was draining my energy to finish in the end. It was just a bit to big maybe.
    • CommentAuthorole

Too bad you feel like this, but I know what you mean. Big projects can run yourself ragged. I hope you do not mind that I took a look into the nl2pkg. I can give you some advice how to optimize things if you feel like you have more energy again to bring out an updated version.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

Maybe in the future, I'd love to know what to improve since I'm not that great at optimizing. For me it was just a test to see how far I can take NL2 to do something different with it that building a coaster. I think that building other things than coasters is a great way to improve the popularity of this game, so this was for me mostly a project to see what I can do with it with my current skillset.

(I did a fairly big testround, surprisingly not one of the testers made a remark about the track issue's everybody seems to find all of a sudden).
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

That's my fault with the enviro. I knew the enviro had this slow loading thing but I always assumed it was due to the background terrain being below 0.
    Since you asked, here is the post i had written up

Since you packaged the ride with the wireframe track viewable in terms of roll point and vertices placement, i can see the issues first-hand and some off the issues are so easy to fix rather than a major gripe to exact trackwork detail, specifically the ability to smooth transitions inbetween strict roll nodes. its even detailed in the shaping bible here:

http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=4271&page=1#Item_11

the issues i saw in radius comb are detailed here (In chronological order):

https://gyazo.com/420bf91d34fb9898ae14b7cf9f728938

https://gyazo.com/50e2e190ba3e4e39ae9321984a2d69ec

https://gyazo.com/4fe8307bec5ace57fd067595d3d2e9d0

https://gyazo.com/043e28845ed2cd9e74dbd41f56f1a8ad

https://gyazo.com/0e1acfd9dcd60f4deafec5747b7d8c2b

https://gyazo.com/c41cd05852ab926a79397f98a47a1f47

also some rolls had a fair bit of wiggle during transitions and thats a little off-putting considering the massive train

like i said i found the theme and the 3d work spectacular, but there were some easy fix issues that broke the full feel of the coaster (i am not complaining about shaping style, just some basic nl2 shaping 101)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^ Honestly I really didn't know it was that bad. It's way way better than the first version I made myself, but I didn't really take a close look at it after it was redone by DerMuffinMaker (I was to busy with all the rest of the park). I'm certainly going to have a look at these issues since as you say they are easy to fix. I'm not great at it, but I am sure it can be worked out.

Thanks for pointing them out, I really wasn't aware of them (I totaly overlooked them in my focus for a total experience). Some I did cause myself even (top of the lift), I just never looked past the 'does it feel good' fase.
    yeah not looking past the "does it feel good" phase can lead to some questionable stuff

https://gyazo.com/87647a9ee822525169258105a9c301a2
    fusion, by me nearly a year ago
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

^ It also has to do with the fact that building a technical totaly sound ride never was the idea. The trackwork had to be good enough that when you ride it (not looking at the technical stuff) it's good enough to be there. The project was always about the experience, not the tech. Then again tech is just as important for some :)
    ^^^^ SO because i made the track, i should say something about it.

As Zingo say he doesn't take much time for making the track good, i asked him to make it a little bit better. I can redone the whole track but that also means Zingo need to change some 3Ds and i need to change most supports.

So i was looking for how does it feel onride, not the technical way ;)
    •  
      CommentAuthor6FlagsManiac
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2015 edited

Looks like Thomas beat me to it! I really enjoyed this project but i couldn't help but be distracted by some of the trackwork, i too had opened it up in the editor only to find some pumps in the areas i had remembered from riding it. It was pretty smooth for the most part but there were some parts of the ride that felt very pumpy and wobbly. It's not a big deal since it obviously wasn't the focus of this project, but i still think it could have been greatly improved. Everything else was fantastic!
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2015

Yeah, I too have to be honest that I was slightly irked by the trackwork when in the simulator but honestly it hardly decreases from the experience because of the astounding scenery and effects. In future remember that trackwork does matter, even if it's not the focus of the project :^)
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo

I'll probably re-visit the trackwork next year. Maybe even with the help of some external tooling. The points given were more than fair and mostly just overlooked due to the different focus. That doesn't take away that it must be fixed and it will be.

Personaly I'm not good at trackwork and such since my overall focus has always been on the experience and not on the technical side (thats why I moved to RCT-3 many years ago.) I understand the need for a more technical approach here and I'll try to get it greatly improved with all the feedback here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

Zingo,

Well done on your ride's launch.

The nitpicking is what it is, but you should be extremely proud of the work you have done! It is sooo impressive.

I hope you make another massive project like this, you are good at it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorCrazycoaster
    • CommentTimeDec 31st 2015 edited

^ This exactly. You'll always get nitpickers who arn't happy. When it comes to trackwork, people can be real snobs, especially on this site. The track work in no way 'distracts' from the ride.

But also, if you think about it another way, people are still going out of their way to review your ride and give you feedback, and the majority of people would not do that on a project that doesn't stand out in the way yours does. Especially now when there is no need to post any feedback at all.

You've managed to produce an excellent piece here, it's a truly immersive experience. I look forward to your next project.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2016 edited

Well, now that the week 100 list is out I can finaly release the video! So here we go! And yes I am still bouncing around for winning this thing :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsPQRg2xSHM
    •  
      CommentAuthorRCF
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2016

I hadn't downloaded it yet, but after seeing that video, I'm crying for real. That's the best thing I have ever seen in No Limits 2, and I'm not exaggerating. You deserve that so much.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJan 6th 2016

Yay now I can experience the ride without having my computer crash lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeJan 7th 2016

^No problem ;)
    • CommentAuthorruttenrik
    • CommentTimeJan 17th 2016

I get an error code when i go to your flying dutchman page.
    How can i download it?

Greetz Rik
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2016 edited

---update---

I am currently working on my new personal site and since I wanted to show some of the Flying Dutchman stuff I made an overview of the darkride. Since I am quite sure you guys would also like it, well here you go.

Also, for those of you who want to know, I am working on a new download version. I will not optimize it, but I will try to change a few things to make it run smoother. Can't promise to much though since Project Potter is my main focus at the moment.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2016

It sucks that you aren't going to optimize it. I can't even run the original ride and whenever I try to open it, my computer crashes.
    • CommentAuthorSh3llSh0ck
    • CommentTimeMay 19th 2016

Is there a possible chance to download your project again. It seems that the Nolimits-exchange link is broken.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 12th 2016

--- NEW NEW NEW ---

So, since I didn't really have the inspiration to work on the Potter Project (to big, bleh) I thought it would be cool to build a coaster for roundup 150. Just something nice and simple and well, themed. So, I am learning how to build mountains :D. Many thanks go to Crazycoaster for giving permission to use hit texture. I present you, Round up 150 the ride! (WIP title).

Ow, and yes, this is in the same park as the Flying Dutchman ;)

•  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 13th 2016

--- Update--

Totaly forgot about the ride. Total Length is 1724 meter, including a drop from the station and two launches.

And now I want to ride Helix.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 15th 2016

Haha, looking back at the lay-out I have to say you are right. I made some changes to make it feel different, but the pretzel to helix part is, in terms of elements almost the same (order that is).
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2016

--- Update ---

So, I've been working a lot on the theming of the station (and started some other area's). For some reason I keep building more and more mountains. Altough they do work, it takes a lot of time. Lucky, I'm almost done with the rockwork and the modeling of the station is also as good as done. I hope to focus on the rest of the ride and the supports this week. This is going to be a hit or miss, but we'll see.

• CommentAuthorMr. E
    • CommentTimeNov 21st 2016 edited

First off I'd like to say it looks really good so far. I do see some missing textures (1 in pic 1, a few inside in pic 2, and what looks like a few in pic 3) I assume you will fix these as it is WIP. While I do like the rock work, the snow on the tops of the mountains looks a little wierd and it kinda causes the mountains to run together in the images. Other than that, I hope to see this finished.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 23rd 2016

Posted By: Mr. EFirst off I'd like to say it looks really good so far. I do see some missing textures (1 in pic 1, a few inside in pic 2, and what looks like a few in pic 3) I assume you will fix these as it is WIP. While I do like the rock work, the snow on the tops of the mountains looks a little wierd and it kinda causes the mountains to run together in the images. Other than that, I hope to see this finished.

Thanks! The textures are indeed not done (the roof is textureless at the moment.) The snow is sort of weird so far, but It'll work out in the end. I'll have a look at it anyway. Thanks for the feedback.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeNov 29th 2016 edited

--- update ---
    Not sure if I'll make it. The onride sure won't take as long as my last ride though since this is all crazy fast :D

So, most theming is done, working on supports and landscaping now. Wanted to show a somewhat older onride were I tested the higher speed and the rock landscape (yes, afther the hill everything is tunneltested except for the building.)

Test 3rd part POV:
    Click Here!

•  
      CommentAuthorZingo
    • CommentTimeDec 2nd 2016

--- Update---

They see mee rolling, they hating... xD

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeDec 3rd 2016 edited

Will that be a deep bottomless pit?