Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2015 edited

I know I don't post often anymore, and I haven't finished a ride in a couple of years. I also wanted to refrain from making a post about this ride this early on in its progress, but I had a question regarding tunnels. However, first I'll post a few pictures.
    Stats-
    Height: 200ft
    Length: 5,200ft
    Speed: 75mph

Yes, it is 100% hand supported, and yes, I am regretting my decision to do so, but [I think] it looks much nicer than adding to the wooden support generator. My question now is this. I am using a virtual tunnel because I will be modeling my own. However...

...I get this mess when I look into it while I'm in the simulator. While I'm in the editor, it's perfectly fine, but this simulator does this weird portal garbage that I don't know how to get rid of. If this has happened to anyone, or if anyone knows how to fix it, let me know.

Also, don't expect too many updates on this ride. I can't stress enough that I'm taking my time with it (already put in about 100 hours...).
    That's normal i think its just a glitch where the terrain bugs out if there is a hole in it. Add your modeled tunnel and it will be fine.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2015

Yep, that bug is normal and will disappear once you have you 3D tunnel. Your support-work is amazing. Take all th time you need, but the result is here!
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM
    • CommentTimeJun 12th 2015 edited

Thanks guys. One more thing though. The tunnel has a Portal shape around the track, will that go away and take on the shape of my rectangular tunnel, or will i have to design my tunnel based on the cut out of the virtual tunnel?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Not it'll stay like that, because it's the cut between the ground and the virtual round tunnel. Maybe try using the squarish tunnel instead (still invisible)?
    I don't think you can have a square virtual tunnel, try using an invisible dive coaster, or two, add your 3d tunnel then cover up any gaps with more scenery/rocks or something.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Just letting you know that this thread is categorized under contests.
    •  
      CommentAuthorIntaLSM
    • CommentTimeJun 13th 2015

Thanks for the help everyone. And Paradox, I fixed it. :)