Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2015 edited

so, i decided to create this construction thread instead of making a new one for each project.
    i have started working on a highly themed intamin megalite clone. this ride is mainly about theming so i chose to make it a clone. The only thing done so far is the track work, which is very rough. if anyone has tips on shaping or critique it would be much appreciated. so i guess ill leave you with this;

the overall layout

cool, weird turn hill thing

airtime hill

turnaround and hills

twisty section and airtime

final turnaround
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2015

ive started on basic shapes of 3ds, so erm...this happened. any feedback would be appreciated

•  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2015

sorry for the triple post but wanted to show of some of the features on the main tower i have been working on. any criticism would be appreciated.(note: there will be more structures behind the lift)

a general overview

view from the bottom of the 200ft tower

close up of the detail so far

some of the roof texturing
    The tower is starting to look really good. Do you have a brief explanation of what the theme/story is? I think it would help the community to understand your ride better if you explained it a little. I'm not sure what purpose the tower serves, but it would be cool if it was integrated with the ride somehow, like Karnan or Cannibal. What is the large circle/ring going to be?

At the moment the tower completely dwarves the ride and makes it look quite small. Layout wise, the ride is pretty accurate to a mega-lite clone. Its hard to critique from distant-overall-layout pics. I'm certainly intrigued by this and look forward to seeing more, sorry you had to post three times before you got a reply.
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJun 21st 2015 edited

The ring is just there for theming and i am planning to ad a drop tower similar to lex Luther or zumanjaro onto one of the tower sides or even possibly a karnan style ride.
    im not sure on the story but i will try to think of one
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2015

just a small update, only some texturing but i am pretty proud of how its turned out so far since it is my first attempt t working with textures. i have decided i will be adding drop tower similar to zumanjaro onto one of the sides of the tower.

That is gonna look so cool :)
    (I love steampunk)

Only think I might say is that the station looks a bit out of proportion with the ride it's for, but meh, no big deal.
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJul 10th 2015

so, I started to get bored of working on my steampunk meglite so i have taken a break and am now working on a recreation of daemonen. the trckwork is very rough and was done in about an hour, any feedback would be appreciated.

•  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJul 11th 2015

i have been working on trackwork quite a bit, its still very rough but its slowly getting better.

•  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJul 12th 2015

Sorry for the triple post. I have continued working on shaping and i think its slowly getting there. My recreation is 583m long compared to the real ride which is 564m long.

Well you've certainly taken on one heck of a project, something I would certainly shy away from. There are many peculiar transitions to this ride, many of which are unique to it. This will be hard to make, but one of the rare occasions where hand building will probably yield a more accurate ride than via FVD++.

You're off to a good start though, and I'm glad your keeping at it. You have the whole ride laid out pretty accurately for the most part, however, many of the various quirks are missing still. For example, the predrop helix pauses its unroll as it approaches the crest of the drop, and holds the banking over the crest, then un-banks to the base.

Are you using any overlays? If not, I recommend going to google maps and using an ariel pic of the ride to use for your NL2 overlay. There aren't many pics on RCDB, but there are tonnes on google images. This ride is coming along nicely though, and our community can be very picky about recreations, so you might find yourself under pressure to make this really accurate. If you aren't overly concerned about its accuracy, then it might be worth letting everyone know.
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJul 13th 2015

i have started working on the smaller details of the track. Overall I think it looks ok but there are some areas i can definitely work on. I noticed when playing a pov next to my nl version that it was quite a bit slower, especially during the helix before the main drop. The max speed is 3km/ph slower than the real ride. Is there anyway to fix this, for example, changing the weight of the train (if you can). anyway here are some photos:

•  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJul 14th 2015

i have started working on some basic 3ds in blender

the first few turns of the ride

the loop and immelman

zero-g roll and final turn

i have tried to fix the exit of the loop, i think it looks better now

random shot

does anyone know what goes underneath the station

overview

i encountered a problem with my 3ds. some parts of the roof were shaded a bit weird, anyone know how to fix this.

The trackwork is only rough so i would appreciate it if you left some criticism and tips to improve.
    If you have NL2 Pro, you could change the friction parameters. A slight reduction in friction, say from 0.313 to just 0.3 might be all you need to get that extra 3km/h. A slight reduction in air resistance may also help. Try not to overly adjust these values where you can help it, though, as you will notice the impact later on in the ride. Ensure that your total height, and total drop are the same, although I'm sure you have. I'm glad you are viewing POV's side by side, this is a very effective way to ensure accuracy.

Progress is looking good, and I can see the adjustments you have made since my last comment. Keep at it, I'd say your a good two-thirds of the way there with trackwork. Some parts still seem off, like the predrop, where you have that straight section with the kink in the middle. See this picture, for example. The lead out still holds a lateral curve, it just merely pauses the unroll and holds it over the crest, where it then continues the unroll again.

With the base of your loop, see this picture. You can see that your ride pull much more of a left turn that the real ride does. Although the real ride pulls about 20 degrees roll at that point, the overall bend doesnt turn much at all. You've made some good progress though, and keep at it. I appreciate that track work can turn into a chore, and I admire your effort. Daemonen is an awesome ride.

EDIT: Try to view pictures here if links fail.
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJul 15th 2015

not much trackwork has been done,

but I have fixed the exit of the loop.

I have continued with 3ds work...

making the basic shape of the station building...

and also adding some small details.

once again any criticism would be appreciated
    looking good! I feel this floorless coaster is unappreciated in real life and i'm happy to see it getting some attention. keep it up!
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2015

i did not get much done today but I did manage to get some smaller features done. If anyone has any pictures of this area in the park it would help.

any feedback would help
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2015

i did not like the way the daemonen recreation was going so instead, this happened...
    Terrain invert, yay!!!!!!!

•  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeOct 4th 2015

I have started a new project, and hopefully i will actually finish this one, the shaping isn't to great as it is handbuilt but any advice would be helpful.

•  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeNov 1st 2015 edited

have started yet another project, i have promised myself to finish this one. its a eurofigher that will hopefully have a gotham city theme

•  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305
    • CommentTimeNov 6th 2015

so i have finished the layout, i am not sure if i like the end, any tips for the shaping would be helpfull