Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeDec 4th 2015

Damn you're good daniel, that's really nice.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeDec 5th 2015

Is there a way to mirror the object and the clamp flange? I need this for my jet coaster Meisho squeeze brakes. How do you get it to clamp when the first front part of a car goes through?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeDec 6th 2015

^ You would have to modify the 3d model, the script should also make it clamp when you use a non spinning car.
    bestdani, are users allowed to use your work in their own parks if they give you credit? I'm making a ride that involves your fire particle effect at the moment.
    ^ That's why he puts them up for download :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeDec 8th 2015

Damn, you're good.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2016 edited

I've created a small park with a coaster that includes and demonstrates some texture based light effects that heavily use NL2MAT features and custom shader code and new scripting features introduced with the update 2.2.3.7. One allows in a very quickly and flexible way to attach objects to a coaster, thanks to the new shared VM feature, the order of the objects on the train close to a coaster depends on the order in which the objects are placed in the editor (take notice that this is experimental since it relys on that the order of the objects placed in the editor is the order in which the attached scripts will be called, it turned out to be stable until now). The other script demonstrates the usage of the newly introduced texture animation control using a script.

Steam Workshop Link
    Dropbox Download

Greetings,
    Daniel
    • CommentAuthorole
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2016

o.O

Very cool!
    you know you are doing something right when the head dev finds it cool
    ^ Agree... This is so cool!
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Can someone explain this to me like I'm five? I don't really understand the description
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

He has some light effects that use textures and also showcase a simple way of attaching things to trains in one of the newer updates, then goes on to describe how it works.
    • CommentAuthorole
    • CommentTimeFeb 26th 2016 edited

^^ He is using a couple of new features. First of all, he uses the new scripted texture animation feature. Take a look at the corkscrew, the animation will change when a train goes through the corkscrew. There 3 different animations, one idle animation and one specific animation for each of the two trains. Second, he uses the new shared vm script option for the objects attached to the train. The shared vm option allows for a couple of tricks. The trick he is making use of is that the script is aware of the order in which the objects were added inside the editor to the park. He uses that order to assign the objects to each car of the train. The advantage is that the user only needs to add the objects to the park and the script will then figure out which object should go to which coaster car. Before the shared vm option was available, one had to use some kind of object naming scheme to assign scenery to specific cars.
    (Meme usage incoming)
    Damn, Daniel! At it again with the cool scripted objects!
    (seriousness mode activated)
    Really cool! Can't wait for whats next up your sleeve!
    • CommentAuthorThrill Lab
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2016

So how do we change the animation from one to the next?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeFeb 27th 2016 edited

Posted By: TheBeatlesI don't really understand the description

Just interested: Because of my (maybe bad) English :P or because of the rather technical content?

^ You have to define animation ranges manually in a script, the script does fully control which animation frame will be shown when the next frame of simulation will be drawn. But you can also achieve an animation change automatically by switching between two texture registers using lerp(color.a,tex0,tex0) in the custom shader for example and by using the "wave" feature in the "alpha color" tab. :)
    The light animation on the train decoration does exactly this.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPearman

I realy need some of your creations, but I'm not able to download them from the Steam Workshop (and yes, I have a Steam account :D) Especially the water specials (fountain, waterfalls,...) I realy need.
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo

Thanks Bestdani, It is really cool!
    Hey Dan, I downloaded the file and it says that it's been saved with a newer version (2.2.3.8). And the update for it isn't even available. What should I do?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeMar 1st 2016

2.2.3.8 is the current beta version available in Steam, but there's nothing in that version that is required for this park, just bug fixes afaik.
    Oh. Well false alarm now, because a new update is available for me now. Thanks though.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2016 edited

I've created a Sky Fly for NL2:

youtube video
    (Click on the image for a YouTube video).

Edit 2016-05-11: Now recolorable (requires NL2 v 2.2.4.2)
    Edit 2016-10-30: Now with 8 custom colors (requires NL2 v 2.2.5.6):
    Steam Workshop Link
    Dropbox Download

Enjoy!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeApr 1st 2016

Oh my, Daniel, that is incredible! I don't know how you did it, but it really feels like the real ride - which is one of my all-time favorite by the way.

Great model as well, albeit the restraints are a bit weird. But hey, this is just so much fun, and once again, so true to the real counterpart. Well done!
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav

I haven't ridden one, so it might just be me, but it feels difficult to get it properly spinning. Is there a knack to it or something?
    Amazing model and script, by the way, absolutely sublime.
    i love you
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^^ Just like the real one, the controls are intimidating at first and you gotta get some practice to have at least one successful loop. Basically the control works in pair -> lower the left wing while rise the right one. Once your seat starts to rock back, lower the right arm and rise the left one. You will start to amplify the motion, just like on a chairswing. Repeat until you go all the way around, and then, keep your wings at the same place to keep spinning.
    Damn Daniel.
    I love it so much. I don't know where and when I could fit it in a park, but I need to xD
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Posted By: TIMxVDxSTEENDamn Daniel.

No
    ^ I know.
    Oh. My. God. This is the greatest flat ride in the history of NL2.
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas

This ride is really cool. Love the animation/idea and i want to give you something back for your script work ;) Iam working on new textures for the ride. Here is a little and fast preview. Thats not the final version.

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

So W controls the left wing and A controls the right? Can you edit the default configurations to your liking?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

No, 4 keys are used:

left wingright wing
    downQW
    upAS

Which makes most sense with the default nl2 configuration and a QWERT keyboard layout in my opinion if you want to allow independent wing movements and therefore make it a little challange to coordinate the wings correctly (as on the real ride). ;-)

The keys that can be used in scripts are the following:

You can change the controls by replacing these expressions in the SkyflyScript.nlvm the way you want it, or change the nl2 keyboard configuration.

Posted By: iSatnavIs there a knack to it or something?

You can see how to coordinate the wing movement to make it spin in the video. ;-)

Posted By: KingRCT3albeit the restraints are a bit weird

:D That's already version 2 of the restraints but since I share your opinion there's a chance that there will be an update with version 3.
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeApr 2nd 2016

NOW THIS IS HOW YOU RIDE A SKY FLY! He does an insane amount of flips, watch until the end to see the flip count!
    Dave needs to calm down.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeApr 3rd 2016 edited

Can the very rare Intamin Sky Pilot ride be done by Daniel and TheCodeMaster?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpWTwTVzIKA

I think it can be done since the gersature sky fly was very successful.

Here is some neat history on that ride.

http://www.dalebrumfield.net/?fb_comment_id=700251526746800_720855694686383#!Part-22-Shy-Plot-What-the-Heck-is-a-Shy-Plot-OH-Sky-Pilot/c154d/56c8e15e0cf2de8a4792748a
    ^^^ show off
    • CommentAuthorSvatlas
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2016

The textures are ready. Bestdani has the new model and the new version will be coming soon.

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2016 edited

Looks amazing, great work Svatlas!

just curious, did you use Algorithmic Substance Designer? I've been thinking about getting it for a while but haven't decided on it.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see you're using Painter instead :)
    • CommentAuthormuchwoo
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2016 edited

As you usual an amazing work Svatlas (and the Bestdani ride is amazing)!
    •  
      CommentAuthorTyrush
    • CommentTimeApr 6th 2016

Wow I saw the first version and was impressed, then I saw the updated photos and I am in awe. Great work!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeApr 13th 2016 edited

Svatlas finished our Sky Fall model and textures modification of the Sky Fly with some support by freefall and me. "Much" made a teaster video of it. More details in the object's description.

youtube video
    (Click on the image for a YouTube video).

Get it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2016

Here, you can also find the file here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeApr 23rd 2016

NL2PKGs are made to be extracted in the NL2 Editor (File -> Extract Package) and since they are ZIP compatible it should be no problem to extract them with your favorite zip program (works with 7zip for example).

The example park shows how to use the script in combination with the scenery object in addition to the instruction pictures.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeApr 29th 2016

You can also just add the script in the script tab of sco settings (if you use the default lights from nl2 you have to save the nl2sco file into your personal park directory first to edit the assigned scripts).
    EDIT: Solve, I found the solution ;)

Hey, does anyone know what does this mean ?

"Exception: ViewTrigger is not an instance of com.nolimitscoaster.Script"

I want to launch a blender animation in walk mode. All work, the animation is launched by a trigger (in walk mode), but this error message appear :/
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2016

I just wanted to let you know that my Sky Fly model is now recolorable (and therefore it requires NL2 v. 2.2.4.2 to use it).
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTimeMay 11th 2016

Do we have to download it again?