Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeAug 16th 2017 edited

Hey everyone,

I wanted to announce that I've added triggered video playback screens in my Nanopulse Park, the scripts can also be used for custom triggered texture animation playbacks of every kind you can think of. Minor update affects the train decoration which is now recolorable using entity colors which were not available when the first version was created.

Steam Workshop Link
    Dropbox Download
    • CommentAuthorjakecallan
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2017

Thank you so much for this!
    I'm wondering if there is a way to add a 5-10 second delay to the trigger of your water fountain/fire particle scripts? For example the train usually runs over a trigger and the fire/fountain trigger instantly, is there a way to delay it?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeAug 25th 2017 edited

^ Not without modifying the scripts which could be adding just some constants for each script file or derived script from a master script. Also some special workaround preferences for the objects would work, like special commands in the text field, using configuration text files or abusing the object color for this.

I'm not really willing to implement such workaround solutions for these objects since they would probably confuse the vast majority of people resulting in making the objects not as accessible as they were meant to be. The derived script classes solution might work but is also not as accessible since it involves some actual script programming which might result in as confusing error warnings when not properly done.

The most straight forward solution might be having different variants already present like immediate, 5s, 10s, 15s delay - for very special cases one could learn from these examples how to make his/her(?) own delay time - that's kind of like the approach I chose for the texture animations since it is mandatory to specify the framerate of the animation playback in the scripts (but I could bet that there would be questions then how to make a 12s delay then from people not even considered looking at the examples xD)

Isn't it an option to just move the trigger to a point where the train will be 20 seconds later for example?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2017 edited

Hey, I added some more features to the sound sphere and also reworked the design since I felt the old one could easily cover to much screen space and since it was transparent it could also cause some Editor lag very easily: This is the new design for now, I would like to ask if you have any further suggestions for the design.
    http://i.imgur.com/NZekfBdh.jpg

For comparison here's a screenshot of the old design:

Greetings,
    Daniel
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeSep 3rd 2017 edited

The sound spheres are now updated. They use the new design and can now be triggered!
    Sound Spheres - Steam Workshop Link
    Sound Spheres - Dropbox Download

And I have uploaded some scripts for attaching objects to special tracks using the new API methods:
    Attach To Special Track Scripts Steam - Workshop Link
    Attach To Special Track Scripts - Dropbox Download
    Triggered sound spheres sounds really useful! Thanks!
    • CommentAuthorMrRC
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2017 edited

Your water fountain, saying triggered, but i can't find any trigger in your script.

Is it possible with Tracklistener (track triggers) to activate and stop the water fountain ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2017

Ooops, the object name was wrong. But since I had an actual triggerable version on my computer in the same directory I updated the package. But note that this is a relatively old object which I would consider a bit outdated in the way how it has to be used and also for both the visual quality and performance (when heavily used).