Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2015 edited

Hi guys,

since I did a full, quite detailed trip report of the same locations last year (Clicky) this one is going to be mostly pictures speaking for itself. Hope you'll enjoy it nonetheless. :)

Day 1/June 16: Miniatur-Wunderland Hamburg

Watch the video here

DJ Bobo live in concert (20,000 visitors!)

Poonikins, is it you?

Airport Knuffingen

... and in the evening.

Looking at this pictures lets me always think it's real ... well, you know "real"-real ;)

Top Spin, unfortunately static

Everyday office life

Cool performance. *badum tss*

They even have trains!

Even snowmen need to keep fit.

Day 2/June 17: Heide-Park (meeting Ole, sadly no pics)

The longest waiting time were at the box office: 30 minutes! The rest of day about 10-15 minutes maximum (except our first ride on Krake).

Nice (or unoriginal) Immelmann combo ;)

Colossos wasn't that enjoyable because of the constant jolts throughout the whole ride, I couldn't remember them being so intense.

Day 3/June 18: Hansa-Park

Almost no visitors, waiting times below 10 minutes everwhere (thanks to the single rider queue on Fluch von Novgorod), most of the time even below 5 minutes. Walking the queue often took longer that waiting at the gates.

I don't think it was a good idea to put the loudest part of Nessie (the brakes) into a tunnel. Ouch, my ears! Awesome Schwarzkopf, though.

Interesting support

Yay, Vekoma (not that bad honestly).

Fluch von Novgorod's only inversion ...

... and the airtime hill (airtime is an understatement, haha)

Kärnan! More pics and a video below this report.

Hansa-Park is so beautiful.

Did I mention how well-themed Hansa-Park is?

Die Glocke ("The Bell")

Beautiful and well-themed Mexican area in which you have access to the amazing laser and effect show.

Have I already said how beautiful Hansa-Park is?

Yep, I was there. :D

Day 4/June 19: Sightseeing in Hamburg

(Tidal) Port of Hamburg

Looking in the other direction. The white ship is named Cap San Digeo and is now defunct. Today it contains a museum and a hotel with room for 12 people. In the background you can see the still unfinished Elbphilharmonie (Philharmonic Hall at River Elbe) containg a concert hall, a hotel and apartments - under construction since 2007, the costs will add up from ca. 80 million to about 800 million €. Estimated opening scheduled for early 2017.

Huge container ship ready to leave

Much traffic on the River Elbe
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 22nd 2015

If you followed until here you shall be rewarded. Here is the video of the testrun of Kärnan: Clicky.

And also more pictures of Kärnan. Those pictures don't do justice to its height.

Thanks a lot for reading and watching. Hope you liked it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

Nice pictures! I really have to make it down to Germany one day, so many awesome parks!
    Great pictures. Do they really redo that flower bed every day?
    • CommentAuthorrct800

Great Trip report! I Love Hamburg, my beautiful hometown :) Guess I'm pretty happy to have both Heide and Hansa Park within a 1 hour range.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Thanks for the comments! I suppose they put a new date there every day as cactuses in pebble gravel should be able to be rearranged easily.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

A nice trip report with great pictures and a superb video of the Kärnan testrun.
    • CommentAuthorgeek87de
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2015

great photos of a nice trip

did you take group photos? :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJun 24th 2015

Thank you. :)

^We both (Ole and myself, no more attendants) totally forgot about a "group" picture at Heide-Park which is really a shame. :/ The next day at Hansa-Park I spent alone so no group photo either. Though I bought an onride photo of Fluch von Novgorod ... but I'm hesitant about posting it because other people (and children) pictured on it.
    Blur them out and then post? Shame we didn't get to see you and Ole.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

(Seriously, I haven't considered this at any point. lol)

Here you go ...
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

That kid next to you is scaring me.