Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Hi. I'm making my first 3D building for the entrance of my park, but when I export the .3ds file and use NL2 to convert it to .nl2sco, some textures are missing. As you can see, it isn't a certain texture that disappears, but in some parts it is just missing and in other parts it's there as it should. Here are some pics of what I'm talking about:

While in Sketchup it's normal:

For I started using it just yesterday, I don't know why it's doing this. I've also selected the ambient shadow fix in the advanced tab when using the .nl2sco editor to convert the .3ds file. Any help?
    You should export it as a .dae, firstly NL2 handles the objects much more efficiently, and secondly it saves all your textures in one folder, so this shouldn't happen. Also, you will no longer need the ambient shadow fix.
    I had exactly this problem for ages before I worked it out. It's because faces have a front and back. If you texture the back (which can still technically be on the 'front' you see), it'll show as untextured. The backs of faces have a slight blue tint, although I just resorted to texturing both sides. I haven't really tested with .dae much, but I'm pretty sure he's right ^
    Ok, I exported it in .dae but when I try to convert it into .nl2sco it I see that .dae is not a supported file so it doesn't show up in the list.

EDIT:
    ^ Oh my god you made my day. It was it! Thank you, thank you, thank you. I'm interested in .dae also because I think you're right that it's better in nl2, but it says it doesn't support it as I've already written. Is it normal?
    Anyway, now I can go on making crappy 3D models while feeling happy because I can make a very simple building with windows and bad textures eheh!
    Have you updated your No Limits?
    ^^ Really wish I had been you when I asked about that problem months ago -.- But yay <3
    ^^ You got it. It's been a long time since I've last used NoLimits and I haven't had time to update it. Thank you guys, really helpful!
    •  
      CommentAuthoriSatnav
    • CommentTimeJun 23rd 2015

If this happens again, make sure the name of the 3d model and the nl2sco don't have spaces in them.