Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorWayne
    • CommentTimeJun 26th 2015

Working on my very first items/3d models for NoLimits2 I have been making buildings and other simple models for Trainz12 and a few other games. Though I would take a stab at NoLimits2 and try to finally learn how to build a coaster. So here are a few screenshots of the making of my ride called "Thall".

ThallCustomSign

OnBoardThall

ThallLandscaping
    •  
      CommentAuthorSandorvdl

the flowers are realy well done! looks really cool!
    •  
      CommentAuthormcrc.2305

looks really cool. is there going to be a path near those flowers. it would benefit for realism as the flowers would need to be taken care of
    • CommentAuthorWayne

Posted By: Sandorvdlthe flowers are realy well done! looks really cool!

Thank you! Need to add more detail this was all done in a few hours, need's more work.

Posted By: mcrc.2305looks really cool. is there going to be a path near those flowers. it would benefit for realism as the flowers would need to be taken care of

Yes, I'm going to have some type of path to go near the flowers by the water, and by the sign in the other picture as well. Just need to figure out how to use the painting tool to make items look realistic. Once I do this I will have to post more pictures. I also need to figure out how to measure the height/bottom of the track so I can make my own station. I may just throw something really simple in 3DS Max and use it as a tool to measure heights in feet.
    •  
      CommentAuthorjamiechi
    • CommentTimeJun 27th 2015 edited

^ Try this for making a station (short version). I turned off the track visibility and disabled the display of the roof for the default station. I set the grid to imperial but you could use meters if your want. Take three pictures, side, front and top. I use the Snipping tool in Windows. Notice on the displayed grid where the '0' is. You need this as a refrence later in 3ds Max. I don't use 3DS Max, but I assume you can set the pictures as a background. Display grid in 3DS Max to the same settings that you use in NL2 and scale background picture to match grid. Build your station model directly over the background pictures, add textures, then export as DAE format. Turn off default station and import your station. It should be right where the default station was. (I am assuming your default station is orthogonal to your views. If not it may need to be rotated before taking pictures.)
    Edit: I believe your pivot point in 3DS Max should align with the '0' in all three views. I use Rhino 3D and this is called the Origin there. This should make your station show up in the exact spot you need in NL2. (You may need to reset the position coordinates of your station to zero. I positioned my station in my 3d modeler to insure the sation showed up in NL2 exactly where I wanted it.)
    • CommentAuthorWayne
    • CommentTimeJun 28th 2015 edited

Thanks for the tip jamiechi! Working on the station as we speak. Also made a few small Trash Can items to add as scenery around the park, hope to make them in other colors or just plain colors to share as a download!

New Trash Bins

Check out CoasterPeople.com
    •  
      CommentAuthorrockbely
    • CommentTimeJun 29th 2015

Nice! Can't wait to see more!
    • CommentAuthorWayne

Thanks rockbely! Hope to be able to make a bunch of good content for everyone to download!
    •  
      CommentAuthorjamiechi

^^^ Good luck with your station. I'm still working on mine. Can always use more kinds of Trash Cans.
    • CommentAuthorWayne
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2015

Free Download! You can download the following by clicking on the link above the image.

Let me know if you guys like these? Or if they could use a complete make over or something, give me some feedback on my site or on here! I really hope they come in use for your parks, I will have the other set with the open top up for download at a later date. I will post in here when they are up for download!

Click here for the download link
    New Download for NL2
    Waynes parks! waynes parks! party time! Excellent! Bew bew bew bew!
    • CommentAuthorWayne
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2015

I like your thinking Ajax!!! hahaha
    •  
      CommentAuthorjamiechi
    • CommentTimeJul 1st 2015 edited

I still get a message "Download not available". Do I need to create an acount and log in? Thanks.
    • CommentAuthorWayne
    • CommentTimeJul 2nd 2015

Yes jamiechi, you will need to create a account for the site to get the download.