Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2015 edited

New link for those who have a bug : New link
    Updates are disabled on this version

[This software has bugs in it, all the scripts may not work as expected]

Let's begin with the most impostant thing, this tool can animate every models, but there is some restrictions, you can find the post here ! (if you dont do this, the SceneObjectElement animation may bug, but global animation will anyway works :))

If you saw Lights Animator, you probably know what this tool will do :)

Lets see a short demo :

Model & Spotlight by bestdani from his Light effects kit

This tool is basically a Script Generator designed to animate models.

First of all, I have to say that, if you want to animate a door to open and close, this is not the best tool, it can do it, but your script will have 800lines instead of 200 (for a door animation). But for Flat Ride and more complex animation (like for spotlights, moving head), it's the best (yeah the best!) way to do it.
    Anyway, let's start with the interface.

You may recognize the interface from Lights Animator, because basically it's almost the same.

Show Length : The length of the show... In milliseconds.
    Script name : Well... The name of the script !

To delete an animation, right click it => Add OR Double click on the list.
    To delete an animation, right click it => Delete
    To modify, double click on it, or right click => Edit

You have 2 tabs,
    "TimeLine" => The timeline
    "Trigger and details" => When to trigger the script and more

Add a new animation :

A bit more complex than Lights Animator.

Start time: When to start

Length : The time needed to complete the animation

Property : Choose between Rotation / Position / Scale

Axis : Choose between X / Y / Z

Easing : Choose an easing.
    Important thing here, every easing can be found here.
    This part is inspired by the NoLimitsFramework by geforcefan

Parameter : How much you want to add.( note : Rotation : value is in degrees. )
    You can use decimal values here(and negatives)

Relative Position : If you check this, it will add your value to the current value. If you don't check this, it'll be set to your value.
    Exemple :
    Checked (value = 45, base = 10 ) : End Value = 45 + 10 = 55.
    No Checked (value = 45, base = 10 ): End Value = 45.

Scene Object Element : To target a Scene Object Element, put it's name, leave free to target the Scene Oject.

Description : Describe if you want.

Set the way you want the animation to work,

Auto trigger : Start with the simulation.
    Coaster trigger : Link your animation to a trigger on a coaster. You have to set the coaster and start trigger, but the end trigger is optional.You can set multiple triggers, use / to seperate the differents triggers
    Loop show : When you reach the end of your animation, if the show is looped, it will start again and again, if it's not, nothing will happens :3

When you're done, click "Save"

Click Copy To Clipboard to get it in ctrl+c or save to dirrectly save your script.

The script generated is ready to use, you just have to create the file : YourScriptName.nlvm , then attach it to a NL2SCO !

Important thing :

- There is an auto updater, so you will always get the lastest version !
    - Every show created with this tool can be edited with it.
    - If you find a bug, report it down bellow :)

Useless thing :
    The script will have ~970lines + number of animation... That's quite a lot :)

I hope it'll be useful, enjoy!

And download here !

1.0.0.0 :
    First Release

1.0.0.1:
    First debug

1.0.0.2:
    Generation debug

Corrected Bounce Easing.

Scale animation debug

Now avoid the null pointer exeption

Corrected a bug created with 1.0.0.5

secret update (nothing important)

Coding layout corrected
    Now avoid nullpointer
    Debug with differents notations ( . or , )

Bug corrected
    This is going to be very useful! Thank you
    This will save a lot of time for a lot of people! Thanks a bunch!
    Omgomgomgomgomg. You are gradually becoming my favourite person :3

Should be pretty useful for all those basic animations I've never been able to do myself (doors, spinning stuff, e.t.c)
    CoasterFan. It's already my favorite person!
    "It's". Lol.
    OMG !!! this will save the tiime i wast to make my script manually!! thank you so much bro
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2015 edited

This looks quite good and very easy so far.
    Because I cannot test it currently I want to ask if the generated script takes over the control of the scene object elements completely or is it still calling the functions of the moving head class like rgbMh.pointTo(Vector3f dir) for example?

By the way: Do you make use of GeForceFan's Framework in general? I think it would be awesome to have a GUI for it, since it already provides great methods for easily generating animations.
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeJul 16th 2015

If I understand your question (but I dont think so ^^')

The script is calling predefined functions for every SceneObjectElement. (I think I didn't understand ^^")

And because I wanted to generate only one script, I'm not using any class or the GeForceFan's Framework. But in some parts, I had a look how it works.
    i really really really need help :/
    i don't understand relativ position:
    my first action get restreints up and then my second should get them down but it go back to initial pos and get down so it go trought the seats x)
    i haven't check relativ pos for the first and i have check for the second
    can you help me ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2015

When using relative positions, you set the parameter to 90, it will add 90°. When you dont use relative position, it will set the position to 90°.

Initialy, if your rotation value is 120.
    When using relative position with a parameter equal to 90 : Adding 90° so : 120 + 90 = 210°
    When not using relative positions with a parameter equal to 90 : Seting the rotation to 90°, so 120 - 30 = 90°. (120-30 is calculated by the script)

In one case you add 90, in the other, "you add -30" to set the end rotation to 90.

Understood ? :)
    I think i understand but i still have my probleme because i use relativ value in the first actionso it rotate of 80° then in my second action when i use it it go back to 0 and rotate of -80°
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

When the second action is call (which is to set it back to 0°), it goes trought the seats. Try to use relative with parameter of -80. Maybe the initial rotation is not 0° ^^
    not working i don't know why ^^ i'm stupid i think ^^

here is the script https://www.dropbox.com/s/ya81kgszvwe6js3/Test.nlvm?dl=0
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Can you send me the park? It's maybe an error from the script generator ^^
    sorry i put it on my last comment https://www.dropbox.com/s/ya81kgszvwe6js3/Test.nlvm?dl=0
    here is the park https://www.dropbox.com/s/l5yfjnlnovn1ubx/Test.nl2pkg?dl=0
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeJul 17th 2015 edited

Edit edit : Ok I see the problem.. I think I know where it comes from, probably not from you, but from the generator
    For the moment, keep your script like this, I'll try to find the bug and correct it asap, you'll just have to regenerate your script latter ^^

Edit edit edit : I think i've found the problem... At least a part of it.. It's strange, i'll try to fix it tomorrow.
    Have you find the problem ? is it fixed ? :3
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

I've found the problem, but the solution... I'm still testing some fix but.. It's strange x)
    I'll update as soon as possible.

Edit : Nolimits is fun... When updating the rotation on X, the Z value changes while the X stays the same... (This is maybe why it's bugging)
    Edit Edit : Well not always, it depends of the model... Of what is the model I don't know -_-'
    Edit Edit Edit : PROBLEM FOUND ! It's from the model ! There is some... Stange things... But I know why it bugs and how to solve the bug :) I'll make a post soon to explain how to solve the bug
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Really Imporant thing ! Because of Nolimits, you have to do some changes to your model in order to use this generator!

Let's see how to fix this bug :

On the right : The bugged model :
    On the left : The corrected model :

For this "tutorial" (lol), I'll use Cinema4D to show you how to do with it. (I think is nearly the same on other "big" editor)

First let's see the model that I used to debug (From Rctortigos74) :

In Cinema4D select the object you want to animate :

We can see the 3 Axis, X Y Z and their default rotation in the bottom right :
    X = 90°
    Y = 0°
    Z = -180°

And here is the main problem, in order to work, they all must be by default to 0° 0° 0°. (or something close, from 0 to 89 this should be ok)
    To correct this without changing your rotation, click on this icon (shortcuts L) : =>

Change them now to 0° 0° 0° :

Now, the default rotation is 0° for the 3 axis, and your model position hasn't changed !

This is the only fix that I've found for the moment, if you find and easier one, please send it here.

For blender :

I dont use blender, so you can try this : http://blender.stackexchange.com/questions/15944/method-to-align-object-local-axis-with-global-plane-when-rotating-on-local-axis
    It still not work :/

edit: i just see there is an update
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Try to use this model : download

Don't forget to reload your Scene Object. Because here (and on the gif), it works correctly.

edit : the update doesn't affect this bug, because it comes not from the script but from the model ^^ (+new link)
    My model is perfect and all my rotations a set to 0 i don't know what is happenning !!! x)
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Omg I forgot, I changed your script a bit x_x,

http://pastebin.com/zkFjjWBn
    It's totally not working you're not using use relativ pos ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

the models are exactly the same O_o

edit: how do you add picture to your comment ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Nop ^^,
    The axis direction on the REST object are differents. In the first one (model), the model's axis have a rotation property (90 0 -180). In the corrected model, axis have no rotation property.

Edit:

On the right, the model before changes, on the left, after changes
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I think you should just leave the restraints up all the time when the ride is running. Then you would not have to mess with animating them. Just make sure the people hold on really tight.
    here are the models on blender

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j400/Tommy_Ortigosa/Capture_zps5n6tdxxy.png

http://i1083.photobucket.com/albums/j400/Tommy_Ortigosa/Capture_zpsavsiormw.png

and i tryed to import on 3ds max it's the same thing

edit: my restraint are like +90° when i run the simulation
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Aw.. hmmm... What ? I don't know why... Maybe an option or a bug from blender and 3ds... I've downloaded blender i'm trying to see why x)
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

i do not think you need restraints when you are riding. You do not got much any airtime so you should be able to sit on the seats with the restraints up for the whole ride.
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

I found the problem ! On blender !

On the bottom of the image, by default you have Gimbal (or maybe something else), set it to LOCAL, not normal.

I'm now searching how to edit that xD

Edit : Can't find a method to "reset" axis on blender without changing the rotation..
    it changes nothing :3 + i can't run your software :( it says me you can't run this app on you computer contact the app creator

edit: to reset rotations on blender press ctrl+a and select rotation
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

It only change the axis on the view, it shows you how the axis really are.
    Which "software" ? Models Animator ? o_O?
    yes model animator is no longer working x)
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

It only says ? "you can't run this app on you computer contact the app creator" Or you have something else ? Try to reboot your computer x)
    no since i've update it it is not working it say contact the app creator not the administrator
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

But nothing has changed... Listen, try to reboot and if this doesn't work.... i'll see ^^
    Sorry to be anoying but it's still not working :3

edit: it's a compatibility problem
    edit2: it's a compatibility problem with windows 8
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

• CommentAuthorHooch
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2015

Hi Yedrimas
    Thank you so much for this amazing piece of Software. I have been struggling with an animated door setup for more than a week. You script generator allowed me to complete this, so I can move on and have fun again :)

then just 2 (Possible)Bug Reports:

1. I encounter the following error the first time the script is triggered in play mode: (after which it runs perfectly) (Full script in http://pastebin.com/p8p4t5DM

Exception: NullPointerException
    at public void LaunchDoor1.FirstSetTransZ(int,nlvm.lang.String) in line 253
    at public void LaunchDoor1.TranslationZ(int,int,int,double,nlvm.lang.String,double,bool)
    at public void LaunchDoor1.UpdateZPosition(double)
    at public void LaunchDoor1.onNextFrame(float)
    at public final void com.nolimitscoaster.Script.run()

2. In the Triggers and details Tab, It states the the End Trigger may be left Empty.
    This seems to not be the case.
    I had to create an end trigger and add it to my track in order to make the script work.

Thanks again for the great work
    • CommentAuthorole

I think it would be much better if the script would show some error messages when objects or coasters were not found, instead of crashing with a NullPointerException.
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2015 edited

Happens sometimes :D, I'm searchin why.
    I'll update this post latter :)

1. Your first problems comes from your 3D model.
    It seems like the Scene Object Element that you're trying to use "Bottom" (or "Top") doesn't exist.

2. Still investigating.
    I need more details, when you say the script didn't work. What happens when you leave free the end trigger ?

And that's a nice idea, I"ll do it for the next update
    • CommentAuthorHooch

Hi Thanks

The model strangely works fine even with the error as above - Top door slides up and bottom door slides down-
    the error occurs once, only when the first train triggers it.

2. When the End Trigger is left blank, the following error occurs immediately on park loading, and the rest of the script does not innitialise

at public bool LaunchDoor1.onInit() in line 109

at public bool LaunchDoor1.onInit() in line 109

(I presume it is there twice as I have door opening and closing in the same script,)
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

I've done a little update, maybe it will avoid your first problem.
    Get the latest version 1.0.0.5 1.0.0.6, generate the script with this version and tell me if it works ^^

OK I CREATED A BUG ON VERSION 1.0.0.5 => updating soon to 1.0.0.6
    • CommentAuthorHooch

I think the version 1.0.0.6 is broken -The auto updater Loops
    and when using the download link in first post I get the same problem as RCtortigos74 Above

Edit -- Ignore That
    Seems installed ok now
    Will test my script and report back
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Well.. I'm searching about the compatibility problem... Even if I don't understand how it's possible...

Edit : Ok nice! x)
    Edit Edit : Found the bug with the end trigger ! Fixing it
    • CommentAuthorHooch

Ok, The trigger problem has been resolved
    The following error now occurs on park load: (the script however still runs as expected after the error)

at public bool LaunchDoor1.CheckSCOE() in line 141
    at public bool LaunchDoor1.onInit()
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Is this the same script ? Can I see it ? :)