Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorHooch
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2015

It is still the same script unless 1.0.0.6 changes the layout-- then
    1.0.0.4 --> http://pastebin.com/p8p4t5DM
    1.0.0.6 --> http://pastebin.com/M6p5h2Bx
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeJul 18th 2015 edited

I can't find why...
    Can you upload the package so I can take a look with the model and everything ?
    Just to be sure, the coaster name is Vlakyrie or Valkyrie ? x)
    • CommentAuthorHooch

lol
    Believe it or not - It should be Valkyrie XD
    (Working Title)
    Thanks to copy pasting, I never saw that
    Uploading to dropbox - will whisper you the link
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Correct the name in your script, set it to Valkyrie. The nullpointer exception comes from
    coaster = sim.getCoaster("Vlakyrie");
    StartTrigger0 = coaster.getTrackTrigger(StartTriggerName0);

Trying to use coaster when obviously, it didn't find it ^^
    This is the real coaster name x)
    [edit : ok, got your package ^^]
    Edit edit : Ok.... The game consider the script not attached to a Scene Object... But it works... Wtf...
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

OK ! I Finally found the bug !
    You attached a Model Animator script to the coaster !
    In coaster properties => Script : LaunchDoor1 ! The door (the second one) is not throwing any error ! this is the script attached to the coaster that's throwing an error ! ^^

Btw : I love your coaster and the 3d models, looks nice :)
    • CommentAuthorHooch

AAARRGHH
    You got to be kidding me Xp
    In all the other attempts at getting it going I could'nt figure if it should be attached to the door or coaster. and forgot it there

I thank you loads for your patients in this. Thank you thank you.
    This is an amazing program you wrote, I'll be moving onto the lights animator next. (i'll stick with on / off for now :) if it was not for guys like you and Bestdani and Musickid43, i would not even attempt these special scripting features available.

thanks for the compliment On my coaster, the trackwork is just there to keep the blockscript from falling appart :) will still decide where to take it from here.
    Will hopefully start a formal introduction thread for it soon.

Thank you again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Well, you're welcome ^^
    Thanks it reworks on my pc ;)
    How far can this script maker go? Can I get something like Meganica to work or is it impossible to do with this script maker?
    Can I say script maker? :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2015 edited

Meganica ? Well.. I don't know what is this but I think you can (Yeah, I'm pretty confident ^^)
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2015

Ok that's what I thougth ^^.
    Well, you can, but the it seems that the seats have a free rotation, and the tools can't set the rotation free.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeJul 22nd 2015

hey Yedrimas!

This is super awesome and fantastic. I also use C4d so, this is really going to help me make custom flat rides. Can't wait to actually spent the time looking through this forum and making my stuff live. This is super helpful to me especially since I couldn't figure out how to make a c4d file animate in nl2.
    Need help!
    When I make a arm swing and I want the seats to be spinning separately and in the same time fallowing the arm. How do I do that?
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015

I wonder, would it be possible to make animatronics with this? Say, I make a simple human with 2 legs, 2 arms and make these SceneObjectElements. Would it be possible to animate them with your program?
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015 edited

Posted By: JL NoLimitsNeed help!
    When I make a arm swing and I want the seats to be spinning separately and in the same time fallowing the arm. How do I do that?

Hmmm... The children of an object always take the rotation og the parent.. So you can maybe try to rotate the seat of -45 when you rotate the arm of 45.

Posted By: rcthI wonder, would it be possible to make animatronics with this? Say, I make a simple human with 2 legs, 2 arms and make these SceneObjectElements. Would it be possible to animate them with your program?

You can make robots, but the script generated is moving object without deforming polygons.
    edit : (I'm maybe wrong, I don't realle know how it works x) )
    •  
      CommentAuthorrcth
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015

What do you mean by deforming polygons?
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015 edited

this is deforming polygons - from Frame Animation Script

Nevermind, this is frame animation x)

The best way to know is to try actually :D
    • CommentAuthorTrigger
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2015

Thank you very much for sharing your great program.
    Unfortunately I have a problem. I created an easy model in SketchUp consisting three elements (just stacked cuboids) and added the script out of the "Models Animator". The movements (rotation) work, but the elements rotate around one element´s corner instead of the centre.
    I tryed many different thinks, mainly assign the element centre in Sketchup, but nothing changed. It seems to be independent of the distance of the element from the origin in SketchUp...
    Has anyone an Idea what is the problem and how it could be solved?
    Thank´s for support :-)
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2015 edited

Can you upload the model so I can see where's the problem precisely ? :)
    • CommentAuthorTrigger
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2015

Hello Yedrimas,
    sure I can upload it. Therefore I created a rar data consting the script, nl2sco´s and so on, but I don´t know how and where to upload... Can you tell me?
    best regard´s
    trigger
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2015 edited

You can upload you file on Mega, no register needed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorgeforcefan

Posted By: YedrimasAnd because I wanted to generate only one script, I'm not using any class or the GeForceFan's Framework. But in some parts, I had a look how it works.

Since you use almost similar things how I did in my Framework, it would make more sense to make a GUI for NLFramework actually.

Posted By: bestdaniBy the way: Do you make use of GeForceFan's Framework in general? I think it would be awesome to have a GUI for it, since it already provides great methods for easily generating animations.

I am actually working on a GUI method for generating scripts based on my framework. You probably know xpresso nodes from Cinema4D? I will build something similar. Just stay tuned :)

I have to mention that not only the easings are inspired by me... I see to whole thing is.
    • CommentAuthorTrigger

Hello Yedrimas,
    with MEGA has not worked, so i tryed with dropbox. Here is the dropbox link:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/tofnt206jl12pqn/AACkCHkOw5VwyGxgyDDhNwtca?dl=0

I hope it worked, cause im not very confident in these thinks. Please tell me, if you have access to the data
    and thank you very much for your help :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

With the element 1, the pivot point is in a corner, that's why this isn't working.

And it's the same with all other elements
    • CommentAuthorTrigger

Thank you for the advice,
    but then I don´t understand, why element 2 (the red one) is rotating correctly. In SketchUp the pivot point is not setted in the geometric center, but it rotates correct. And what is the difference in the script between element1 and 2?
    Number 2 (Red) rotates continuous and number 1 (Green/Blue), using the same script, jumps from site to site...
    Do you know a way to define the pivot point in Sketchup?

Best regards
    Trigger

edit:
    I found a way to define the priviot point and now the elements rotating around the right position, but still jump after each sequence to the starting point and than the next sequence start. e.g. rotate 45° to the right, jump to start position, rotate 90° to the left, rotate 45° to the right again but it is intend to rotate in a smooth movement...
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

With the element 2, you're rotating the whole object while with the first one you were targeting the part2.
    When rotating a SceneObject (Element2), Nolimits2 take the center of it as a pivot point.
    When rotating a SceneObjectElement (Element1), Nolimits2 take the existing object's pivot point.

This is why with Element1, the rotation is strange and not with the Element2.

I don't know how to define the pivot point in Sketchup and I think it's not possible :/. Try with Blender.
    • CommentAuthorloloke
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2015

hello I have a question I would like to make a condor https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJabG3HQ03U but I cant get the rotation for the gondelcrosses right
    i have the arms they spin good but i need to have the crosses attached to the arms like the video how can i do it

with kind regards loloke
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

The gondelcrosses must be a children the arms in your 3d model.
    • CommentAuthorloloke

How do you mean?
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

Which 3d software are you using ?
    • CommentAuthorloloke

Sketchup pro
    • CommentAuthorloloke

first i need to know if i can work it now there are only ideas and some testing i can make it go up and let it spin only the gondel crosses i cant let spin now
    and i think its verry difficult to make the gondels swing but if i know how i can get the gondelcrosses spin i can get verry far
    • CommentAuthorJcoaster95
    • CommentTimeDec 18th 2015

So how do I list an object that's under a parent? (in the "Scene Object Element" box)

I'm using SketchUp, if that helps.... the program works with the highest component, but anything under that it can't find when I just type its name....

I've tried things like Arm/Gondola1 and Arm.Gondola1 to access Gondola1, but nothing seems to work.

Help?
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeDec 19th 2015

If your object is correctly named, this should be "Gondola1".
    •  
      CommentAuthormkj3322
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2016 edited

Sorry to be a pain and bump an old thread, but I am actually using this animator and it's working great so far. Iv'e been able to get my model to move and even set specific pivot points (Axis) for my sub objects. I only have one question, which is what format do you put under "Scenery Object Element" in order to ensure that the element works ( I receive an error saying not found in the simulator.) I named the components, however that is not the name you're supposed to use in that fill in box? Thank you.

This works as a whole

This has the right/ desired pivot points. I'm trying to get the name of this element to work.

•  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeMay 18th 2016

I don't know this tool but you can always check how the names are seen in NL2 after export from your modeller using the "add clipping" feature in the NL2SCO dialog:

http://i.imgur.com/AGBGNDL.png

(Adding some clipping might be a good idea anyway.)
    •  
      CommentAuthormkj3322

That was literally all I needed and I spent hours looking. Granted I have to fix some of the groups, but that's it. Thanks so much! Now I just have to see why the swing is rotating upon the central axis instead of the one that I predefined.

Lol

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Can this ride be height adjustable? I want to use it in my Takoma View Land with the booster ride and the other thrill and family rides.

The seats cannot be any higher than 120 feet from the main park floor when fully swung out. Otherwise the camera will not stay in the seat.
    • CommentAuthorloloke
    • CommentTimeJun 19th 2016 edited

hello

since yesterday my modelsanimator doesn't work anymore it has updated and now he said it isn't good
    for windows 10 do you have a solution for this problem or a new download link i like this program verry much end use it every day

with kind regards loloke
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2016 edited

Indeed, something weird happened...
    Do not run this program again until I find what's wrong. Never told it to update....
    you can delete the new .exe since I dont know where it comes from.
    I'll provide a new link in few minutes.

Seems like it comes from the host, still I dont know why it updated since if the connection fails he shouldnt start the update.

EDIT :

This comes from the host, the program is just a incomplete version of the exe, that's why it can't run correctly.

Here's the new link :

Updates are disabled on this version : click
    • CommentAuthorloloke
    • CommentTimeJun 20th 2016

hello yedrimas
    thank you for the fast support
    i am verry happy that i can play again
    keep continu your projects you build great things

with kind regarts loloke
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas

You're welcome.
    And thank that'ss very nice of you :)
    • CommentAuthorloloke

hello sorry to ask here
    but can someone explain
    i am building a ferris wheel
    and the wheel itself turns good but i cant get the gondela spin the right way
    i use sketchup but i cant get iw working good
    maybe mkj3322 can tell me how he dit with the starflyer
    or anyone else
    with kind regarts
    loloke
    Sorry for the bump, I want to animate a moving head, that has a base, foot and head. How can I animate these groups if they are one scenery object ?
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeNov 2nd 2016

^To animate a specific part, use the "Scene Object Element" field. Put the name of the part you want to animate.

Example :

Here I'd put "doorLeft" to animate the left part of a door.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeMay 7th 2017

Quick question: is there a way to change the roll point of a component from central axis to component axis? I'm facing the same issue as MKJ3322. I'm currently using SketchUp.

Thanks!
    •  
      CommentAuthorYedrimas
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2017 edited

If you want to change the pivot point of the object, this must be done in a 3D modeling software such as Blender, 3ds Max, Cinema4D...
    As long as I know, this is not possible in Sketchup.
    • CommentAuthorBullero
    • CommentTimeMay 8th 2017

Alright, I'll work with Blender and see if that works. Thanks for the response!