Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorole
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2015

English:
    Starting from July 23rd there is a weekly documentary abour roller coasters and thrill rides in German TV. Be sure to watch it, chances are high that you might see some 3D animations created with NL2. :-)
    There will be 6 episodes every thursday at 20:15h on Pro Sieben Maxx. The first episode will be about hyper coasters.

Deutsch:
    Ab dem 23.7. gibt es eine wöchentliche Dokumentation über Achterbahnen und Thrillrides im deutschen Free-TV. Guck es dir an, es besteht die hohe Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass du mit NL2 erstellte 3D Animation sehen wirst. :-)
    Es gibt 6 Teile jeden Donnerstag um 20:15h auf Pro Sieben Maxx. Die erste Episode handelt über Hyper Coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Danke für den Hinweis, ich hoffe es wird interessant.
    • CommentAuthorole

Keine Ahnung ob's interessant wird, hab leider noch keine Sendung sehen können. Ich weiß nur, dass die 3D Animationen geil werden, hihi.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

Looking forward to it!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK
    • CommentTimeJul 20th 2015 edited

Ich bin gespannt!
    • CommentTimeJul 21st 2015

After checking out the website, I can say that the NL2 simulations don't look terrible!
    Is it going to be in English? I hope so be I don't think so :(
    • CommentAuthorole
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015 edited

^ No English, this is German TV for German audience, still should not be too hard to figure what they will tell you. Hint: It is about awesome coasters. ;-)

Don't forget to watch tonight Pro Sieben Maxx. MGrides recreated the coasters and I made the animations.

Nicht vergessen heute Abend Pro Sieben Maxx gucken!! MGrides hat die Bahnen nachgebaut und ich hab die Animationen erstellt.
    ^Was du hast das gemacht... Das muss ich gucken :D
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani
    • CommentTimeJul 23rd 2015

It's nice to see NL2 in TV ;-)
    • CommentAuthorSebi_93

Echt tolle Sendung!
    Endlich mal richtige und exakte Daten der Bahnen, und super schöne Slow Motion Aufnahmen!
    Freu mich schon auf die nächsten Folgen :)

Und natürlich auch großes Lob an die Animationen! Ich hoffe die Bahnen stehen uns auch irgendwann in NL2 zur Verfügung ;)

Those simulations were beautiful! Not sure I agree with their system of rating, but it was an enjoyable show nonetheless!
    •  
      CommentAuthorRK

^^ Kann ich nur zustimmen. An ein paar Stellen haben sich die Fakten ein bisschen zu sehr wiederholt, aber insgesamt ne nette Sendung mit sehr geilen Aufnahmen und klasse NL2 Animationen! Die habt ihr beide sehr gut hinbekommen!

^ Agreed. the rating System could have been better. But I've never seen a good one on TV :D
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

Leider hatte ich keine Zeit mir die Sendung anzusehen und werde auch an den kommenden Terminen keine Zeit haben, aber sie ist (hoffentlich) aufgenommen und wird bei Gelegenheit geschaut!

(Unfortunately I hadn't time to watch the show, but I (hopefully) recorded it an will watch it on occation!)
    • CommentAuthorole

The first episode from tonight is already online...

Der erste Teil von heute Abend ist bereits online...

Link to website of ProSieben MAXX
    •  
      CommentAuthorbestdani

Who's interested in watching it: You can also watch it online.
    I can't watch it ):
    I see there will be an repeat at 1:05am I think i watch it later :D
    There is a version up on youtube also toiletalker: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HBC3SrIegE

Watch it quickly before it gets taken down for copyright lol.

Also for anyone else that like me didn't realise, the show is completely in German... And I barely speak a word.
    •  
      CommentAuthorride_op
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2015

Didn't understand much of anything, but that was a very cool show! Looks very detailed and does a good job showing everything about these coasters. Also so amazingly cool to see a NoLimits Coaster credit on all the animation.

-Ride_Op
    ^You should ask ole if he can add Millennium Force and Fury 325 in a library park! That'd be really cool :D

EDIT: Then call the library park "Giga Park" or something xD
    i agree with toilet, purley because i miss having a load of premade rides in nl2
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2015

...There's a ton of premade rides in NL2
    ^Not as much as NL1, there were 100's (obvious exaggeration is obvious) of premade rides.
    All in all this was a pretty cool show to see, it was slightly repetitive and difficult to follow in spots due to the fact that I don't speak German but still had alot of interesting ideas behind it.

It's kinda funny how you don't have to understand the language in order to understand what they're talking about in all the "behind the scenes" type snippets. Partly because there's always someone speaking behind the German in drowned out English, and because most of us already know all of those things lol. Personally I'd like to think this show might have an impact on the coasters we see in Europe over the next few years, some may hope others may not. I wish the US would do something like this on a major channel about European parks so the GP here can see how much better rides can be with high quality scenery interactions even if the ride doesn't break a record, even though that's never going to happen... Little do they realize almost everyone likes roller coasters and even if they don't ride them they still admire them from afar for their size, as a mechanical feat, or from an architectural standpoint (I'm not saying it hasn't been done, but on a large scale on a major channel that a majority of viewers have, it would cause a massive boost in views).

On another note, the last POV/Reverse POV of Fury made me remember when a co-worker at RoS @ DL was arguing that a ride doesn't run "faster" with a full train. No matter how I explained it to them they were so stubborn and refused to acknowledge that it was true until I showed them the run times for test cycles and then full trains on the display in the op booth, even after that they were still sceptical... That is probably one of the best videos I have seen that shows how speed is carried differently with different loads even if they made the loaded reverse POV start before the unloaded trains POV as far as track location goes to compensate for this...
    • CommentAuthorole
    • CommentTimeJul 24th 2015 edited

^ The mass has an influence on the speed. A light train is slightly slower at the end of the ride because it has less energy to begin with while the energy loss caused by friction is constant. But the (theoretical) maximum speed is not depending on mass, it is only depending on height and gravity. The maximum speed a train could theoretically make (if there would be no friction at all) is fixed and the stubborn people (including me) typically talk about that. It is definitely wrong when you think that a train will get faster and faster if you increase mass.

Good news is that all of the coaster we recreate for the TV shows are very high quality and very accurate from what I can tell. At some point we will be happy to include them as demo tracks in upcoming updates.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2015

The footage and the NL2 animations were really great! They probably could have said everything in like 25-30 minutes (it got a little repetitive after a while), I also think it's hard (almost impossible) to compare three pretty different coasters from different times and/or manufacturers. Nice to see a TV show about coasters anyway I guess. Looking forward to the next episode.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPearman

English:
    Next Thursday (30.07.) the Theme is "Wooden Coasters in the USA". They're going to talk about "The Beast" as an example and also the security and building of wooden coasters.

Deutsch:
    Nächsten Donnerstag (30.07.) geht es um "Holzachterbahnen in den USA". Es geht zum einen um "The Beast" als ein Beispiel, aber auch um den Bau und die Sicherheit von Holzachterbahnen.

Sadly I missed the last episode, but I'm going to watch it in the Mediathek.
    Leider habe ich die letzte Sendung verpasst, aber ich werde sie mir in der Mediathek ansehen, um schonmal einen Vorgeschmack von den Simulationen zu bekommen. Zudem bin ich gespannt, ob man auch auf RMC-Coaster eingeht, da diese ja zum Teil auch noch Holzachterbahnen sind. Mal sehen wie es wird :D
    • CommentAuthorPePpO
    • CommentTimeJul 27th 2015 edited

The animations was great.
    I think for freaks like us it's pretty boring.
    We already know everything and watch every video from the loopyloop guy ( muted of course).
    The rating system is absolutely dumb, sorry but it is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorPearman

^ I think the rating system is the worst thing in this series. More experience and analysis would be better I think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorzampano
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2015

Yeah, its kind of dumb to compare like they do. Aside from that, it was quite repetitive, but overall its still pretty solid for something about rollercoasters on tv. You gotta say they did their research right. No Nonsense and a good selection of coasters to begin with.
    Uhm... did they rank the coasters?
    Please I need subtitles!
    :P

^Even if you don't understand German, they show how many stars out of three the coasters earn in each category.
    • CommentAuthorSebi_93

Episode 1: Hypercoaster (07/23/2015)
    - Intimidator 305
    - Millennium Force
    - Fury 325

Episode 2: Wooden Coaster (07/30/2015)
    - Flying Turns
    - Thunderhead
    - The Beast

Episode 3: Drop Tower (08/06/2015)
    - Falcon's Fury

Episode 4: Rocket Coaster (08/13/2015)
    - Cheetah Hunt
    - Top Thrill Dragster
    - Steel Venom

Episode 5: Steel Coaster (08/20/2015)
    - Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit
    - Rougarou
    - Thunderbolt

Episode 6: ???

Nebenbei, auch wenn ich das Bewertungssystem am Anfang irgendwie schwachsinnig fand, so muss ich doch bei näherer Betrachtung der Sendung Recht geben. Im Vergleich zu den 3 aufgeführten Giga-Coastern ist die Bewertung sehr objektiv und eigentlich auch nachvollziehbar. Anhand der nackten Daten (selbst wenn es nur wenige Meter/kmh/Grad Unterschied sind) so sind die 3 Bahnen doch korrekt miteinander verglichen. Ich würde sowieso alle 3 fahren :D
    • CommentAuthorole
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2015 edited

^ Ich sehe das ähnlich. So ein Bewertungssystem ist sicherlich fragwürdig, aber das Endergebnis ist dennoch logisch und objektiv begründet. Bei Sendung 1 konnte man die Bahnen noch recht gut vergleichen, weil alle 3 doch recht viele Gemeinsamkeiten haben (große Höhe, Geschwindigkeit und steile Drops). Aber ich bin mal auf nächsten Donnerstag gespannt, die 3 Holzachterbahnen sind schon sehr unterschiedlich.

That is my opinion, too. The rating system is questionable, but the result was logical with objective reasons. In the first episode the coasters were similar (same category with many similarities like high speed, great height and steep drops), so comparing was plausible. I am curious about the second episode, because the three wooden coasters do not share many similarities so rating them will make a lot less sense.

Ep 6: Dive Coaster, Inverted Coaster, Flying Coaster... Aber ich sage nicht welche, hihi
    • CommentAuthorSebi_93
    • CommentTimeJul 30th 2015

Posted By: oleEp 6: Dive Coaster, Inverted Coaster, Flying Coaster... Aber ich sage nicht welche, hihi

Gemein! ich denke/hoffe Raptor wird dabei sein, wenn man eh schon in Cedar Point rumdreht :-P

Die 2. Folge war auch wieder klasse. Diese Slow-Motion Aufnahmen in HD wo man jede kleinste Vibration erkennt sind einfach grandios!
    Das die Bewertung der 3 Bahnen so ausfällt, hab ich mir irgendwie schon zu Beginn der Folge gedacht aber gut, objektiv und gerechtfertigt sind sie.
    • CommentAuthorMGrides
    • CommentTimeJul 31st 2015

Yeah, the slow-motion records are great :D I also like the backstage scenes a lot and the informations from the technicans. The second episode was nearly a good showcase of different stages of engeneering, in the last decadess, too. I´m excited of the next episode. A really entertaining and intersting show :D