Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

• CommentAuthorTheTscream
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2015

This will be a thread for my new terra wing coaster, that is currently unnamed. I have been working on it for about 2 weeks now, and this is where I will post pictures and construction updates. I am dedicating this coaster to just one thread, because it is a HUGE project, and it will take quite some time before it is finished. I will be soon posting pictures of what I have done so far.
    • CommentTimeJul 25th 2015 edited

here is a picture of the coaster dropping down through an inversion after a mid brake run. I made the supports here a whole structure to make some support beam near misses.

another picture of the structure

the train going around a mountain/hill

the main layout from above
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

^Looks like a Chinese knockoff B&M, capable of being transported in a Ford judging by those flanges. I'd be lying if I said I didn't kind of like it.
    Not liking how locked to 90' it is, but otherwise it looks pretty fun, especially that element in the first two images.
    Edit: And yeah, too many flanges and an odd support style.
    I lIke the layout, but too much flanges and the turnaround looks oversupportet.
    • CommentAuthorlujach92

I think you should rework the terrain, it looks very unrealistic right now. The element in the first pciture is looking really cool, just one thing regarding the supports: If you're trying to mimic B&M-Style, that's not how they would do it. If you're going for your own style (which I assume) they are fine, but in this case you should try to stick to the framework-esque supports all the way through your layout.
    Why not change it to a 4D coaster? Would fit the supports and the elements better.
    • CommentTimeJul 28th 2015

First of all, thanks for all the comments and feedback on this. I'll be sure to cool it on the flanges and redo them on the structure (maybe even scrap the structure idea), and the terrain is just there right now so I knew what to work with, I will later make the terrain in a better quality and make it more realistic.
    • CommentTimeJul 29th 2015

im closing this discussion because i kind of lost all motivation to finish this, it's taking too long, and I have better coaster ideas in mind.
    Can't you just keep this, but use it to show your projects.