Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

Valkyrie is a custom GFI Wooden Coaster and it's 137ft tall and 4072ft long. Valkyrie is probably my favourite wooden coaster I have made so far and I really worked hard on making my shaping better and to where I think it's pretty good. I made this to be more of a family wooden coaster so it's not to intense but it has a lot of airtime and a few over-banked turns in the layout. I got my inspiration for this coaster mostly from the Voyage at Holiday World because I wanted this coaster to focus on the airtime and just having a really fun ride without filling the layout with inversions. Valkyrie starts off with a 45 degree 137ft tall lift hill that proceeds into a 126ft 79 degree first drop. reaching the maximum speed of 58mph and reaching a maximum of 3g's. After the first drop you will experience a total of 12 airtime moments from airtime hills and a twisted double down after the inclined dive loop turn around. This ride is 100% custom supported which I think has vastly improved and yes everything passes tunnel testing.

Thank you Brawly for taking the pictures for me and we will be teaming up on this as he will be doing the theming portion for this coaster so stay tuned!

Height: 137ft
    Speed: 58mph
    Length: 4072ft
    G-forces: 3g's to -1g's (vertical)

• CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2015

That overbank supporting though.. so nice man. Love this so far, your support work is superb. Can't wait to see this thing done.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt

Layout looks really fun, but I might honestly be more excited for a woodie that is fully custom supported, and just looks fantastic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorelement 115
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2015 edited

Seriously, how long does that take to do, especially with the two side by side beams on each cross section. Thats amazing.
    • CommentAuthorarktic2

this is what the new wood mAGIC should look like :) would make every coaster looks this drop dead amazing :)
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86

That looks fantastic! I got so focused on the supports I had to go back and look at the pictures again to see what the ride really does. Looks great, looking forward to see more!
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Looks great from all the little sections shown so far - It also looks massive!
    Looks great! I like how you make your rides custom to your company :)
    OH god :o That looks amazing... Now i think my custom supports looks bad xD
    Thanks guys! The supports aren't really that hard to do thanks to the copy and paste feature now, the most time consuming part of the process is doing the lift and getting everything measure out. The second most time consuming process is getting all the I-beam angles correct but the rest is basically just copy and paste. :P Still takes a long time to do though.
    • CommentAuthorSupertramp
    • CommentTimeAug 2nd 2015 edited

Holy shit, those supports look amazing. I could never find the patience to do something like that myself. Really cool! :)
    Just a little update,

The second airtime hill is fully completed now and I'll start working on the turnaround element and hopefully I will have it done by the end of the week depending on how much free time I have.

Hey guys I have some bad news, my gaming laptop that I use NL2 on decided to shit the bed and not work anymore so I've lost everything I've done in No Limits but I was smart enough to put Valkyrie onto a USB stick beforehand. I don't know when I will be able to use NL2 again because I can't get a code for the Steam version since I don't have the original information they need to give me one. So I will either have to buy NL2 Pro again for $115 Canadian or just not use NL2 anymore. So if this is it for me when it comes to making coasters I must admit I had a great time doing so even though I never really finished anything and it was great to share my work with you guys on here. But I will keep you guys updated but it might be a while before I get things figured out.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2015

I still have three of your projects that i tested a long time ago. They were all unfinished. You want me to send them to you?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

Have you tried having your laptop looked at to see if it can be fixed?
    No I haven't since I'm not home right now but my uncle who's highly skilled with computers basically said it's garbage.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

How did it go bad?
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc

But you can still salvage the hard drive and get your files off it at the least.
    I'm not really sure but It's been going downhill for a while and then it just totally stopped working and it wont turn on or anything now
    •  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2015 edited

Well, if you don't intend to have it fixed, take it apart and remove the hard drive to save your files.
    I'll try that but I just emailed mad data about seeing if I could get a new download link for nl2 pro because I do have some of the original information like my username. So hopefully they respond back.
    glad to see you doing wood supports the way i tried years ago! its so hard, although i would imagine a lot easier in NL2 with the copy and paste. this is amazing
    Yeah it's much easier to do with the help of copy and paste to do the main part of it but all the cross boards are still done by hand though.
    Okay so thanks to the amazing people at Mad Data and No Limits they were able to recover my account information and sent me a new download link for NL2 Pro so I can continue my passion of making coasters and custom supporting woodies.

So Valkyrie is back on track guys! And I just finished up supporting the over-banked turnaround element that leads into the twisted double down element. Everything passes tunnel testing so far, and comments are always welcomed. :)

poster-2015-08-11-18-56-28

poster-2015-08-11-18-54-59
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2015

You now want the three tracks I sent you the dropbox link for?
    ^^ That Overbanked supports. <3
    ^^^You know how to support!
    UPDATE!

Been working on the twisted double down the past week and I'm almost done it, So after I've finished it i'll be more than halfway done supporting Valkyrie. :)
    Comments are always appreciated.

ac967674c105d13e578bc87ab541b0a8

7f8e23b4942d0d69645b427e6e11694a
    •  
      CommentAuthorKWTbolt
    • CommentTimeAug 18th 2015

That double down looks like brilliant fun. In fact, that whole section looks like a lot of fun. Supports look great as always! How fast is it traveling through the over-banked turn? Is that a pretty quick maneuver, or is it more of a hanging sensation?

Thanks! It travels through the over-banked turn at around 30mph at the apex of it so it's more of a hanging sensation but the banking transitions is kinda quick so it's a mix of both I guess
    The supporting process on Valkyrie is almost completely done! Over the past week I've completed the supports on the 0-g over-banked turn and the -1g airtime hill before the final over-banked turn. After I'm done with the supporting my good friend Brawly has offered to help with the 3D's and they're going to be very cool and themed to World War II stuff. As always comments are appreciated.

You are a speed supporter !
    Looks super great!
    • CommentAuthorBrawly
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2015

God that looks so nice Nick.. I love your support work.
    still hate you mr murray... :P
    Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate... :P
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2015

I really REALLY like the way that's coming out so far, it just looks so..... TWISTYYYYYYY...

I'm sorry please kill me I have robb alvey syndrome.
    Posted By: Brett-Jonesstill hate you mr murray... :P

What did I do wrong? ._.

xD

Looking good Nick
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 26th 2015 edited

Posted By: Mrcrolly

I'm sorry please kill me I have robb alvey syndrome.

Good we must contain it before it spreads. You should seek treatment fast before you turn into Blobb.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeAug 29th 2015

Posted By: GravityFlyersIncUPDATE!

ac967674c105d13e578bc87ab541b0a8

This Might be single handedly the coolest wooden coaster track/ support section from you that I've ever seen. This just looks so beyond awesome at this point. I can't wait to see this finished. Also Finish the supports right there and you got yourself a great screenshot photo for the saturday viewing. Once again I'm just amazed at this picture.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeAug 30th 2015

I forgot about this - It looks fantastic! Just the env alone is great, lighting is really nice :)
    UPDATE! Supports are done!

It took a while but the supports are finally done! I'm really happy with how this coaster has turned out and I can't wait to see the amazing 3D's my friend Brawly is making for it. It will probably take a while to do so just be patient. I'll probably start working on my next project soon so I'll probably post it in this thread too.

Pictures! Thanks to Brawly for taking them :)

poster-2015-09-10-20-56-27
    poster-2015-09-10-20-55-03
    poster-2015-09-10-20-54-11
    poster-2015-09-10-20-52-19
    poster-2015-09-10-20-51-00
    poster-2015-09-10-20-49-54
    poster-2015-09-10-20-49-15
    poster-2015-09-10-20-47-55
    poster-2015-09-10-20-46-57
    poster-2015-09-10-20-46-04
    poster-2015-09-10-20-45-22
    poster-2015-09-10-20-43-10
    poster-2015-09-10-20-41-23
    poster-2015-09-10-20-39-55
    poster-2015-09-10-20-38-59
    poster-2015-09-10-20-37-54
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2015

stop you're making me feel lazy not finishing my RMC. that looks AMAZING!!!!
    This looks really good, but... are you actually going to release this one? Please?
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

I promise I will do my best to get these 3Ds pumped out.. Luckily school hasn't been too tough this semester, so I'll have a lot of down to time to pick up the 3Ds and other things.
    • CommentAuthorHooch
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2015 edited

Hi GravityFlyersInc ((NOT Brawly :p)), this looks really amazing. Custom supporting a wooden coaster is beyond me.

I do have a question / suggestion... Do you have a reason for the big 'gap' in supports on the crossover in the middle part of the ride.
    Why i'm asking is it currently looks as if the builders tried to save money by not closing up the gap.
    Wouldn't filling that section of supports up give you another nice head chopper experience?

Edit.corrected name
    • CommentAuthorBrawly

Not my coaster buddy
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Shh Shhhhh...you just had an opportunity to swoop!
    • CommentAuthorInkyz

love love love love
    • CommentAuthorHooch

^^^
    Hur durr... :p
    corrected..