Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

@Hooch if you're talking about the big gap where the airtime hill is then yes I basically did that as a cost saving measure, mostly because there is really no positive forces acting on the structure at that time. I could fill it in for another head chopper but this coaster is filled with lots of them so I didn't feel like it was necessary, kinda like how they did it on El Toro at SFGADV

eltoro37g

@AJ Yes I'm going to finish this one!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeSep 11th 2015

It's a cost saving measure, but in addition, all the support above the gap add a dead weight on the beam... So the less the better.
    Plus that's something usually overlooked on NL2, so I'm glad to find it here!

As always, incredible work, Nick. Plus, this layout is one of the best I've ever saw! Should be really interesting to ride.
    • CommentAuthorMaverick78

Very mighty!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKG9

Looking solid.

I'm anticipating it's release!
    NEW CONCEPT - WOODEN EURO FIGHTER! (Designing Phase)

Hey everyone while Brawly is working on the 3D's for Valkyrie I started coming up with ideas for my next coaster and I kind of wanted to try out something that I believe has never been done before and that is a wooden euro fighter type coaster. This will be the first wooden coaster to have a vertical lift hill and a beyond 90 degree drop, 97 degrees to be exact. This wooden coaster will be very compact, crossing over and under itself countless times. The trains will consist of 4 cars with a maximum 8 people per train load. This is still in it's early stages of design so it will probably change drastically, but this is what I had in mind. Currently it's 132ft tall with a 97 degree drop, has 2 inversions a "0-g Stall Inclined Dive Loop" and a "Wrap Around Immelmann" there will probably be another inversion in the coaster before it's finished. But I think if I make a great design for the coaster and 100% custom support it realistically it should probably be really awesome when it's completed. Now onto pictures!

de4aaccc41e39c9e00d73859b503b944
    1677a0a79a25c7a17bddbffa7191591e
    9d2fbcb14086c8f74457207fd27ad626
    7c3501fdb6a1c0c63ce4cdddaeee82a3
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2015

It does not look wooden right now but this is a very neat idea! I like the step-up-under-flip element.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeSep 17th 2015 edited

Why would this type of coaster need wooden supports? With most modern day RMCs and GCIs, the wood in their structure allows for a nostalgic feeling and classic appearance. You wouldn't get either of those things with a design like this, you'd just get a eurofighter...with wooden supports for no reason.

The layout is cool as it is, why not just make some nice steel supports for it?
    And you know this from just seeing it in FVD? Maybe you should just wait till it's done then you can say that.

Yes, I know this just from seeing it in FVD. Even if you didn't post pictures, it's easy to understand the eurofighter + supports =/= nostalgia feeling or classic appearance.

My apologies for disagreeing with your idea.
    Well I'm not going to argue with you but if you don't like it then don't comment on it.
    Go back and work on your X2 coaster with a launch
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^^Well, he can have his own opinion. He didn't say any bad thing.

Anyway, I'm intrigued about it. Though it won't have a classic look it will be interesting. It's nice to see some creativity. Nice layout btw!

Posted By: GravityFlyersIncif you don't like it then don't comment on it.

Can we just take a moment to appreciate this comment? Is this really the type of forum NLE has become? Are we REALLY at the point where criticism is so frowned upon that people would rather not even hear negative opinions of their rides? I guess I just didn't realize that we weren't going to make rides better here any more. I'm sorry for telling you that I disagreed with your opinion, GFI. I've learned though, I'll stick to my own rides for now.
    "forum
    ˈfɔːrəm

noun
    1. a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged."

Why post if you don't like people commenting...
    Well it's okay that you disagreed with my ride, I'm just not going to ditch a "concept" for a ride just because one person doesn't like the "concept" And yeah people can criticize all they want doesn't mean I'm going to agree with it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorcheetah

Posted By: TheBeatlesREALLYat the point where criticism is so frowned upon that people would rather not even hear negative opinions of their rides? I guess I just didn't realize that we weren't going to make rides better here any more. I'm sorry for telling you that I disagreed with your opinion, GFI. I've learned though, I'll stick to my own rides for now.

Can we take a moment to appreciate this arrogence?

Show respect for each other. We're building coasters, not 'ultra serious no fun allowed designs'.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I am defiantly not complaining! I really really like the concept.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Beatles, seriously. " I guess I just didn't realize that we weren't going to make rides better here any more."... That's actually really hypocritical considering you have NEVER tried helping someone with making their rides better. You search through this forums looking for anything you can to criticize. But never gave advice on how they can make their rides better and more exciting.

People like building on NL2 because they like turning concepts and ideas into something others can see. Just because it might not be built in real life, or doesn't feature an exciting new element doesn't mean it can't be a good ride, which is apparently the exact opposite from the you think.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

An opinion is just an opinion. He wasn't telling GFI to stop the project. I do think that people need to be more blunt with their opinions, just as much as we all need to take those opinions with a grain of salt. I mean bad advice is better than no advice at all... Just look at my thread.
    • CommentAuthornSeven

Yes, but people can have dissenting opinions without it turning into a bitch-fest. If GFI has a vision, then fine, continue on with your vision and just state diplomatically that you've understood the criticism. That's all that was necessary. You don't have to absorb everything everyone says - and you really don't need to reflect it back with smarmy comment.
    its a concept guys. yes its not practical, yes it probably wouldnt make sense in a real life situation, but its a concept for a reason

if you wanted a workaround, turn the lift into an lim launch, then it would be better IMO
    The anger is real in this thread. Please get back onto the idea that people can do whatever the f%$k they want. We could all sit here making lovely shaped b&m drops all day and everyone be commenting how sexy they look. Yet I find myself here just wanting to see a euro-fighter with wood supports. Fair?
    •  
      CommentAuthor6FlagsManiac

Wow you guys are acting pretty immature. Joseph's comment was 100% warranted and was a very well thought out and articulate way to prove his point. Nick's response was pretty childish and i can't see why people are defending him right now. Joseph's critiscm was pretty legitmate and he's bringing up a concern that i also see with your ride design. Acting bratty by saying he should go back to his coaster just goes to show that you can't handle criticism; you're not perfect, embrace constructive criticism and dont throw a tantrum when someone doesn't like your idea.
    I really don't see why other people get involved in these things and post images like the two above (yeah it's funny but really has no input into the conversation than provoking an irritated respnse) so if you're not actually going to post something relevant to the initial post, stay a spectator... If someone is criticizing a concept then cool, offer some other options (like Joseph did) and move on. It was a wee bit insulting saying right from the beginning that at was a bad idea without it actually having any supports yet at all.... whatsoever but that's my opinion.

It's hard to see how things are being written especially on the internet, so don't naturally assume someone is going for a nut shot on your concept, it's just criticism that likely was written with good intentions, but ultimately came out with some sass or attitude at the end of a rough day.

That said, both points in each individuals arguments were valid however if assumptions weren't made about the context of the writing, it would have been much more efficient and possibly led to some improvements in the concept. Let's stay civil!

On topic now, it's a neat idea that could work well if executed properly but it's hard to make criticism on what looks like a eurofighter layout in FVD. Still looks like a good layout though hopefully the supports will be topping on the cake, as per the usual.
    Monster summed it up beautifully. Everyone can move on now, and all future comments on the matter will be deleted. Some existing comments may be removed now to bring this thread back to a project page.
    So after all that bitch fight....

I really like that Layout. i love how you put some "Wooden" elements in it. :D
    Interesting idea, for sure. Hard to envision how the end result may look... I do like the layout!
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeSep 18th 2015

Just my two pennies...

I don't think there is anything wrong with being outside the box. Yeah, sure, if you're building a B&M Hyper in B&M style then you should fully expect to be critiqued on shaping, track work, supports etc. You cannot hide behind "But it's called NO LIMITS' if you're intending on building on a particular style that has specific requirements.

On the other hand, if you say you're building something with fantasy then sure, you CAN be fully 'no limits' and do what you want.

There is a big divide on here between the people who believe everything should be realistic and the people who think 'I'll just do what I want and not take any feedback'. It all comes down to communication though. As-long as you explain which intention you go for, then I think people need to re-think how they critique and give feedback.

TL;DR:
    Be specific about the style you are building.
    Be aware of this before you critique someone.
    Make sure you fully understand the concept.
    If it's your track and someone doesn't, then explain your reasonings behind that style and why you want to do it that way.
    Honestly, if you can go for it and make it look dope, I think it'll be really cool. I mean Mystery Mine even has a pinch of it. But in the future, if someone says "why are you doing this, it doesn't make sense", then just straight up tell them "cause it's gonna look awesome!" Who cares! If they don't like it then they can reserve judgement for later. I don't think TheBeatles was in the wrong here. Just play nice, everyone.

I say go for it if you want. If you can pull off some cool mine theme or something then it has the potential to make something one of a kind. Or at least you could do steel beams in a wooden truss style. I think it'd be just plain cool.
    • CommentAuthorcaptfido87
    • CommentTimeSep 19th 2015

The concept is indeed interesting. My question is wood this be a wooden train or just a wooden structure? If It includes a wooden train, I'm curious on how it'd making up that lift. Seeing as wooden coasters have the track inwards with the bogeys, It just seems to me that this particular are of track would face a lot of problems in the real world. Yea the structure can be heavily supported, but I just don't know how well those trains would be able to handle it. Aren't wooden coaster trains heavier than normal trains?