Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorAJClarke0912
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2015 edited

Heyyyy guys...!

So it appears we are all now enjoying this error on the homepage:

We're working on it.

Just kidding! We have no idea what to do since we don't even control/run/own the main website! So this will be interesting - feel free to speculate as to what has happened below. Thank you based Popcorn!

It gets more interesting, because check this out: "54 rides total"
    neato... what happened to 4000!...

nlc when, amirite?
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeAug 4th 2015

JUST as my latest park was ready to be released :(
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I am SO GLAD THIS HAPPENED! Now everyone can use dropbox and steam workshop instead!!!!!
    ^ was just going to say that :)
    •  

I... don't disagree with that statement either. haha

NLE's rating system was and is outdated, but of course we couldn't change it, which is why we are building a new website. I'm almost surprised we made it this far looking back at it. Of course, the site could restart right back up out of thin air (I shit you not given Matt's interesting history with the site) but this problem seems like something a little bigger this time...
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I am never ever so happy to see a 500 server error!
    •  

...t-thanks togo
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Does this mean the new site is coming very soon?
    There is no timetable for the new site... rwn is pretty much working as well as he can on it.
    This definitely calls for an earlier release date, but doesn't mean I'll make it any faster, can't rush these things. Honestly I (and archy and justin probably feel this way too) didn't care for the exchange too much since it's spam raters, etc, lots of people I know who use the site just go straight to the forums anyway
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Yep. I've reached out to Mathew, but I have no idea if we can expect a response or resolution. We'll see! In the interim, Steam and file sharing sites will have to do. Sorry folks, but as we've said before, we don't have the keys to the kingdom, and thus we have exactly as much of an idea about when/if this will get fixed as you do, which is to say, we have no idea. If there are developments, you'll know as soon as we do.
    • CommentAuthorCCJared

It's now showing "Under Maintenance", so I assume Matt got your email.
    •  
      CommentAuthorbaadrix

Hmm, weird, testing with Firefox 3 (sorry, I'm at work right now!) I just clicked on random rides (unrated ones, recently uploaded ones, random users and my own uploads). The sites still works for me except for my 5HP coaster, my favourites and the one or the other coaster - however, all work with IE 8. Furthermore, it doesn't show the error for me, just a blank site.
    I'll test with a more up-to-date browser when I get home, though.
    I'm experiencing no issues at all (as far as I can tell) with the site now.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Per Mathew:

Looks like the disk filled up. I've migrated us to a new host where this problem won't happen.

Yayy we're back.

Like baadrix, some rides still don't work at the moment. Maybe that's just a side effect that will go away. Who knows. Nice job to those involved in fixing the major issue so quickly.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

I just tried to upload my latest park and was greeted with:

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

^ Same here.
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

D'oh. Passed it along, hopefully it can be resolved simply/quickly.

• CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I really really hope the current spam rater infested exchange never comes back.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2015

Here's a crazy thought: don't use it! Don't even look at it! If it bothers you this much then just ignore it.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I am mostly thinking about the poor moderators who have to tirelessly remove endless spam rates and constantly ban spammers.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeAug 5th 2015 edited

So...

What does this mean for NLE and NLC?

He's also increased upload sizes.

-Coasters up to 250MB
    -Images up to 3MB
    Currently, we are still truckin along with NLC as the long term option. Thankfully though, Mathew has taken some time to look at giving NLE the boost it needs to sustain itself for the next year or so. Tonight I believe he's going to work on the site again some more (perhaps more back-end things for us poor exchange mod souls) and he's also going to see what we have mapped out for NLC, and where to proceed from there.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

Will Matthew make the current exchange so you do not have to rate to download until the new site is up and running? I think that would solve a lot of the spam rater problems.
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

...So...is Matthew back and actually making improvements here? does he know about NLC?
    ^
    Posted By: AJClarke0912he's also going to see what we have mapped out for NLC

TOGO: Not sure, but we'll look into it.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan
    • CommentTimeAug 6th 2015

My latest version of Jamp Up Land is uploaded! But it has a broken screenshot.

It also says no downloads on the main exchange page but then when you go to the parks page it says 1 person downloaded it.

I'm guessing Matthew is still going to be working on the site tonight?
    Yes - NLC will still be launched. Archy, Justin, and I (and bbspeed sort of) are talking with Mathew right now and giving him the scoop of everything. It still makes sense, the community needs to have a more centralized site (i.e. exchange and forum integration, branding, etc, etc). NLE has definitely served it's purpose, and served it well for a while, but now there is a need for more control over features, in terms of both users and moderators/developers, and these features need to be simple, easy to use, and easy to implement. This is a perfect chance to get it right.

Mathew is also a busy guy, we can't guarantee that he will be around all the time, or have the time to fix/add everything wrong with NLE. And while I've got a job now too (read 'NLC can be hosted now'), I've still got a lot of free time to work on NLC and invest time and money into it.

^ Mathew is UK based, so he is on probably 5+ hours ahead of your time Togo, so he's probably asleep right now (or when you posted that).
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

What's with the let's fight hunger thing?
    • CommentAuthorPlantoris

downloads are not working, it gives me the same 500 server error
    Posted By: ParadoxWhat's with the let's fight hunger thing?

I think it's an advert, I have ad block and I don't see it.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I was just looking for my latest version of my Jamp Up Land park and I cannot find it in my most recent uploads. I see that the exchange has been worked on today since all the pics load fine.

Hope that this version of Jamp Up Land that now has "Grass Simulator" and "The Hall of Poles" will come back onto the exchange soon.
    •  
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2015 edited

Something you (and we) all have wanted for quite a while now:

Posted In: NewsDownload as much you like without having to rate (if you don't want to).

This was something we decided when we launched the website. The idea was to force you to give the authors of the coasters and parks constructive feedback. However, for the last few years it’s been abused and seen higher amounts of spam. People who are going to leave comments will do so by their own accord. So starting today the limit has been lifted and we’ll instead be rewarding those who do leave feedback with new website features.

We hope you enjoy the change.

Kind Regards,
    -Mathew

PS: We’re cleaning up spam already on the website.

If you don't believe my blue box, believe the blue link:
    http://nolimits-exchange.com/news/download-restrictions-lifted/47

Obligatory:
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeAug 7th 2015

YEESSSSSSS FINALLYYYYY!!!!!!!
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

I'm really happy for people who no-longer have to write comments (though I maintain that its a good way to get ratings but can understand the pain of our spam problem here) but does anyone actually know what these "rewards" are?
    also how will this affect the weekly/monthly/yearly etc leader-boards? I'm guessing the majority won't bother to rate anymore so score averages will be based on a few (if any) ratings for most uploads.
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

I hope money or gift cards is involved in the rating rewards.
    Where do you anticipate this money is coming from TOGO?
    • CommentAuthorTOGO Fan

RideWarrierNation.

"And while I've got a job now too (read 'NLC can be hosted now'), I've still got a lot of free time to work on NLC and invest time and money into it."
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Can a visit from TOGO Fan be included in the rewards list?
    •  
      CommentAuthoraw555000

Yeah...that aint happening. I think RWN meant as in hosting fees, domain name etc not giving free money to people!