Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorowen9h10
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2015 edited

So this was posted on Facebook by Pleasure Beach Experience today, which is a fan page/ news for BPB. It seems to be on the back of a car of one of the BPB main crew. What do you guys think?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2015 edited

Yes! I visited Blackpool in 2011 and I thought it could really use a new, smooth steel coaster. Although it has my favorite wooden coaster collection in the world, a nice new steel coaster or two would add to the excitement. There's just nowhere to put anything...
    • CommentAuthorInkyz
    • CommentTimeAug 8th 2015

Really? Your FAVOURITE WOODEN? Which one?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

Oh sorry, I meant favorite wooden *COASTERS* (plural). Though Wild Mouse is my #2!
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

RMC retracking of... Big One! How about that?
    ^If only **sighs**
    ^^ Big One isn't a woodie that make no sense.
    However, RMC remake of Grand National...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

RMC said they could do steel coasters too.
    Inb4 rmc revolution
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

If you even THINK about touching Grand National I will make sure you will never be able to ride roller coast ayers again... just kidding
    But really, that coaster is a masterpiece and shall not be touched. Not to mention coaster enthusiast clubs would throw a collective fit. It's arguably the best coaster at Blackpool. The only kind of construction on that coaster I would accept would be topper track refurbishment. RMCing Orange Streak though...
    ^ National's fun but dear god it's shaky at the bottom of the drops. It was just about bearable when I went (it's only lapbars so headache's aren't easy to get), but I doubt it'll be long before it's uncomfortable. Imagine how cool it'd be as two RMCs - super smooth, maybe some inversions of wacky elements thrown in to spice it up. I'd love it.
    Big Dipper was more fun (and smooth) as a woodie in my opinion, and it's more iconic since it's out in the open at the front of the park.
    Posted By: KingRCT3RMC retracking of... Big One! How about that?

Alan Schilke was a top engineer at Arrow. What better company than RMC to retrack Big One
    •  
      CommentAuthorstejorin
    • CommentTimeAug 9th 2015

Just a quick suggestion, but can you rename this thread to "2017" if we are already getting hints and rumors for 2017 rides.
    • CommentAuthorsprog

Posted By: Coasterfan312^ National's fun but dear god it's shaky at the bottom of the drops. It was just about bearable when I went (it's only lapbars so headache's aren't easy to get), but I doubt it'll be long before it's uncomfortable.

What do you expect from a coaster that's 80 years old? haha :D
    I think it'd be a shame if they RMC'd it, only from the viewpoint that it's a classic, old woodie and it'd be a shame to lose that aspect of the ride.

It'd be great if we get a new coaster at BP, but as others have said - where the hell would you fit it?
    ^ Big Dipper's 90 years old and that was fine, lol. It would be a shame, but Big Dipper's just as, if not more, iconic.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

I honestly liked Grand National better. But my favorite at Blackpool was Wild Mouse. Now I'm not suggesting it, but an RMC wild mouse would be INSANE.
    • CommentAuthorA113

Might as well keep any 2017 related content here for the future, the title of the discussion has been changed.
    ^^ But the fun of that is how you're not at all secured in :P
    You literally come off your seat when there's airtime. So fun.
    Padded too so it's not painful.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

SFNE is supposed to get another coaster in 2017 according to a five year plan that they released in 2012.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan

^^those were my thoughts exactly. Out of all the coasters on my one day visit, I rode it the most.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly
    • CommentTimeAug 10th 2015

Blackpool really needs something new IMO. I've not been in about 8 years as it just doesn't really have the value for money for me enough to go back. I've done everything there multiple times and whilst it does have some good rides, it's not enough for me to go back.
    • CommentAuthorrct800

Am I the only one who thinks that Blackpool could be the location for the coaster X winning entry? The coast setting looks quite similar to Blackpool...
    That would be amusing, but again, I see no space for something that size anywhere.
    I think something like an el loco or something of a similar foot print could fit here. Maybe on top of some buildings or in a backstage kinda area.
    •  
      CommentAuthorowen9h10

I don't think they would be aloud to RMC any of the woodies, because they are listed which means, they are not aloud to modify them. Unless its small wood wood replacements.
    •  
      CommentAuthorowen9h10

I remember about 10 years ago, that there was a rumor for a strata coaster that would go out across the road and along the beach, but I doubt that will happen.
    ^ ^^ Careful with the double post.
    Anyway, I wasn't serious about RMC remakes, it was just a cool though :)
    I wouldn't want any classic vintage wood coaster to get RMC Ibox track. I would be okay with Track Topper. But having RMC come in and give it a good refresh I think would be great on any wood coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2015

I hope Ghostrider gets topper track.
    Posted By: rct800Am I the only one who thinks that Blackpool could be the location for the coaster X winning entry? The coast setting looks quite similar to Blackpool...

There is no observation tower at Blackpool, and they have no space along the front to build one without major alterations.

My guess for the Coaster X would've been more Morecambe way, as they used to have an observation tower, in fact on Google maps it's still standing but in a heavily deteriorated state.

Clicky.

Fixed link - Staff
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

^What if it might be for the i360 observation tower that's being built somewhere in the uk (I can't remember where off the top of my head, I think it was Dover).
    ^ And that's on a beach :o

And the first place I would think of to put the world's tallest observation tower was definitely Brighton, because, you know, there's so much tall and interesting stuff there :P
    There was me thinking that Coaster X was going here: Clicky.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Posted By: Coasterfan312

And the first place I would think of to put the world's tallest observation tower was definitely Brighton, because, you know, there's so much tall and interesting stuff there :P

Yea I never understood why they chose Brighton over London.

It definitely looks like we have found the location of the Coaster X.
    •  
      CommentAuthorUncleArly

Posted By: The_ArchitectThere was me thinking that Coaster X was going here:Clicky.

haha, I used to live 5 min walk from there.
    Uhhhhhh... Archy's location looks like an EXACT version of the "building" object in the competition...

edit: yep, just checked, the scale matches up too. I'm decently confident that Archy found the actual location.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeAug 11th 2015 edited

Photoshop level: expert.

(My track on Archy's location)
    Pretty fun watching people speculate about Coaster X! Wish i could tell you guys the location!
    Wait to we know who the manufacturer is going to be? And I'm betting Archy got it right.
    ^^ We found it :P

^I think it will be Zamperla.
    ^^^ Nice attempt at a diversion ;)
    ^^^^ Daaaaamn. Too pro.
    • CommentAuthorsprog
    • CommentTimeAug 12th 2015

Bloody hell, well found Archy. And it's not too far away from us!
    ^ikr, I think a park meet will be in order upon completion!
    Please god don't let Coaster X be a Zamperla. If it's anywhere characteristic of Thunderbolt, it will be rough as all hell.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2015

Well, Thunderbolt was also Zamperla's first coaster of that type, so their second version is sure to be a great improvement.
    Let's hope it's a vast improvement of it, If it even is Zamperla
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeAug 22nd 2015 edited

I don't understand all the hate. Thunderbolt is by no means a bad ride. I rode it a few weeks after completion, and the ride experience was enjoyable for sure. The track should have been smoother, of course, for a ride that new, but like I said, by no means unenjoyable. If Zamperla manufactures Bjorn and Nicholas' ride, I'm still a happy camper. Come to think of it, I think just about anyone manufacturing this ride (aside from the obvious) would make me happy.
    Is it not Bjorn and Nicholas's ride?
    right so this thunderbolt new zamperler got designed by someone on here? im confused.