Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2017

^ I don't get why they painted the bottom lighter than the top. It makes a reverse forced perspective.

@Free: The angle of the picture might make the piece appears shorter than it is, tho. But yeah, I don't know.

-

I made a video to showcase and explain some special effects at Pandora: The World AVATAR. I'm not talking about animatronics or floating mountains, but some smaller tricks you may have not even noticed! Hope you like it. :)
    Am I the only one starting to like Mission Breakout?
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMay 9th 2017

^Yeah
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2017

^^A lot of the Disney fanboys are starting to come around on it too. While there are cool aspects to Guardians that have been revealed lately, it really just makes me wish we got a standalone Guardians ride as opposed to this mess.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Yeah they should've replaced Monsters Inc or something, that ride is abysmally terrible honestly.

If anything ever gets replaced at Disney, it has to be stitch. Stitch is literally the worst ride they've ever created.

• CommentAuthorJAKool

Wrong park mate, but you still aren't wrong.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMillennium

Or they could change Stitch back to ExTERRORestrial Alien Encounter and have a truly scary ride in Disney again. I've always wanted to experience it to see just how "crazy" it was.
    Relating to Mission Breakout, I'm in the mindset of 'it'll probably be a cool ride but it still looks like the Tower Of Terror and that pisses me off.'

Like Beatles said, a standalone ride would have been much more appropriate.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2017 edited

Posted By: Coasterfan312'it'll probably be a cool ride but it still looks like the Tower Of Terror and that pisses me off.'

This perfectly describes my feeling towards this ride, like it looks actually awesome but because it replaced ToT, which was IMO the best ride in the resort, it really makes me rather angry.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I got the exact same feeling for Hyperspace Mountain at DLP.

In hindsight, the indoor show is pretty cool and I almost want to go there again to experience it (new audio, new train, at least some action...). But then I remember that is Space Mountain... Once one of the best, original ride WDI ever created. Granted the effects were outdated, but there was a storyline, a whole universe, an ambiance and life-time memories... Now when you see the queue line, you can spot both the cheap Star Wars overlay (woohoo, retro lighted posters and a totally dull safety video), former elements of De la Terre à La Lune slightly hidden... or not (the Electro de Velocitor is off and behind walls, but the Columbiad mural is still glorious... Or heck, the real Columbiad is here but not used anymore and out of the storyline...) and even former elements of Mission II (the supernova mural). In the end, it's a mismatch and an insult to coherence and creativity.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

As much as I'd love to agree with all your points, we need to remember that this is a temporary addition. GOTG is never leaving, at least not for the foreseeable future. They both look like temporary overlays, but only one of them is.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 10th 2017 edited

^ Temporary or not, this is still a sacrilege to do that to the marvel that is Space Mountain!
    And you should know DLP: Indiana Jones and the Temple of Peril is also temporary. And we get the christmas lights on the castle all year round because they are too lazy to take them off.
    Anyway, Hyperspace is bad, but that doesn't make Mission II better....
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

I honestly couldn't care less about the retheme. The vests are all that matters to me.
    •  
      CommentAuthordapalm

^^ KingRCT3, I'm pretty sure the retheme is temporary, even the new trains have Columbiad written in them (on the speakers). If it wasn't supposed to be temporary they wouldn't add those kind of details.

I think we should be seeing inversion in Paris now the park refurbs are finishing. Tbh it really needed some care last time I was there and I'm glad they're making the park look new again.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I know its meant to be temporary, but as I said with DLP we never know. And the trains are steampunkish because the decision of making Hyperspace Mountain kinda came at the last minute and they already ordered the design. So nothing was really "planned"...
    By the way, I don't get why they wrote Columbiad on them. It's the name of the cannon, not the train! They should have written something like Mark III, or Baltimore Gun Club, or find it a proper name... But Columbiad makes no sense and just feel like they looked at the current attraction without knowing anything, and borrowed elements from here and there...

About the refurbs, we are still waiting for POTC to come back, and Phantom Manor next year.
    BTM refurb was a disaster: the ride was frequently down these past months (the refurb was meant to address that...), the new nylon wheels are damaging the track and make an awful noise, the special effects are never working at 100%, etc.

-

(Pssst, do you guys saw the video I made about special effects on Pandora?)
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

That sucks about BTM. It's my favorite version of the ride.
    • CommentAuthorDelay

Posted By: KingRCT3(Pssst, do you guys saw the video I made aboutspecial effects on Pandora?)

Nice one! Even learned some things.
    It's great to see that they used (or abused) science to make their attraction just a bit more interesting (for a person that likes science).

I was at DCA this weekend, and snapped some pics of the final lighting setup. The dome at the top actually warps weird green colors and sparks from time to time, visible from afar.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2017 edited

Holy shit, that is ugly
    • CommentAuthorJAKool
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2017

It's like whoever designed the lighting actually realized what the tone of the building should have been in the first place. It actually looks really good and does a good job of not only unifying the building, but giving it a sinister look.
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeMay 15th 2017 edited

Despite all the negative reactions towards the makeover, that itself looks awesome as hell. Especially with the sinister lighting as JAK mentioned. Ya'll can try to tell me I'm wrong with my opinion but I genuinely think the lighting brings it together in a way that a normal daytime look wouldn't. Not that I was so heavily against the way it looked from the get-go.

I think the ride itself will be incredible when it's done, even if it's just a makeover. Plus I still feel that some people here are being incredibly biased over what it used to be, and aren't even bothering to give it a good look before jumping on the hate bandwagon.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

Maybe for some people on that last point, but overall I think you're definitely wrong there. I've had plenty of looks at it in pictures and in person. I also don't think it will be incredible, I wouldn't even describe ToT as incredible. It'll be fun, but that's probably the most I'll give it. We'll find out in a few weeks though.

What's that I see in the distance? Can it be?
    Yeah this picture basically shows how far the dome lights can be seen from
    I like it.

https://youtu.be/wpGz2jW5fJI

Here's a good video of the night lighting.

Aaand:

Posted By: ScreamscapeAlso, a possible little spoiler for the new attraction was posted by SlashFilm this week when they mentioned that according to an interview with Kevin Feige, theme park fans should keep an eye out for an appearance by The Collector's "brother", the Grandmaster (played by Jeff Goldblum in the upcoming Thor: Ragnarok film) in the new attraction. "Keep an eye out at a particular theme park attraction opening soon, you'll get to see a little crossover... It's just a fun thing."
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Ok that is actually impressive.

And also the lighting package makes that atrocious tower actually look good props to Disney for actually making some aspect of this ride good like that is an achievement.
    • CommentAuthorJAKool

I thought you just said it looked ugly
    •  
      CommentAuthorZergei

I don't think you need to keep up this "I hate it" act, it's a bit overdone at this point. Even the naysayers have started to warm up to it, myself included. It may not be the greatest thing they've ever done (far from it), but here it is almost ready for opening, so complaining is just unnecessary. I have faith that they didn't implode the whole thing, and that it'll be a great showcase of special effects for the Imagineers during the ride experience!
    •  
      CommentAuthorProjektion

I love how it looks in Beta's pic above, it really gives it a darker grimy look that really suits it. The video on the other hand feels like it's too bright, though I'm, not sure if that's due to the camera, if it was too early or if that's how it actually is.
    At night it looks better for sure, def looks more like marvel's gotg art style
    ^^The thing is that the one I took is from this weekend, which was the finalized version. The difference is that they removed the white lights that illuminated the actual tower in favor of more dark green colors to go with the light green warping from the video.
    Also here are some fun facts:
    -Unlike other Disney attractions, this one has no Cast Member preview or club preview. Makes the premiere party more exclusive.
    -There is a hidden mickey on the tower according to a cast member who stood in front of the ride the entire day.
    -This might be the start of an entire new area themed to Marvel, further emphasizing how this might not be out of place when that happens.
    -Cast Members who aren't assigned to stand infront of the tower and tell guests what it is and why it's not open, are told to act like Tower of Terror doesn't exist, but act like the "Tivan -Collection" (What the actual building is now referred as now) just swooped in there out of nowhere.
    -The god damn performers who played songs from the Hollywood Tower Hotel don't play the songs anymore, but instead act like it just disappeared.
    Also, the HTH sign on the waterfall is covered in a tarp. Maybe they will reuse it and have it say "The Tivan Collection" and then the lights appear saying "Guardians of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout!".
    Also enjoy these 2 pictures that were blurry but get the point out:

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery
    • CommentTime7 days ago edited

Posted By: JAKoolI thought you just said it looked ugly

I'll just retract what I said. The green doesn't look the finest at all but I like how it changes colors and shades. It looks kinda nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime7 days ago edited

Posted By: BetaCoastersAlso, the HTH sign on the waterfall is covered in a tarp. Maybe they will reuse it and have it say "The Tivan Collection" and then the lights appear saying "Guardians of The Galaxy: Mission Breakout!".

It does say The Tivan Collection, but not in the way it said Hollywood Tower:

(From this video)

-

I wasn't expecting green for the lighting. It's kind of weird (then again, the whole theme is, as is the GOTG overall universe). It's nice that they emphasize shadows, tho.

EDIT:

The train is on the track, I repeat, the train is on the track!

That's an interesting storage track...

•  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTime7 days ago

POV when
    https://gyazo.com/31a4cdba0573a971368142a749a819b7
    Barrel roll going up!
    •  
      CommentAuthortpainrad
    • CommentTime6 days ago

Those wheel chassis are sexy af on Lech
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters
    • CommentTime5 days ago

Wow, test run of Lech coaster
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTime5 days ago edited

•  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTime5 days ago

^cool maneuver.

@coastermac what ride is that?
    ^that would be Mine Blower
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime5 days ago edited

Posted By: nolimitersWow, test run of Lech coaster

In case you guys missed it.

And there's another video!
    Man that ride looks amazing!
    I dislike it sooo much lol. It'll be fun, yes, but man I'm just 100% opposed to that layout and shaping hahaha
    ^ That dive loop is shaped funny like an NL noob would do it
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime4 days ago edited

Another video of Lech, from the lift hill.

The dive loop is more like a big corkscrew that wraps around itself on the exit.

-

EDIT: Here is Merlin's Mayhem being erected.

•  
      CommentAuthorZergei
    • CommentTime3 days ago

That is definitely trademark S&S, those weird caps extending past the main beam...
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTime11 hours ago edited

Mine Blower got an arch!

A custom Thunderbolt Zamperla coaster going up at Discoveryland in China:

We had a concept-art and I do think the layout is correct, although I have trouble to identify each element, especially at the beginning:

Maybe drop, dive loop, dive loop, loop, overbank or tophat style hill, MCBR, 0G roll, turn to brakes?
    •  
      CommentAuthorMorganFan
    • CommentTime2 hours ago

Higher res