Not signed in (Sign In)

Discussion Tag Cloud

Categories

Vanilla 1.1.9 is a product of Lussumo. More Information: Documentation, Community Support.

•  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2017 edited

And the other Thunderbolt is rising up as well:

-

Lech Coaster in testing. The lift will indeed slow-down like it did in the first NoLimits renders. It should give a nice dive-machine effect for the first row, and anyways you'll get airtime in the last row. Also, there's a trim support on the camel-back, but no trim installed.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2017 edited

I made an in-depth analysis of Guardians of the Galaxy - Mission: Breakout, just to give my two cents on the subject

Click the image below to check it out!

•  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2017

Really nice video, Beatles. Watched through the whole thing and thoroughly enjoyed it, I would love to see more of this.
    •  
      CommentAuthortpainrad
    • CommentTimeMay 29th 2017

Great video, man!
    Nice video, appreciated all the insights. Production quality was on point as well. (except the wind noise from that one scene)
    • CommentAuthorDelay
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2017

Really good video showing all major aspects of the ride.
    Is there another topic you can do the same way? Because I really liked it.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

The Test Track Cherry Bomb knock-off might look good in the end, actually. Who would have guessed that..?

(I'm worried about the white blob with a hat, tho)

And the Mega-lite will be partially over water.

• CommentAuthorBullero

^I agree, the rockwork looks pretty good
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

Is that a different Mega-Lite Model? It looks like it has one fewer airtime hills at the end.
    Nope, still ends on three.
    •  
      CommentAuthorviking86
    • CommentTimeMay 30th 2017 edited

^^No, it has the same two airtime hills as the other versions and then a rise into the final turn.

Edit: Crazycoaster was faster than me.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

I still think the original plan was to have a tunnel after the third one, and having the track goes underneath the turn.

-

Oh by the way Joseph, your video analysis was great. I already sent you a message, but the love should be spread in public.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

Hades had one of its hills reprofiled. Here's a before and after:

•  
      CommentAuthorZergei

It still needs a full retrack to even be worth it lol
    •  
      CommentAuthorBBSpeed26

Needs to be at a park that cares about wood coaster maintenance, really. I'm lucky to have ridden it before Mt. Olympus neglected it into awfulness... it was fantastic up until that hill, and from there on out it was just jackhammer city. Still can't believe that the Hades 360 & Timberliner transformation went down without a full retrack. Mt. Olympus is basically a graveyard of roller coasters that should be great but aren't, for no reason other than that the park doesn't give a damn about taking care of them. Shame, really. Zeus, Hades, and Cyclops used to be great rides.

•  
      CommentAuthorjpaufsc
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2017

Fun Spot barrel roll progress.

• CommentAuthorBigbad
    • CommentTimeMay 31st 2017 edited

That photo blows my mine!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly

Who the f$%* do you think you are.
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

why would you do that

what express purpose does that serve

what are you trying to accomplish

why
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3

Needless to say, that was a big bad joke.

-
    Bestdani's jet ski coaster rip-off at Sea World San Antonio is currently testing.
    It's nothing really exciting to see from the outside, but still should be a pretty fun ride to ride.
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

Who knew that y'all would mine me posting a bad joke?

I like the colors on Mine Blower. Usually I prefer wood coasters to have the natural wood look, but the white (steel) structure with that color of track looks nice.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

White always looks great with natural wood!
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

^^
    dude come on

Also why is the train so awkwardly long looking I don't get it?
    • CommentAuthorBigbad

I suppose I should've anticipated the second pun blowing up in my face, too.

The Sea World trains do look awkwardly long. I think it's necessary, though, for the cars that look like Jetskis. They're longer than most cars with just one row (eg GCI), but they're only 2-across rather than being 2x2 like Intamin cars usually are.
    • CommentAuthorTheBeatles

WTF was that music? I felt like I was on hold to book a lazer tag party
    •  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

No ik they're supposed to be long and the train is much like the other jetski trains, it just looks a lot longer and more awkward for some odd reason
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2017

when are we gonna acknowledge that GG doesn't rotate the vertical L beams on either side of the track on their wooden hybrids and instead uses the same angle on both sides?

^Now, I suppose.

^^^I was more put off by the "NOW IN SLOW MOTION". Like yes, thank you so much. That was far too much action to take in at normal speed.
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 1st 2017 edited

Sorry I gave you illness guys with that video, but that was the only one I found with footages of the ride testing.

@intim305: Why does it bother me more than it should? Now I can only see that..!

-

Maybe Thunderbolt is a very bad ride, but I find the layout pretty cool to look at. The blue and white colors are also a nice choice:

•  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

Why does everyone hate Thunderbolt the rattle isn't that bad and the restraints only suck when you're idle on the track.
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

That looks like its going to be a great Vertical Loop. Some hangtime at the top will be fun as hell. Man I want to go to Japan.
    ^Because it ran like it was 10 years old when I rode it a month after opening. Imagine what it'll be like when it's actually 10 years old.
    •  
      CommentAuthorskyasaurus
    • CommentTimeJun 2nd 2017

it's a shame, it's such a good layout.
    •  
      CommentAuthornolimiters

How to decorate a solar roof!
    •  
      CommentAuthorlamewad

@TheBeatles you are talking about Thunderbolt there right?
    Yes
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2017 edited

It's funny how the roof of Symbolica still look like a render while it's the real thing

-

P├ęgase Express POV. I guess the theming is not all done. Looks fun, otherwise. It may even have more directional changes than Taron, haha.

Another video with queue line.
    S-bend: The Ride
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2017

I love it. It looks much better than Firechaser Express. Hopefully they finish the theming in the showroom soon. Wasn't the ride supposed to open next week anyways?
    •  
      CommentAuthorKingRCT3
    • CommentTimeJun 3rd 2017

Yes, on June 11th. It's only soft-openings right now.
    The music on that second video makes me want to puncture my own eardrums ._.

Anyway, the coaster looks alright, but Dark's right, it really is S-Bend: The Ride. I feel like that motion would get pretty tedious by the end. Firechaser's layout is significantly better in my opinion (and it utilizes terrain - this one's basically just on flat ground).
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJun 4th 2017

I think it's OK. Certainly not better than Firechaser given how repetitive the layout seems in comparison, but it looks like a really enjoyable family coaster at most (which is what it's meant to be ofc). Like Cfan and Dark have said, I'm not really a fan of how many S-turns the ride consists of, but I doubt it's something you'd really care to notice about when riding. It just looks like a fun little coaster.
    •  
      CommentAuthorParadox

•  
      CommentAuthorOlmisery

I didn't know a ride could have more S-bends than Taron.
    Announcement + layout of the Warner Bros. Movie World hyper! Its name is DC Rivals HyperCoaster. You'll be able to ride the thing backwards in the last 2 rows last row!
    •  
      CommentAuthorMrcrolly
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017

Okay that actually looks super badass. The idea of riding a 200ft coaster backwards just seems unreal, and that layout looks FREAKIN AWESOME.

On another note... Does anyone else feel the same about that lift topper? Like... It looks terrible.
    •  
      CommentAuthorintim305
    • CommentTimeJun 5th 2017

actually its only the very last row...
    https://gyazo.com/b4d3456ea9b01ba4df0cafe0a7a1b679

but the layout looks amazing i hope i can ride it sometime
    Yea that drop is going to be sooooo good in the back row. The general consensus for EGF's drop is that it's absolutely legendary; now imagine that drop backwards and it's going to be insane! Though I agree that that design at the top of the lift could be better hahaha.
    "Featuring one of the world's first non-inverted loops"
    What kinda claim is that? It's no where near the world's first -.-

Does look pretty cool though. Not sure how disorienting riding it backwards will be; even The Swarm threw me off a bit and that doesn't have any fast elements.